The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas Thomas, still?

4 posters

Go down

Dallas Thomas, still? Empty Dallas Thomas, still?

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:19 am

because its slow...

i keep telling myself its only minicamp and starting is meaningless right now, but still - what they hell is this fascination with Dallas Thomas?!?!

Thomas has lined up ahead of Tunsil at left guard to open team drills in the first two days of the team’s mandatory mini-camp.

Thomas said Foerster [O-line coach] has “been real positive with me, telling me I’m doing a good job.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/06/wednesday-dolphins-minicamp-nuggets-rise-of-dallas-thomas-lineup-moves-moore-doubted-his-return-welk.html

and how did Thomas respond...

He was beaten by Earl Mitchell in Wednesday’s practice, forcing a Ryan Tannehill incompletion.

he was beaten by an under-performing Mitchell - while working out in shorts and a t-shirt!!!  it wasn't even real speed, real football!

i can only hope this is some ploy to motivate Tunsil and not an actual indication that yet another coaching staff views Thomas as a viable starter.

“You’ve got to earn your spot,” Gase said when asked if Tunsil will be a starter.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Dallas Thomas, still? Empty Re: Dallas Thomas, still?

Post by JMP Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:54 am

We have seemingly 100 guards on the current roster, and it's really hard to believe that Dallas Thomas is currently the best option at LG.  I know it's just minicamp and I get that they don't want to just hand Tunsil the job, but this is just absurd.  How many times does Thomas have to mess up before he gets cut?  Will it take an injury to Tannehill for the coaches to wake up?  I just don't get it.

New OL coach Chris Foerster has coached some terrible OLs the past few years, so maybe he doesn't know what a legit NFL guard should look like?  I don't know...it's early, but this does not give me a lot of hope for the coaching staff...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Oh dear lord...CHRIS FREAKING FOERSTER is the new O-line coach?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anybody else remember his stint as OC in '04? Where's the vomit icon when you need it?

Now everything makes sense--Foerster is a bad coach who has somehow gotten to stay employed in the NFL, so he sees Thomas as a kindred spirit. I'm serious. If Thomas actually starts this season over Tunsil without injury being involved, then this team deserves to go 0-16. Again, being serious.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Looking at Foerster's OLs the past few years, he has to be one of the worst OL coaches in the league. Amazing how some of these guys just keep getting jobs no matter how bad they are at it.

I made a post about Foerster's poor lines when he got hired...too lazy to find it now, but as I recall his lines have been statistically some of the league's worst over the past several years.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 am

Ugh
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down