The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi.

4 posters

Go down

Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi. Empty Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi.

Post by HalCHorn Mon May 15, 2023 5:17 pm

Second former first round OT in two days also. Ogbuehi was a first round pick in 2015. He started 5 games for the Jets last year, hasn't been a full time starter since 2017. Wynn is the better option now IMO, but now the team is adding OT's at least.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi. Empty Re: Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi.

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Grier is literally throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks at this point. SMH. Evil or Very Mad

Could've drafted Torrence at 51 and then Morris at 84 or just one of the two but nope, we couldn't have that! We needed another CB even after the Ramsey signing and a shrimpy RB instead! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Gotta love the admission that Jackson's not good enough after insisting for weeks he's good enough, and also the admission that Armstead's not making it through the season. It's a bit late, but better than than never, I guess?

When it comes to O-line this team's motto seems to be, "If You're Another Team's Bust, You Can Play For Us!"

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi. Empty Re: Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi.

Post by JMP Mon May 15, 2023 8:43 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

Gotta love the admission that Jackson's not good enough after insisting for weeks he's good enough, and also the admission that Armstead's not making it through the season.

Huh??? The team needed to improve depth in the interior and at swing tackle, and they did that by adding Feeney and Wynn. These guys were not signed to be starters, though they likely will be given a chance to compete. Jackson is the starting RT - nothing has changed unless Wynn wins the job in camp.

Ogbuehi is likely a camp body. They added a former first round pick on the cheap and now have a chance to kick the tires at no risk whatsoever.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed May 17, 2023 3:50 pm

DF316 wrote:The Miami OL simply isn't the tragedy that so many people make it out to be, and injured OL isn't a situation that is unique to the Dolphins. I certainly hope we get better play from the OL overall, but I think this current line is good enough to win with.

I understand your thinking on the Oline situation, which remains the same as it was last year IMO: Hope there are no injuries and let's get some cheap backups who we hope don't have to play!!! It doesn't sound very realistic.

But I have had a change of heart on the Cam Smith pick. I heard there may be some "character" concerns with him, which I hope is genuine pre-draft horseshiite... but this pick is going to allow Fangio to unleash Ramsey and/or Howard to be ballhawks. If this is the pick that turns the Phins defense from a bad scoring defense (24 ppg) into a top of the league scoring defense 17-18 pts per game, then it was a great pick IMO.

On not picking an Olineman in the 3rd round: And as I heard it explained to me by a knowledgeable friend: Who at pick #84 on the Oline would beat out a healthy Jackson at RT or healthy Eich at LG? Have to be a very good rookie to beat guys with experience. Once OT/OG Mauch, OG Torrence and OT Steen were gone before #84, there was nobody left on the Oline who was worthy of the pick? I guess we shall see about this, but...

So the Phins drafted Achane who if everything works out correctly, could make a big impact this year. At the very least the Opposing D is going to have to account for him every time he is on the field.

If Terron Armstead has a good year, the Phins Oline should be OKAY! Hopefully.... Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi. 1f62c

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 17, 2023 4:11 pm

finfanatic wrote:

But I have had a change of heart on the Cam Smith pick. I heard there may be some "character" concerns with him, which I hope is genuine pre-draft horseshiite... but this pick is going to allow Fangio to unleash Ramsey and/or Howard to be ballhawks. If this is the pick that turns the Phins defense from a bad scoring defense (24 ppg) into a top of the league scoring defense 17-18 pts per game, then it was a great pick IMO.

On not picking an Olineman in the 3rd round: And as I heard it explained to me by a knowledgeable friend: Who at pick #84 on the Oline would beat out a healthy Jackson at RT or healthy Eich at LG? Have to be a very good rookie to beat guys with experience. Once OT/OG Mauch, OG Torrence and OT Steen were gone before #84, there was nobody left on the Oline who was worthy of the pick?  I guess we shall see about this, but...

So the Phins drafted Achane who if everything works out correctly, could make a big impact this year. At the very least the Opposing D is going to have to account for him every time he is on the field.

If Terron Armstead has a good year, the Phins Oline should be OKAY!   Hopefully....   Second OT in two days - Cedric Ogbuehi. 1f62c

I didn't know about character concerns with Smith, but Grier knows him very well as his son was Smith's teammate and I think even roommate at South Carolina. The Dolphins are pretty gung-ho on drafting high character players, and I doubt Grier would have taken him if there were any legit red flags in that area. But you never know how these kids will react when they get $$$, so we'll see... As far as on the field, Smith is considered an alpha-type that plays hard and has a nose for the ball. He needs technique work for sure, but the Phins have a top-shelf coaching staff and I'm sure they can help him get less "handsy" with receivers. I think he will play mostly inside early but once he gets adjusted I can see him playing more outside - allowing Fangio to move Ramsey around like a chess piece.

I agree that the OL available at 84 were less-than-ideal and likely not early starters. I also think McDaniel will always pound the table for playmakers over backup OL - for better or for worse! Very Happy

Hard to imagine the OL getting hit with injuries to the extent they did last year. We were literally starting 4th and 5th string players at times!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down