The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fangio almost not a Phin

5 posters

Go down

Fangio almost not a Phin Empty Fangio almost not a Phin

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 04, 2023 10:05 am

so the basic premise per Schefter is that had the Eagles known Gannon was going to leave for the Cardinals (who had been tampering with him), then they would've kept Fangio as the DC.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-vic-fangio-probably-eagles-025445747.html

kind of explains the whole delay between when word got out Fangio was coming to Miami and when it was official. some are even going so far as to say Fangio would've preferred to remain in Philly. That may have been true at the time, but i think he is firmly dedicated to Miami now.

and again, it just pisses me off to see the NFL turn a blind eye to all of this while Miami got hammered for the exact same thing.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Fangio almost not a Phin Empty Re: Fangio almost not a Phin

Post by JMP Thu May 04, 2023 10:13 am

Interesting. Just glad Fangio ended up in Miami!

The lost draft pick will forever piss me off.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 04, 2023 10:22 am

Oh I figured there was a real possibility. IIRC Fangio has family in the Scranton area. Part of the reason he was consulting up there, the location was good for him.

We're fortunate he's here.

Odds on favorites were probably DC under Payton (only the fact he went to Denver saved us), and the Eagles a close second. Credit to McDaniel for acting fast and making a market-setting offer. Rumor has it Fangio is making as much or more than McDaniel.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 04, 2023 12:34 pm

The way I see it, this is the universe's way of evening things out.

Who would you rather have, Fangio or a first round player picked by Grier in THIS draft?

That having been said, it really is yet another example of "rules for thee but not for me" prevalent in all areas of society these days. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I will also admit that I find the PFT crowd's consensus that suddenly tampering is no big deal to be...irksome. Where was this attitude when the Fins were getting hammered? scratch Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu May 04, 2023 1:56 pm

Ross has been warned before about tampering I think?

And he didn't even TRY to hide the fact that he was actively scheming while Flores was still the HC.

Factor in Flores lawsuit and the NFL Front office hates arrogant arsehole Ross and you can see why they slapped the dumbarse like they did.

Apparently the whole Gannon thing could turn into a big PR nightmare for the league so they have quietly "allowed" the two teams to settle the tampering amongst themselves???

ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME!!???

I think Ross deserved to get smacked, but tampering with a SB team right BEFORE the SB should carry some heavy consequences as well, and not the kind where the two teams settle it for themselves!!

I am going to have to side with DF316 on this and say this smacks of the same illogical dipshittery we have come to expect from the woke NFL.

There was definitely something up with the Fangio signing. I wonder if that was part of the whole tampering with Gannon thing?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 04, 2023 2:23 pm

I don't believe the first round pick was taken away because Bruce Beal talked with Tom Brady. That may be the go-to story, but the real reason, as 316 has mentioned several times, is that the NFL could not give Flores what he wanted with the bogus racism lawsuit, so they had to punish the Dolphins another way - and the Beal-Brady conversation gave them that opportunity.

The NFL has no real rules for punishment of anything, at the team or player level, and the league operates solely on the whims of Goodell. And if he doesn't like you, you're screwed.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri May 05, 2023 12:06 pm

Yeah the whole way this Gannon tampering thing was handled makes me think the NFL just wanted this crapola too go away quick, fast, and in a hurry!

Ross is still a major moron IMO though.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 05, 2023 3:18 pm

finfanatic wrote:
Ross is still a major moron IMO though.

1000%!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon May 08, 2023 7:21 am

JMP wrote:I don't believe the first round pick was taken away because Bruce Beal talked with Tom Brady.  That may be the go-to story, but the real reason, as 316 has mentioned several times, is that the NFL could not give Flores what he wanted with the bogus racism lawsuit, so they had to punish the Dolphins another way - and the Beal-Brady conversation gave them that opportunity.

you may indeed be correct. the supposed tampering may have just been a convenient excuse to try and give Miami a black-eye. but at least be consistent in how it is dealt with.

oh look, another team supposedly tampering - and the league will do nothing about it...

Colts owner Jim Irsay wants to make it clear that Andrew Luck is off-limits.

After learning the availability of Luck was the subject of an inquiry last year by the Washington Commanders, Irsay took to social media Sunday night to warn teams about any correspondence regarding the long-retired Colts quarterback.

"If any NFL team attempted to contact Andrew Luck (or any associate of him) ... to play for their Franchise -- it would be a clear violation of the League's Tampering Policy," Irsay posted on Twitter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37557229/colts-jim-irsay-warns-teams-andrew-luck-contact

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 08, 2023 8:59 am

mercury22nathan wrote:but at least be consistent in how it is dealt with.

In Goodell's NFL, there is nothing consistent about the way anything is handled.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down