The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

+7
mercury22nathan
HalCHorn
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
JEGnj
JMP
Birdmond
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR!   [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp] Empty UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

Post by Birdmond Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Is he being a dueche or being traded?  I say dueche but some have speculated he's going to Philly for Kendricks.  Wet dream IMHO.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR!   [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp] Empty Re: UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Birdmond wrote:Is he being a dueche or being traded?  I say dueche but some have speculated he's going to Philly for Kendricks.  Wet dream IMHO.  

At this point if we could trade Jordan for a bag of deflated footballs, it would be a plus move for the Phins.

It would be one thing if Jordan gave 1000% at all times and just wasn't good enough - that, I could accept. But everything about this guys screams "I don't care about being a football player" and I don't see any effort at all to get better. He's an absolute waste of a roster space, and he will go down as Fireland's worst pick...edging out Daniel Thomas and Pat White.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR!   [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp] Empty Re: UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:31 am

Can't argue with that. That draft, is looking pretty sad.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:53 am

Hmmm, Mychal Kendricks and Evan Mathis were no shows at Eagles camp. I understand the cap ramifications of trading Jordan but plugging two holes in one move would be sweet!

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:27 am

Birdmond wrote:Hmmm, Mychal Kendricks and Evan Mathis were no shows at Eagles camp.   I understand the cap ramifications of trading Jordan but plugging two holes in one move would be sweet!  

That would be an outstanding trade...getting two quality starters in exchange for a special teams player would have to go down as one of the most one-sided trades ever! But I bet we'd have to throw in a pick too. I'm pretty much on board with any move that gets Jordan off the team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:37 pm

I just don't get where these people have talent but piss it away or don't make the effort.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Could it be coaching? I tend to believe Belichick would have made Jordan a star. This is why deep down I think Chip Kelly and his massive ego believes he can turn Jordan around.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Jordan is not an NFL defensive end...that's the first problem. He does not possess a quick first step, has no pass rush moves and can't shed blockers. He needs to play in space if he's going to have any type of success, and that means OLB in a 3-4. Even then, I'm not sure he has the desire to be a football player.

The Eagles would probably be Jordan's best-case scenario, if only because of Chip Kelly. I don't think Jordan would fit on the Patriots, because he doesn't seem very intelligent and his work ethic appears to be almost non-existent. He looks like an anti-Belichick player to me.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Where's NYF to defend Jeff Ireland ? LOL

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:32 pm

So many things to go over  Smile

JMP wrote:It would be one thing if Jordan gave 1000% at all times and just wasn't good enough - that, I could accept.  But everything about this guys screams "I don't care about being a football player" and I don't see any effort at all to get better.  He's an absolute waste of a roster space, and he will go down as Fireland's worst pick...edging out Daniel Thomas and Pat White.

IMO White's still the worst. At least Jordan somehow has 3 career sacks--one in his first ever game, one against the Panthers (a team the Fins never lost to until he joined the them, hmmm...) and one in the "Save Philbin's Job!" win over the Vikings. White was a QB who literally never completed a pass. It's not humanly possible to get any worse than that as far as draft picks go.

Birdmond wrote:Can't argue with that.   That draft, is looking pretty sad.  

I'm seriously thinking of starting a thread about which draft was worse, '13 or '09. Just to get us all in the proper mood for this draft, of course Twisted Evil

JMP wrote:That would be an outstanding trade...getting two quality starters in exchange for a special teams player would have to go down as one of the most one-sided trades ever!  But I bet we'd have to throw in a pick too.  I'm pretty much on board with any move that gets Jordan off the team.

That trade would be the complete antithesis of all the ones over the past 15 years or so in which the Fins have been fleeced that I literally do not dare even hope it comes true affraid

Birdmond wrote:Could it be coaching?  I tend to believe Belichick would have made Jordan a star.  This is why deep down I think Chip Kelly and his massive ego believes he can turn Jordan around.  

Well, that and he actually coached the guy before at Oregon apparently well enough that he was a top 5 pick. Hell, under those circumstances *I* might be tempted to think I could make Jordan a star as well.  

Birdmond wrote:Where's NYF to defend Jeff Ireland ?  LOL

Now that, sir, is a cheap shot Shocked Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:39 pm

I wasn't opposed as much to the Pat White pick until I stood next to him in Nashville. Could not believe how small he was.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 pm

I checked the list of every second round draftee in Fins history just to see if my assertion that White is the worst pick in the round the Fins ever made was true.

