The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today

+5
Degarmo
DolFan 316
Birdmond
finskev
JMP
9 posters

Go down

Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today Empty Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Broken thumb - not sure if he'll play against the Cardinals.

As much as I've been critical of Alonso, he is CLEARLY our only decent LB.  Facing the Cards and David Johnson without him is, to put it mildly, not good.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today Empty Re: Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today

Post by finskev Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm

I Think we are #32 at the Lb Position and it isn't even close, The Browns Lb's look like All-Pro's compared to the ones we Have

finskev

Back to top Go down

Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today Empty Re: Kiko Alonso had thumb surgery today

Post by Birdmond Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

This is soooooo annoying. Actially just play big nickel the rest of the year. It can't get any worse.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 pm

I have to say I just love how we keep finding out literally every week that at least one Fins player is injured even though nobody actually sees these guys get hurt when they watch the games Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:18 pm

I saw Alonso and Lippett leave the game. On TV, they mentioned both hand and ankle for Alonso, and concussion for Lippett. I assumed both players were out for the game, but before I knew it they were both back on the field. So who knows what the hell happened.

Because Dolphins, we'll probably hear nothing about Alonso the rest of the week, and then find out next week that he has to have his arm amputated. No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:56 pm

I thought Mike Hull looked pretty good. Let Kiko sit.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:03 pm

I think Hewitt, Paysinger and Hull are all semi-decent run defenders...not great, but at least somewhat solid.  But, I think all three are terrible in pass coverage - and that's why teams will continue to exploit the middle of this defense in the passing game.  We're also weak at safety, so that makes the problem even worse.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:58 am

The only way to counteract this weakness is to bring strong pressure. If they can't cover, blitz, a lot.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:33 am

Degarmo wrote:The only way to counteract this weakness is to bring strong pressure.  If they can't cover, blitz, a lot.

Yep, that's always been my philosophy. If you can't cover anyone, you might as well blitz and try to make the QB uncomfortable.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:14 am

Paysinger is horrible and don't expect him to be with Miami next year. There is no defending what happened last game. Miami definitely need to look into some LB for the next draft.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:18 am

Paysinger is very good on STs and he can play the run.  But yeah...horrible in coverage. 

Joseph has to make adjustments on D...maybe bring in more DBs in coverage and limit what the LBs are asked to do.  That may hurt your run support, but something's gotta give - can't keep getting carved up in the passing game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:18 pm

I agree with, I think it was Bird, who said maybe just go ahead and play big nickel.

I'd blitz the shit out of the guys who can't cover, particularly against the Cards. Palmer is a turnover machine when you start getting pressure on him.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:47 am

This team has always had good/great LBs and fan favorites. Since Zach left it's been reach picks or FA busts. It's time to draft the next 10 year LB and D leader.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:26 am

Dansby was a damn good MLB, but Philbin hated anyone with leadership ability.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am

Dansby was good in Miami, but rarely made any big, game-changing plays for the Phins.  Which is strange, because he was a big-time playmaker both before and after he was a Dolphin.

But yeah, it's time to stop throwing garbage at the LB position and actually use some draft picks for a change.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:51 am

Which is strange, because he was a big-time playmaker both before and after he was a Dolphin.

Coyle was probably one reason but that only explains his 3rd year in Miami. It is puzzling.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Dansby was quite frequently misused here.  He still played well.

I know we all lived through it, but if you take a step back and look at our coaches through the lens of history, they sucked terribly.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Hull is probably the best backup that Miami has at LB at the moment. He did well yesterday covering for Alonso. IMO, he was a good steal in the draft.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Eh, I wasn't overly impressed with Hull.  The INT was a big play, but IMO it was more a case of Hull being in the right place at the right time more than him making a great play.  I thought he looked weak against the run and mediocre against the pass, but fortunately the Cardinals didn't try to attack the middle of the field and hardly used Johnson at all as a receiver.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:24 pm

The hamstring kept Alonso out of practice last week, and he was a late scratch Sunday against the Cardinals. The treatment has been going well, and he said this morning he intends to play Saturday at the Jets.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/12/12/miami-dolphins-lb-kiko-alonso-plans-to-play-vs-jets/

its early in the week, but this sounds hopeful.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Nice.  It will be good to have Alonso back.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:20 pm

rightchea wrote:Hull is probably the best backup that Miami has at LB at the moment. He did well yesterday covering for Alonso. IMO, he was a good steal in the draft.

He might have been, if he had actually been drafted Razz Laughing

You know ah lerv you, mang Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down