The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area

+3
JMP
Degarmo
JEGnj
7 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area Empty Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area

Post by JEGnj Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:17 pm

The attitude around here from media and NFL fans are the Jets kicked their ass twice and the Giants are in bad shape and lucky to beat a horrible no talent team.
Yeah real proud to be a Fin's Fan here today.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area Empty Re: Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Yeah, they're right too. Sorry you've got to deal with those jackholes because of Ross and his fucktard squad, bud.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area Empty Re: Miami Dolphins are a joke in the tri-state area

Post by JMP Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 am

Of course we're a joke in these parts...we are 0-5 this season against teams from NY/NJ - and 4 of those 5 games were blowouts. For people that don't get to see the Dolphins often, all they see is a team that can't compete.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:06 am

don't worry, it's not just in the tri-state area...the Phins are a joke all over the country.

even here in the Wash-Balt metro (both of which the Phins beat), the Dolphins are continually referenced as the model franchise for what you don't want your team to become. the Phins are what the Bengals and Lions used to be. when Dan Snyder's team laughs at you for being the offseason big splash team (Albert, Wallace, Suh...) with nothing to show for it on the field, then you have a problem.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:32 am

One of my favorite sports books, Mike Shropshire's Seasons in Hell, is about his years covering the Texas Rangers, 1973 being the worst (and still the worst team in the franchise's history at 57-105).   During a road trip, they had just gotten their asses kicked by the Yankees, and according to Shropshire some 7 year old kid managed to get on the team bus before it left and started doing a song and dance routine in front of all the players for about 40 seconds before the driver ejected him: "Ran-jahs suck!  Ran-jahs f**k!  Ran-jahs eat sh*t!!"

Manager Whitey Herzog said afterwards, "Hell, the kid's right."

That's what I would have to say to anyone who said something similar about the Dolphins.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:08 am

That's great story, Hal.

Herzog's statement fits with a quote I read from Dan Campbell this morning:

"I've been here six years and nothing has gone the way that we wanted it to be.

"Every year we come in with new hope and, there again, we're going to have another season where we have a playoff drought."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-giants-folo-1216-20151215-story.html

If nothing else, at least the Phins finally have a coach that knows what's going on. Dan Campbell may not get the job, but at least he's not blind to the state of the team.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:13 am

mercury22nathan wrote:

even here in the Wash-Balt metro (both of which the Phins beat), the Dolphins are continually referenced as the model franchise for what you don't want your team to become.  the Phins are what the Bengals and Lions used to be.

Hey Merc, I did not know you lived there. Hypo from the other board is in MD. I live in Crofton, Md. Whereabouts you at?

scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:32 am

i'm in the Rockville, MoCo area.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:17 pm

JMP wrote:That's great story, Hal.

Herzog's statement fits with a quote I read from Dan Campbell this morning:

"I've been here six years and nothing has gone the way that we wanted it to be.

"Every year we come in with new hope and, there again, we're going to have another season where we have a playoff drought."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-giants-folo-1216-20151215-story.html

If nothing else, at least the Phins finally have a coach that knows what's going on.  Dan Campbell may not get the job, but at least he's not blind to the state of the team.  

It starting to seem more and more to me like Campbell is the one eyed man in the land of the blind. It must be absolutely KILLING him inside to know what a dumpster fire this organization is and not be able to do anything about it or even come close. He's getting sabotaged both from above (front office and Ross) and below (players). If I were him I wouldn't WANT to be hired for next season. He might just be one of those idealists though who thinks they can triumph over any situation, no matter how absurdly hopeless, if they just try hard enough.

It take a special kind of incompetence to miss the playoffs 12 straight seasons or more. Only 12 teams have managed it in the last 50 years. Yet, if not for that fluky gift of a season in '08, the Fins would be sitting on a 14-year streak of no playoffs, with no chance of any change any time soon. (The record is 20 BTW, set by the Saints.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down