The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phillips Injury

+2
finfanatic
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Phillips Injury Empty Phillips Injury

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:19 pm

According to McDaniel, Rodgers has reached out to Phillips about maybe undergoing the same procedure he did that's apparently going to enable him to come back in 3 weeks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38976832/dolphins-jaelan-phillips-suffers-season-ending-torn-achilles

McDaniel said he heard Rodgers was trying to contact Phillips and said it was "important to talk to the guys that have been through similar situations," although he did not know whether anything tangible had developed between Phillips and Rodgers.

The four-time MVP has said he plans to return to practice in early December -- well ahead of the normal recovery time for a torn Achilles.

"Yeah, hopefully they're on 'The [Pat] McAfee Show' this week talking Achilles," McDaniel said. "I do know there was some information distributed in the periphery, because there was a lot of stuff going on. I don't know him personally but I've heard great things about Aaron Rodgers and the type of human being he is.

"I think he was working some channels to get in touch with Jaelan as of last night through a couple of people that have some relationships with him. He's a smart guy that is not afraid to chase the most exotic science."

IMO the NFL cannot be taken seriously when it constantly claims to care about player safety when it allows teams in 2023 to have field surfaces like this. I thought artificial turf was supposed to be a thing of the past at least a decade ago scratch Maybe the damn Jets will get their shit together after it literally cost them their season.

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Phillips Injury Empty Re: Phillips Injury

Post by finfanatic Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:35 am

I will be shocked if Rodgers comes back, but from the pics they showed of the procedure it is a radical new approach to the normal achilles repair.

Maybe it will become a normal thing and allow players to recover from the injury quicker.

And I agree about that fake turf crap.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:28 am

Not used to seeing a Shot of an Injury happening and knowing instantly of what it is when we all saw the Snap.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:52 am

Rodgers is such an attention whore, it's sickening. I don't want him anywhere near any of our players with all his bullshit.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:11 pm

JMP wrote:Rodgers is such an attention whore, it's sickening.  I don't want him anywhere near any of our players with all his bullshit.

99% of the time I'd agree with you but if McDaniel's fine with it than so am I. THIS time.

Also, as increasingly annoying as he continues to get, Rodgers did take a public stand against the jab when literally almost nobody else of his public stature was willing to. He does have a point, science is supposed to be about helping and improving people's lives. Up until this century it used to be but somewhere in the last 20 years science and technology lost the plot, went sideways and became a weaponized tool of oppression. If Phillips has the option to use the same method that (apparently) will enable Rodgers to return in record time, why NOT do it?

Also, the NFLPA needs to start an SJW campaign against this turf and make themselves useful for once. If they can't put pressure on the league about a type of field that's literally putting their own careers at risk then what good are they? Then again one thing I've noticed about SJW types is that they literally never protest and speak out about anything that actually NEEDS changing. Strange how that works scratch

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:30 pm

Phillips injury is unfortunate. Injuries is unfortunate. The injury bug is unbiased and stealthy. Given that, the most absolute thing I know is that if you play long and hard enough you are even “MORE” susceptible to injury. It doesn’t matter what surface you play on. This is a violent sport. And things happen. My best friend in high school tore his Achilles backpedaling after making two free throws. Do we need softer basketball courts?
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:13 pm

Good points, Umix, but the turf in that stadium is well-known throughout the league as garbage. Seems like there are non-contact injuries occurring on that field all the time. Players constantly complain about it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:17 pm

I just hate it that Phillips' season is over. Dude has been bringing it and improving each year since he was picked. The kind of person you would root for even if he wasn't on your favorite team.

That said, this ain't over. After seeing the Texas Rangers win it all this year (a miracle in itself if you've followed them for 45+ years like I have) after all the injuries they had to deal with, don't tell me the Fins can't still pull this off.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:19 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I just hate it that Phillips' season is over.  Dude has been bringing it and improving each year since he was picked.  The kind of person you would root for even if he wasn't on your favorite team.

That said, this ain't over.  After seeing the Texas Rangers win it all this year (a miracle in itself if you've followed them for 45+ years like I have) after all the injuries they had to deal with, don't tell me the Fins can't still pull this off.

Even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, am starting to believe. A little. Which probably means a 5-game losing streak is upcoming affraid

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:36 am

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-lb-jaelan-phillips-surgery-injury-update/

“Surgery was a success!! Day 1 of many 🙏🏾 I’m built for this,” Phillips wrote on Twitter.

Up next? A challenging rehabilitation that could take anywhere between six months to a year.

That timeline means it’s possible that Phillips will be ready for Week 1 of the 2024 season, but that’s no sure bet — particularly given how cautious the Dolphins’ medical staff is with injuries.

“Rate of [return to play] following primary Achilles tendon tears may be lower than previously published,” per a Brown University study. “However, for those able to return, performance only in the season immediately following injury appears to be affected; players return to preinjury levels if given the opportunity to play >1 season after injury.”

Phillips is determined to beat any odds he faces. In the aftermath of his injury, he told Hard Knocks the following:

“When this is all said and done, this is going to make me a stronger person because of it. I’m just trying to keep that positive mindset and start to attack rehab. Yeah, it’s going to be a long process, but I just know I’m a fighter. I’m going to keep fighting.”

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down