The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers gaffe

3 posters

Go down

Steelers gaffe Empty Steelers gaffe

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:46 am

i don't know why i found this so amusing, but i did.  the Steelers are often held up as an example of NFL class and stability.

When the Steelers signed Mitch Trubisky in 2022 to a barren quarterback room then featuring Mason Rudolph and DeWayne Haskins, they appeared to be offering him a second chance to revive his career with a team to lead.

That changed quickly.

About six weeks later, in an even more barren quarterback draft class, the Steelers took the first one off the board with Pitt's Kenny Pickett. Then, Trubisky realized he would be legitimately competing for his starting spot. in the shadow of a rookie who provided hope to bridge the gap of success between Ben Roethlisberger and success.

It doesn't appear Trubisky was looped into that plan, as a recent report takes us back to that very night.

"Trubisky never stood a chance with the Steelers," Gerry Dulac wrote for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. "Six weeks after he was signed to a two-year, $14.3 million contract in free agency in March 2022, the Steelers took Pickett with their No. 1 pick in the draft.

"That night, Trubisky was a little surprised by a text message that, among other things, asked him to text and congratulate the newest Steelers quarterback. No wonder he played as though he was always looking over his shoulder after that."

Oof. That's quite a demeaning text.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mitch-trubisky-asked-via-text-004837044.html

i have no problem with the Steelers (or any team) signing a guy and then turning around and drafting someone at the same position.  they are free to do what they believe is best as far as talent acquisition.  but to turn around and instruct players to show fake comradery seems disingenuous and hints at a front office with low organizational self-esteem.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Steelers gaffe Empty Re: Steelers gaffe

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:59 am

It gives the energy of a parent telling their kid to say "please" and "thank you."

That's a really...odd thing to say. Society was a whole lot better when kids WERE taught to say please and thank you. As opposed to now, when the kids boss the parents around.

But what REALLY alarms me is the Steelers QB room as well as the entire '22 QB draft class not being able to get pregnant, especially when modern science now says men can. No wonder the birth rate is at a historic low Shocked Hopefully they all solved their fertility issues.

Wink Razz

Also, I loved the comments mocking the article for having the name "Kenny Pickens" in the header (which I somehow missed) and also "DeWayne Haskins"  In fact that's the REAL Steelers gaffe right there--asking Trubisky to text a QB whose name they couldn't even be bothered to get right so that his text would've just disappeared into nothingness Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

But serously, this is like people being told to train a new employee to do their job so they can then be fired immediately afterwards.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:23 pm

The writing should have been on the wall for Trubisky when he signed a two-year, $14.3 million contract.  That is not starter's money.  LOL

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down