The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on game 12: Ravens at Dolphins

+3
mercury22nathan
Degarmo
JMP
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thoughts on game 12: Ravens at Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on game 12: Ravens at Dolphins

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:56 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Firing him and hiring Mangini?  I'm finding a new team to follow or just not watching the NFL anymore period.

I hope you at least stick around here. I managed to do it Cool I've said for a while that I'm far more loyal to you guys than this team. And you know I'm telling the truth because I got thrown off a message board for it.

I've also suspected for a while that this goes far beyond mere incompetence and is actually a devious, dastardly plot to ruin the Fins from within by Jet fans. It would be like a group of us taking over the ownership and front office of the Jets. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this in my life, not in sports anyway. Am I really supposed to believe it's just one really big coincidence that a bunch of ex-Jets employees are being hired by a guy who lives in NYC, and that number keeps growing?

Then again considering THIS team was actually the beneficiary of bad calls for possibly the first time this century it might actually BE sheer stupidity. I don't know how to account for that scratch

And then you throw in Omar Freaking Kelly actually making a good point and now I'm expecting a complete and immediate paradigm shift for the entire human race! As opposed to the eventual one I've been expecting for years.

The bottom line isn't that there's been too much change, but that like all of society there's not ENOUGH of it. The philosophy (there's that word again Cool) across the board in every aspect of life is currently to make as many superfluous changes as possible to present the illusion of improvement while steadfastly, utterly, absolutely refusing to change anything that actually WOULD result in improvement. Addressing crime, corruption, and the historic gap between the uber rich and everyone else? Nah, let's just give the people another smartphone upgrade and call it revolutionary progress Rolling Eyes

Hey, anger-fueled rants work for Degarmo, stream of consciousness rants work for me. Different strokes and all that Smile

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on game 12: Ravens at Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on game 12: Ravens at Dolphins

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot this.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:make as many superfluous changes as possible to present the illusion of improvement while steadfastly, utterly, absolutely refusing to change anything that actually WOULD result in improvement

And that, in a nutshell, is the Miami Dolphins business plan. If that statement isn't hanging on the wall in Ross's office, it should be.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:37 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
HalCHorn wrote:Firing him and hiring Mangini?  I'm finding a new team to follow or just not watching the NFL anymore period.

I hope you at least stick around here. I managed to do it Cool I've said for a while that I'm far more loyal to you guys than this team. And you know I'm telling the truth because I got thrown off a message board for it.

Oh, I doubt if I'd give up the message board. I'd just watch my old TV shows and movies that I review for the Horn Section instead of the games on Sundays. Smile

My preference for next year's coach, just for the Hell of it:
1) Campbell
2) Hue Jackson
3) Mike Shula, Teryl Austin (virtual tie)

further down the list:
1,000,000) Dave Wannstedt
1,000,001) Rich Kotite
1,000,002) Cam Cameron
and still further down

6,999,999,999) Eric Mangini

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:11 pm

YOU PICKED CAM CAMERON OVER ERIC MANGINI WHAT THE HELL

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Same list as Hal, except add one more coach a numbered slot above Mangini. Nick Saban.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Hey, Saban could always coach. Who else would've dragged that '05 team kicking and screaming to a winning record. Only the second winning record of the last 11 years BTW. He just sucked at pretty much every other aspect of the job. Just you watch, he'll resign from Alabama and get hired by another NFL team in a month or so.

At this point Ross might as well just keep Campbell, because he won't be getting anyone else better. Not with Tannenbaum lurking around. Even Hue Jackson is a pipe dream at this point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:12 am

DF 316 wrote:Even Hue Jackson is a pipe dream at this point.

If that doesn't sum up in one short sentence the state of our once-proud franchise, then I don't know what does. We're praying to hire a coach that was fired in Oakland after one season of going 8-8. Ok, now I'm really depressed.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:02 pm

On the bright side, Wanny, Cameron, and Sparano are all available.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Sparano actually gained some more experience as interim HC in Oakland.

Hell, at this point he would be preferable to some of the candidates under serious consideration for the job (Todd Haley being just one of them).
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2