The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot

5 posters

Go down

Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot Empty Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:13 pm

The Cleveland Browns are trading the No. 2 pick in this year's NFL draft to the Philadelphia Eagles for five selections over the next two years.

The Browns get the 2016 first-round pick (No. 8 overall), the Eagles' third-round and fourth-round picks in 2016. They also get the Eagles' 2017 first-round pick and the Eagles' 2018 second-rounder.

The Eagles will get the Browns' 2016 first-round pick (no. 2 overall) and a conditional fourth-round pick from the the Browns in the 2017 draft.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15280364/cleveland-browns-trade-no-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot Empty Re: Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot

Post by JMP Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Damn!  A lot of craziness at the top of the draft!  Power moves by teams needing QBs.

Now if the Cowboys don't take Elliott, he may fall to the Phins at 13...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot Empty Re: Eagles trade with the Browns for No. 2 spot

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:57 pm

I assume this means Wentz and Goff will be the top 2 picks.

I wonder where Paxton Lynch ends up?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:44 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I assume this means Wentz and Goff will be the top 2 picks.

I wonder where Paxton Lynch ends up?

Hopefully with Cleveland at 8.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:46 pm

I am openly rooting for the Browns not to take Lynch. If they do, his NFL career is over before it even starts Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:08 pm

You know what this means, right?

If the QB the Iggles pick turns out to be the next franchise guy, it'll mean they used the Fins' original pick as part of the package to get him, and also that the Fins could have made the exact same trade, maybe even paying a little less because their draft position in every round was better.

In other words, it's actually in our best interest to hope the QB taken at #2 is a bust, or at least mediocre. Otherwise, this turns out to be perhaps the biggest draft day blunder the Fins have ever done, which would be saying something.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:31 am

DolFan 316 wrote:You know what this means, right?

If the QB the Iggles pick turns out to be the next franchise guy, it'll mean they used the Fins' original pick as part of the package to get him, and also that the Fins could have made the exact same trade, maybe even paying a little less because their draft position in every round was better.

In other words, it's actually in our best interest to hope the QB taken at #2 is a bust, or at least mediocre. Otherwise, this turns out to be perhaps the biggest draft day blunder the Fins have ever done, which would be saying something.

I hope the Browns draft Lynch at 8 and he becomes a HOF QB.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Watching a mock draft on ESPN right now, they have Lynch falling all the way to 29 and the Cards taking him. And I think that would be the absolute best-case scenario. If he's available that just makes SO much sense, and you know he'd be getting the coaching he needs as opposed to being stuck in a dumpster fire. Now I am officially rooting for this to happen. I remember another QB who fell and fell in the draft a few years back. Some guy named Aaron Rodgers. He's had a fairly okayish career Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:13 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Watching a mock draft on ESPN right now, they have Lynch falling all the way to 29 and the Cards taking him. And I think that would be the absolute best-case scenario. If he's available that just makes SO much sense, and you know he'd be getting the coaching he needs as opposed to being stuck in a dumpster fire. Now I am officially rooting for this to happen. I remember another QB who fell and fell in the draft a few years back. Some guy named Aaron Rodgers. He's had a fairly okayish career Cool

I don't see any way Lynch gets passed the Jets, but I think he's going top 10. I have him going to the Niners at 7, even though I keep hearing they have no interest...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:20 am

Yeah someone is going to panic and move up to get Lynch if San Fran doesn't take him.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down