The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake

4 posters

Go down

What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake Empty What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:59 pm

James Walker wrote:The Miami Dolphins finally made the decision to give the transition tag to starting defensive end and sacks leader Olivier Vernon on Tuesday. It was the first of several dominoes that had to fall as the team prepares for free agency.

Here are three things that should be next on Miami’s docket:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/79809/whats-next-for-dolphins-addressing-contracts-of-ndamukong-suh-cam-wake

rightchea

Back to top Go down

What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake Empty Re: What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake

Post by JMP Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:09 pm

I really wish they would just leave Suh alone...take the big cap hit now and don't add more money to future years.  Suh's cap hit is already astronomical in future years...why make it even worse?  It was a bad contract, so now just live with it instead of making it worse.

As for Wake, same thing - if they're not going to cut him, just take the big cap hit now and don't push money into the future for a guy that's already 34 and coming off an injury.

But of course, Tannenabum wants to spend more money on overrated free agents, so gotta have that cap space now!  No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake Empty Re: What's next for Dolphins? Addressing contracts of Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake

Post by Birdmond Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:33 am

JMP wrote:I really wish they would just leave Suh alone...take the big cap hit now and don't add more money to future years.  Suh's cap hit is already astronomical in future years...why make it even worse?  It was a bad contract, so now just live with it instead of making it worse.

As for Wake, same thing - if they're not going to cut him, just take the big cap hit now and don't push money into the future for a guy that's already 34 and coming off an injury.

But of course, Tannenabum wants to spend more money on overrated free agents, so gotta have that cap space now!  No

I agree. I would actually do the opposite. I'd pay him the bulk of his guaranteed money this year. But then again, my scorched earth policy is wildly unpopular amongst Dolphin fans.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:30 am

Birdmond wrote:I agree. I would actually do the opposite.  I'd pay him the bulk of his guaranteed money this year.   But then again, my scorched earth policy is wildly unpopular amongst Dolphin fans.

Not this one!!! cheers cheers cheers

It's the exact same thing I used to do when I took over a bad team in Madden--purge the roster as much as possible as quickly as possible. And it always worked Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down