The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilkins (and other) decisions looming in a month

+4
JEGnj
finfanatic
JMP
mercury22nathan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wilkins (and other) decisions looming in a month - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilkins (and other) decisions looming in a month

Post by JMP Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:43 pm

white1 wrote:Ogbah was a goner if Fangio were still here.

Fact is, he can still play DE and rush the passer... and that's a position where we have big problems with Phillips and Chubb coming off injury.  

IMO would not be a bad idea to keep him, either restructure his deal to save $$$ or look for the money elsewhere. With his contract, I would think you could add a year or two, give him some money upfront, and drop his cap hit for 2024 way down...

My guess is that Ogbah is a man without a position on this team. He's not really an OLB, and he's kind of small to be a DE in Weaver's system (based on the Ravens' D, which uses 300+ pound DEs). I think it's more likely we cut him loose and add a cheap veteran alternative like Brent Urban from the Ravens.

It's possible that we do restructure his deal, but I think it's more likely that we cut him and get that $13.7 million in cap space.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

finfanatic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wilkins (and other) decisions looming in a month - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilkins (and other) decisions looming in a month

Post by finskev Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:22 pm

Media is Reporting that Miami will Franchise Wilkins if they can't agree to a New Contract. I think Franchise Tag will be Last thing done after All the other contracts get done if they have to do it.

finskev

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:54 am

finskev wrote:Media is Reporting that Miami will Franchise Wilkins if they can't agree to a New Contract. I think Franchise Tag will be Last thing done after All the other contracts get done if they have to do it.

I really don't believe that report. It's from someone that has no connection to the Dolphins, and again, the Phins simply don't have the cap space to use the tag - not if they want to sign some of their own FAs and add other pieces.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2