The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiko and Maxwell trade

5 posters

Go down

Kiko and Maxwell trade Empty Kiko and Maxwell trade

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:45 am

Sounds like the trade is placed on hold due to Maxwell's shoulder injury. The trade may need to be re-negotiated or cancelled. Now that we crapped on Grimes and Maxwell may not happen the Dolphins need to find two starting corners

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Kiko and Maxwell trade Empty Re: Kiko and Maxwell trade

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:54 am

Uh oh...latest news is that the trade is back on!  Phins are apparently OK with Maxwell's shoulder.  Teams will swap first rounders...no other picks involved.  I am not a fan.  Sad

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 am

I just read Maxwell told the Eagles he was fine and told the Dolphins he was injured.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:38 am

Here is rotoworld's opinion on the trade:

rotoworld wrote:The deal was agreed upon Monday, but there was a hang-up Wednesday morning when the Dolphins were reviewing Maxwell's physical. He suffered a sprained SC joint in his shoulder Week 15 and missed the final two games. Maxwell allegedly told the physician that he still can't bench press or do a push-up, but the Dolphins laughably have still signed off on the deal. Eagles "GM" Howie Roseman has pulled off a heist, moving up five spots in the first round AND getting the Dolphins to take Maxwell's albatross six-year, $63 million contract.

Ugh.  No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:48 am

The more the Dolphins change the more they remain the same. Inept is to inept to describe how inept Miami's front office is!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am

Rumor has it that the DeMarco Murray trade involves the Eagles and Titans swapping 4th round picks...yet we're swapping 1st rounders for a mediocre injured corner and an injury-prone LB that hasn't done anything since 2013.  Thanks, Tannenbaum.  Evil or Very Mad 

We're missing out on what could be an elite draft pick for two players that may not even be Dolphins in 2017!  Horrible.  All I know is, if Bosa falls to 8 - which is possible - I will be extremely pissed off.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:55 am

Love this article by the Herald. Look at the tight coverage we can expect from Maxwell in the picture!
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article64946477.html

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:00 pm

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:02 pm

There was a Rumor going around that the Fins were getting a 4th rd pick also in the Deal, I saw that on Monday, I guess at 4:00 we will know the truth and than not like it at all.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Why couldn't these doctors had been on the Team when we looked at Brees. LOL

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:10 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Love this article by the Herald. Look at the tight coverage we can expect from Maxwell in the picture!
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article64946477.html

You think that's bad, watch this clip of Maxwell trying to tackle a TE:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000606017/Darren-Fells-takes-Byron-Maxwell-for-a-ride

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm

My guess is the Dolphins fell in love with Maxwell when Matthews had that 70 yard gain against him when we played this year. He will fit right in with Thomas.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm

I Personally hope that Maxwell Plays Great In Miami, I saw him Play in High School and Him, Robert Quinn & Carlos Dunlap played at the same High School here in Charleston SC, They do a Football camp here every Year and they Help in Local Area, So from that Standpoint I hope He plays Great. Time will tell.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:55 pm

I hope he brings the legion of boom instead of the legion of bust to Florida

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Well, I was EXPECTING the Phins to do some asinine free agent stuff, which seems to be Tannenbaum's forte, but this is so much more horrible than even I was expecting!!!

You got a failed CB with a ginormous contract who is injured, a LB that had one good rookie season and gets injured lots, and you have to move down in the 1st round to do it?

Does this pass the smell test I ask? This seems like more of the brain-addled dumbassery we would expect if Dave the Dumbstedt was still in charge of personnel!!!

Geeze A LOO!

Someone should get to Steve "The Big Boob" Ross and clue him in that after spending more money on free agents than any other team the last few years, the Phins have diddly poop to show for it.

Perhaps, a new method should be attempted rather than stick with what is OBVIOUSLY an epic fail?

Or I guess, if you need a good tax write off, spending money to make the team worse is good business. Spend lots of money for a sh1tty product on the field and the ticket sales go down. You lose money all around and get a nice tax write off.

That makes more sense than thinking they are doing this to make the team better IMO.

I was expecting bad, but this is more bad than I was expecting.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Agreed, FF.  And here's what really kills me about the trade: the Eagles were absolutely DESPERATE to unload Maxwell and Alonso...they absolutely NEEDED to dump that ludicrous Maxwell contract.  The Dolphins had them over a barrel.  There's no way the words "first round pick" should have even been uttered in that negotiation.  And yet, this is the best the Dolphins could do.  Funny how the Titans only had to swap 4th rounders to get DeMarco Maurray, who despite a bad 2015 season is twice the player that Maxwell and Alonso are.

I'm sure the Eagles (and the rest of the league) are still shocked that they were able to dump not one but two pieces of dead wood from their roster AND move to #8 in the draft at the same time.  This is one of the more one-sided trades I've seen in the last couple of years.  To find a worse trade, I think I'd have to go back to 2004 when the Dolphins traded a 2nd to the Eagles for AJ Feeley AND traded a 3rd to the Rams for Lamar Gordon.

And before anyone says "Wait! We got two starters in this deal!", I'll just say that the quality of those two starters is seriously lacking.  I think we downgraded...Maxwell is not as good as Grimes (yet he's just as expensive), and I personally don't think the 2016 version of Alonso is as good as Sheppard.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:45 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/11/howie-roseman-goal-of-eagles-deals-was-to-get-into-top-10-of-draft/

“I think we were fortunate at the combine because our suites were two doors down,” Roseman said, via Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News. “We’d kind of talk about positions of need and what we were looking to do. Some positions they were looking for in free agency, that they were concerned whether they’d be able to find, we felt like we had some depth there, and over the course of time, it worked out.

so had the Phins been a few doors farther away, this might not have happened? how much you want to bet that teams will be fighting over who gets to sit next to the Phins at next year's combine - and be the one to get to take them to the cleaners on a trade deal?

Eagles executive Howie Roseman said the binge-and-purge of the team’s roster in recent days was more about getting into the top 10 of this year’s draft.

so clearly the Eagles recognize the impact value of the top 10 in this year's draft, why can't the Phins?

if only Miami had sat tight, i truly suspect both players would've been cut and could have been had for nothing.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:20 am

mercury22nathan wrote:so clearly the Eagles recognize the impact value of the top 10 in this year's draft, why can't the Phins?

if only Miami had sat tight, i truly suspect both players would've been cut and could have been had for nothing.

Yep, I don't know why the Phins were in such a hurry to get this deal done.  I agree that both players would have eventually gotten cut - or traded for much lower compensation.

And like FF said, this seems like a repeat of JJ trading down in the first before the draft.  That time we missed out on Randy Moss...who will we miss this time?  Maybe Bosa or Jack.  That would suck.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down