Turns out I was wrong because Eddie Blake. But White IMO beats out everybody else for second, even duds like Chuck Bradley, Andrew Greene and Loaird McCreary (the Fins' drafting in the mid 70s was brutal and the main reason they went from the hands down best team in the league to not winning a playoff game the last six years of that decade).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1966&year_max=2014&type=&round_min=2&round_max=2&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=mia&pos_new=qb&pos_new=rb&pos_new=wr&pos_new=te&pos_new=e&pos_new=t&pos_new=g&pos_new=c&pos_new=ol&pos_new=dt&pos_new=de&pos_new=dl&pos_new=ilb&pos_new=olb&pos_new=lb&pos_new=cb&pos_new=s&pos_new=db&pos_new=k&pos_new=p&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all&order_by=career_av&order_by_asc=ASC

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Birdmond wrote:I wasn't opposed as much to the Pat White pick until I stood next to him in Nashville.  Could not believe how small he was.

Nashville huh? You might as well have rented a car and driven 3 hours to meet me Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 pm

I vote Jordan over White, simply because Jordan was the #3 overall and the Phins traded up to get him. But yeah, White was the definition of "non-factor".

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:50 am

I'll be in Nashville for the weekend of October 18th for the Titans game. Be careful what you wish for 316. I might just show up at your door step. LOL.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487984/article/dolphins-refuse-to-address-dion-jordans-status

According to this article, the Dolphins' brass is completely ignoring the Jordan situation when asked about it. Don't be surprised if he's on another team by this time next week. I'm totally fine with that. cheers

As you can see, local scribes were left with the distinct impression that there's more to the story than a simple no-show for voluntary workouts.

The inference is that the Dolphins are shopping Jordan in advance of next week's draft.

It's fair to question if Jordan will bring anything more than a mid-round pick in return. A thin-framed pass rusher without an NFL position to date, Jordan is also one more failed drug test away from a lengthy suspension.

Perhaps Chip Kelly will take a flier on another one of his former Oregon Ducks stars. The Eagles were reported to be hot on Jordan's trail last offseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Chip Kelly will take Jordan off the Fins' hands for as high as a 3rd if Tannebaum or whoever doesn't screw it up.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:18 am

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm wrong...Jordan isn't going to be traded at all. I now think he tested positive for drugs AGAIN. I generally don't like to speculate on things like that because I have no proof whatsoever...but with this guy's track record, it seems like a logical conclusion.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:39 am

I agree JMP. WOW what an epic bust.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:41 pm

I read that other NFL teams knew his off field problems before the draft. The article blasted Jeff Ireland because of multiple player issues including Jonathan Martin and Jordan. The article claimed Ireland drafted players with major concerns or brought them in knowing they may be problems.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Trading Jordan right now would definitely be getting pennies on the dollar, if that.

I doubt the Eagles would part with more than a 5th.

Maybe Jordan could be part of a larger deal involving the Eagles moving up six spots and parting with, say, a pick and Brandon Boykin?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:13 am

i don't know if this is an indication of anything, but thought it too curious not to post...

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:By the way, there are Instagram pictures of Jordan boating with his girlfriend a few days before the Dolphins' offseason program began last Monday.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/04/evaluators-analyze-um-draft-prospects-dolphins-draft-nuggets-whiteside-record-marlins.html

all this really tells us is that he wasn't in a drug treatment clinic. perhaps this is a guy enjoying a little time off before starting the NFL grind? perhaps this is a guy to whom football just ain't that important? perhaps (and my hope) this is a guy who the Phins told to stay away from the team facility in anticipation of a trade?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks for posting that, merc.  Just makes the situation even cloudier.  But, all signs seem to point to the Phins wanting to dump Jordan.

HalCHorn wrote:Trading Jordan right now would definitely be getting pennies on the dollar, if that.

I doubt the Eagles would part with more than a 5th.

Maybe Jordan could be part of a larger deal involving the Eagles moving up six spots and parting with, say, a pick and Brandon Boykin?

The problem is, Jordan's value is almost zero right now.  He's essentially been a bust on the field, and he's one failed drug test away from a lengthy suspension.  I think getting a 5th for him, or even a legit player, would be a miracle.

Last edited by JMP on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 am

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/27/philip-rivers-trade-titans-chargers-nfl-draft/4/

Peter King speculates that Jordan could get cut:

After two unimpactful and pricy seasons (both of those adjectives are understated), Jordan stands on the verge today of either being cut by Miami or being kept but needing to dig himself out of a huge hole with a coaching staff that doesn’t trust him to be on the practice squad, never mind start for a playoff contender.

if Miami had not made that trade in 2013, and had kept the two picks? With the 12th pick, they could have taken either defensive tackle Star Lotulelei or guard Kyle Long; with the 42nd pick, to fill a major running back hole, Miami could have picked Le’Veon Bell.

That’s the kind of trade, and pick, that can haunt a franchise for a long time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 am

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next