The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV craps on Phins again

4 posters

Go down

TV craps on Phins again Empty TV craps on Phins again

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:20 am

the Miami vs SD...umm, LA game (blue) will be seen by the smallest amount of the country of any game in the 4:00 PM window.

TV craps on Phins again 01-CBS-L

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=1

so the NFL will felate the bottom dwelling Patriots (red), as always, especially since they're playing the Super Bowl losing Eagles.  but to pimp the lame LV @ Denver (green) matchup over the Miami game between two supposed contenders is just plain disrespect.  i bet if the Bills are Jets were playing the Chargers it would be the lead game.  even the FOX 4:00 PM clunkers are being seen by more of the country.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

TV craps on Phins again Empty Re: TV craps on Phins again

Post by JMP Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:46 am

Wow, total bullshit for a huge matchup that will almost certainly have playoff implications down the road.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:17 pm

You guys will be glad of this when the Fins come out and lay an egg and you're wanting to shoot out your TV in the 3rd quarter.

7-10, calling it now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:36 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:You guys will be glad of this when the Fins come out and lay an egg and you're wanting to shoot out your TV in the 3rd quarter.

7-10, calling it now.

I can watch the game either way, so I really don't care. Just seems like a Tua vs. Herbert matchup with two teams that will be in the playoff hunt all season would be a big nationwide draw. The NFL makes strange decisions.

And I won't be upset at all after the game - the Dolphins are going to win.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:47 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:You guys will be glad of this when the Fins come out and lay an egg and you're wanting to shoot out your TV in the 3rd quarter.

7-10, calling it now.

I can watch the game either way, so I really don't care.  Just seems like a Tua vs. Herbert matchup with two teams that will be in the playoff hunt all season would be a big nationwide draw. The NFL makes strange decisions.

When I made that post I wasn't even thinking about your Game Thoughts! My shame knows no bounds Embarassed You of all people absolutely, positively MUST watch the entire game even if the Fins lose by 40!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:20 am

CBS and Fox both get doubleheaders on the first and last Sunday of the season, and the Dolphins’ 4:25 p.m. opener at the Chargers will be part of a crowded late CBS window that day with Eagles-Patriots and Raiders-Broncos. Only 15 percent of the country is getting Dolphins-Chargers.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article275399066.html

only 15 fucking percent!!! while the Patriots get 45% and LV/Denver get 40%. WTF? look at the map. traditional mid-country AFC markets...Nashville, Indy, Cincy, Cleveland and Houston getting the Pats against a NFC non-rival over the Tua vs Herbert headline. does the NFL still think the Brady-less Pats are that big a draw? and the what the hell is going on with KC? if they're not gonna get their divisional rivals (LV/Denver), wouldn't it make sense to see a game between two AFC teams that will be in the playoff race with them?

so i thought maybe this was just the NFL being stupid, but now its nearing conspiracy territory...

One of the Dolphins’ three prime-time games — on Dec. 11 at home on ESPN against Tennessee — competes directly with a Packers-Giants game on ABC.

Three times this season, ABC and ESPN will air different “Monday Night Football” games on the same night.

It happens with Saints-Panthers and Browns-Steelers on Monday night in Week 2, and Eagles-Bucs and Rams-Bengals on Monday night in Week 3. But unlike the Dolphins game on Dec. 11, there are staggered starts (7:15, 8:15) for those two sets of games.

so wait, the other 2 dual Monday nighters get staggered starts, but Miami's Monday nighter on cable goes directly head-to-head with the largest market in TV - NY - against a traditional NFC foe on a national ABC channel? and to top it off, Miami is going against a smaller Nashville TV market. so this way, when Miami's game gets blown out of the water in the ratings, they can use it as an excuse to never put Miami in primetime again based on poor ratings!!

hmm, why would the NFL do this? perhaps they have no intention of Miami ever seeing that primetime on Monday night...

And NFL executive Hans Schroeder said that if the Dolphins-Titans game hadn’t been placed on Monday night, there’s “a good chance this would have been a game going to regional [audience] on CBS on Sunday afternoon.”

So if there’s a dud scheduled on Monday night during those weeks, the NFL can shift that game to Sunday afternoon on CBS or Fox and move a Sunday afternoon game to ESPN, as long as it’s done no later than 12 days in advance.

