The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus

+2
Birdmond
JMP
6 posters

Go down

New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus Empty New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Phins sign Isa Abdul-Quddus, former Lion, to a 3-year deal worth $12.75M.  So, he's getting starter's money.

Supposedly better in run support than pass coverage.  Nice size at 6'1", 200 lbs.  He's been mostly a backup in his 5 year career, but has started 16 games (including 8 last season).

I don't know much about him, but sounds pretty "meh" to me...

http://phinphanatic.com/2016/03/09/dolphins-sign-a-safety-in-free-agency/

Why the Dolphins are spending $12 million on a safety with a career total of 165 tackles and two interceptions is beyond me but hey, it’s the Dolphins. I would tell you more but apparently there isn’t much to tell.

My thoughts exactly!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus Empty Re: New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Encouraging post on rotoworld about Abdul-Quddus:

rotoworld wrote:Abdul-Quddus actually stepped in nicely as an eight-game starter for the Lions last season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 overall safety from Week 10 on after replacing SS James Ihedigbo in the starting lineup. It's a good get for Miami, as at the very least, Abdul-Quddus will be an asset on special teams. He'll get the first crack at the starting gig next to SS Reshad Jones.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus Empty Re: New starting safety signed: Isa Abdul-Quddus

Post by Birdmond Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Dude can run like the wind. Not a bad signing at all. B+

Now for the love of God, get me a guard.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Birdmond wrote:Dude can run like the wind. Not a bad signing at all. B+

Now for the love of God, get me a guard.

Or two

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm wondering what kind of ball skills Abdul-Quddus has...he hasn't intercepted a pass since 2012. I was hoping to see the Phins add a playmaker at safety.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:06 am

JMP wrote:Encouraging post on rotoworld about Abdul-Quddus:

rotoworld wrote:Abdul-Quddus actually stepped in nicely as an eight-game starter for the Lions last season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 overall safety from Week 10 on after replacing SS James Ihedigbo in the starting lineup. It's a good get for Miami, as at the very least, Abdul-Quddus will be an asset on special teams. He'll get the first crack at the starting gig next to SS Reshad Jones.

Oh NOW Jmp decides to start taking the PFF ratings seriously Laughing Razz

Any port in a storm I guess...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 am

Don't misread...I am not taking PFF seriously. I think their rankings are a joke, and this is another example (like Vernon being the #1 DE in the NFL - ha!) But as I said, it is at least encouraging that someone thinks Abdul-Quddus is decent.

Personally, I think the Phins just paid a lot of money for a career backup and a good STs player, and they are banking on him being a starter at free safety without seeing a long-term body of work. This is yet another move that could easily backfire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:26 pm

What do we think of Eric Weddle he is still out and at 31 He said that he has 3-4 Good years Left.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:13 pm

I love Eric Weddle...been a fan of his for a long time.  Old school safety.  But, the Phins don't have a place for him now...already have two starting safeties in Jones and Abdul-Quddus.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Guards Schmards!!!

When you have a powerhouse behemoth like Dallas Thomas inside, you don't need no nother stinkin' Guards!!!

Rolling Eyes

I knew last season when they took a DT in the 2nd the Phins were doomed to horrendous suckitude at Guard...unless one of the rookies or undrafted free agents turned out to be a super surprise!! I think it will be the same this year.

Another 4th or 5th rounder and they try to get by with the shinola they have now.

Really, anyone who can look at Dallas Thomas' body of work and think he is a starter is off his NFL rocker....maybe even does not HAVE an NFL rocker!!!

Not a whole lot of confidence inspired by the Phins current "braintrust" let me tell you.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down