The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herberts Lose Again!!!

4 posters

Go down

Herberts Lose Again!!!  Empty Herberts Lose Again!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:38 pm

But...but...I thought he was supposed to be one of the tippity top QBs in the league and a surefire Hall Of Famer Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sacked late again and a three and out to start OT while losing to Ryan Freaking Tannehill is not good optics, as the cool kids say.

But I'm sure he'll be better in the clutch after Brandon Staley gets fired in 2 weeks, right? Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Herberts Lose Again!!!  Empty Re: Herberts Lose Again!!!

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:55 am

Yeah, Herbert has now had three opportunities to win the game for his team this season - and he's failed miserably each time, gaining almost no yards on all 3 of those series.

Yesterday is really a great of example of the type of QB he is: outstanding numbers (305 yards, 2 TDs, no INTs, 104 rating), but when he had an opportunity to lead the team to victory - twice - he failed. He now has a losing record for his career.

And yes, Staley is on very thin ice - but his QB sure isn't helping him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:00 am

JMP wrote:Yeah, Herbert has now had three opportunities to win the game for his team this season - and he's failed miserably each time, gaining almost no yards on all 3 of those series.

Yesterday is really a great of example of the type of QB he is: outstanding numbers (305 yards, 2 TDs, no INTs, 104 rating), but when he had an opportunity to lead the team to victory - twice - he failed.  He now has a losing record for his career.

And yes, Staley is on very thin ice - but his QB sure isn't helping him.

But it's all Staley's fault, right? That's what the media will be saying anyway. Somehow Herbert will escape all the blame and still be hailed as a franchise QB because modern media sucks.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:37 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

But it's all Staley's fault, right? That's what the media will be saying anyway. Somehow Herbert will escape all the blame and still be hailed as a franchise QB because modern media sucks.

Yep, can't criticize the greatest QB of all time!

Last week, Herbert gets the ball down by 2 at the end of the game - and leads his team to -1 yards on 5 plays.

Yesterday, the Chargers get the ball first in OT and Herbert leads his team to...a three and out, gaining 0 yards with three incomplete passes.

So that's two game-winning situations where he didn't get any positive yardage. If that was Tua, he'd get absolutely DESTROYED by everyone in the media. But Herbert? Not his fault!

I do give Herbert credit for tying the game in regulation yesterday, but even then - he didn't even sniff the endzone on that drive despite getting all the way to the 14 yard line. He had a first down at the 14, and completed 2 short passes and then took a bad sack, negating the yards gained on those 2 passes.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:58 am

Yeah, this is not helping Herbert's rep for sure.

Some dudes just cannot handle the pressure. They are fine in regular situations, but crumble under the pressure. It seems to keep happening to Herbert?

And I think Staley is not long for the job. He has one year remaining on his contract, but a few more of these gut-wrenching losses with the game on the line and the Bolts NEED to make a change.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:57 pm

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, this is not helping Herbert's rep for sure.

Some dudes just cannot handle the pressure.  They are fine in regular situations, but crumble under the pressure.  It seems to keep happening to Herbert?

I knew you'd come around to our side eventually Smile Cool Razz

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:52 pm

I still think he is a good QB... and it is hard to argue with the numbers he is putting up, but good QBs don't shrivel up in the face of a challenge.

Like in that dumb movie the Replacements... the coach is looking for a QB who says "I want the ball."

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:06 pm

finfanatic wrote:I still think he is a good QB... and it is hard to argue with the numbers he is putting up, but good QBs don't shrivel up in the face of a challenge.

Like in that dumb movie the Replacements... the coach is looking for a QB who says "I want the ball."

Oh for sure - he's a GREAT QB, and the numbers bear that out. You just can't count on him in big moments, and that was the story in college too.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:19 pm

JMP wrote:Oh for sure - he's a GREAT QB, and the numbers bear that out.

Oh come ON, man...I finally convert FF and NOW you go soft on me? Evil or Very Mad Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Oh for sure - he's a GREAT QB, and the numbers bear that out.

Oh come ON, man...I finally convert FF and NOW you go soft on me? Evil or Very Mad Razz

LOL I'm not going soft! But he's always been a great QB, statistically. Can't really argue that. It's just that pesky problem that he doesn't know how to win! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:49 am

I saw an opinion on Twitter that Herbert is very limited in his ability to read defenses. Gets confused a lot and ends up throwing into zone / double coverage.

If true, there's definitely a ceiling on how far he can take that team, and we may be seeing it live....
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:07 am

white1 wrote:I saw an opinion on Twitter that Herbert is very limited in his ability to read defenses.  Gets confused a lot and ends up throwing into zone / double coverage.

If true, there's definitely a ceiling on how far he can take that team, and we may be seeing it live....

I also question his ability to see the field. There's a lot of times - and again, this goes back to Oregon - where he simply misses open receivers. The ball is thrown too short/far, too inside/outside...just off-target. And maybe part of that is connected to his (in)ability to read coverage?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:25 am

Is the media finally (gasp!) catching on to what Jmp and I have been saying all along about Herbert being arguably the NFL's most overrated player who only compiles empty calorie stats that don't mean anything? Hmmm scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:33 pm

Herbert gonna Herbert. Yesterday was such a typical Herbert game...start out strong, disappear in the second half, choke at the end.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down