The ESPN games that could be flexed this year: Chicago-Minnesota, Cincinnati-Jacksonville, Tennessee-Dolphins, Kansas City-New England.

gee, i wonder which one will get flexed and buried (to less than 15% perhaps) in the afternoon? and all of this on top of the fact the Miami's potentially most marketable game against the Chiefs (2 team possibly fighting for AFC supremacy) was thrown to Europe with a 9:30 AM USA start!! NFL: "See, even against the super bowl champs the Dolphins can't get eyeballs on a TV set."

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:44 am

They are having a Halftime ceremony for Brady that is Why Nantz & Romo will be there. Romo will probaly Talk about Brady more than both Qb's actually Playing.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:

7-10, calling it now.

I can watch the game either way, so I really don't care.  Just seems like a Tua vs. Herbert matchup with two teams that will be in the playoff hunt all season would be a big nationwide draw. The NFL makes strange decisions.

When I made that post I wasn't even thinking about your Game Thoughts! My shame knows no bounds Embarassed You of all people absolutely, positively MUST watch the entire game even if the Fins lose by 40!

Very Happy I'm actually not sure when I'll be home Sunday, so I may not get to watch the game live. The timing could impact when I get my game thoughts posted....

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:45 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
CBS and Fox both get doubleheaders on the first and last Sunday of the season, and the Dolphins’ 4:25 p.m. opener at the Chargers will be part of a crowded late CBS window that day with Eagles-Patriots and Raiders-Broncos. Only 15 percent of the country is getting Dolphins-Chargers.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article275399066.html

only 15 fucking percent!!!  while the Patriots get 45% and LV/Denver get 40%.  WTF?  look at the map.  traditional mid-country AFC markets...Nashville, Indy, Cincy, Cleveland and Houston getting the Pats against a NFC non-rival over the Tua vs Herbert headline.  does the NFL still think the Brady-less Pats are that big a draw?  and the what the hell is going on with KC?  if they're not gonna get their divisional rivals (LV/Denver), wouldn't it make sense to see a game between two AFC teams that will be in the playoff race with them?

so i thought maybe this was just the NFL being stupid, but now its nearing conspiracy territory...

One of the Dolphins’ three prime-time games — on Dec. 11 at home on ESPN against Tennessee — competes directly with a Packers-Giants game on ABC.

Three times this season, ABC and ESPN will air different “Monday Night Football” games on the same night.

It happens with Saints-Panthers and Browns-Steelers on Monday night in Week 2, and Eagles-Bucs and Rams-Bengals on Monday night in Week 3. But unlike the Dolphins game on Dec. 11, there are staggered starts (7:15, 8:15) for those two sets of games.

so wait, the other 2 dual Monday nighters get staggered starts, but Miami's Monday nighter on cable goes directly head-to-head with the largest market in TV - NY - against a traditional NFC foe on a national ABC channel?  and to top it off, Miami is going against a smaller Nashville TV market.  so this way, when Miami's game gets blown out of the water in the ratings, they can use it as an excuse to never put Miami in primetime again based on poor ratings!!

hmm, why would the NFL do this?  perhaps they have no intention of Miami ever seeing that primetime on Monday night...

And NFL executive Hans Schroeder said that if the Dolphins-Titans game hadn’t been placed on Monday night, there’s “a good chance this would have been a game going to regional [audience] on CBS on Sunday afternoon.”

So if there’s a dud scheduled on Monday night during those weeks, the NFL can shift that game to Sunday afternoon on CBS or Fox and move a Sunday afternoon game to ESPN, as long as it’s done no later than 12 days in advance.

The ESPN games that could be flexed this year: Chicago-Minnesota, Cincinnati-Jacksonville, Tennessee-Dolphins, Kansas City-New England.

gee, i wonder which one will get flexed and buried (to less than 15% perhaps) in the afternoon?  and all of this on top of the fact the Miami's potentially most marketable game against the Chiefs (2 team possibly fighting for AFC supremacy) was thrown to Europe with a 9:30 AM USA start!!  NFL: "See, even against the super bowl champs the Dolphins can't get eyeballs on a TV set."

I didn't even know there were multiple Monday night games some weeks! What the hell is that??

Is it just me, or does it seem like the NFL is trying to phase out Sunday afternoon football altogether and just push everything to primetime?? Evil or Very Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:39 pm

Merc has convinced me this is yet another NFL anti-Fins conspiracy. I too had no idea about any of this Shocked

Here's another possible layer: Could it be that the NFL has actually planned well in advance to make sure Tua is out of the picture by mid-season? As in, having him randomly yanked from a random game after being lightly touched by a defender and put in "concussion protocol" for the rest of the season? It would certainly explain why they've already decided the Fins-Titans game will be a dud..

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down