The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki

+2
CarsonChris
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki Empty Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki

Post by JMP Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:47 pm

NBC SportsEdge wrote:Eagles signed Dallas Goedert to a four-year, $59 million contract extension.

The deal includes $35 million guaranteed. The extension, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, would make Goedert, 26, one of the three highest paid tight ends in the league. Goedert has taken on a full-time role in the run-heavy Philadelphia offense since the team dealt Zach Ertz to Arizona in October. From Week 7-9 -- before a concussion cut short his Week 10 playing time -- Goedert's pass routes spiked and he led the Eagles with a 29 percent target share. With this contract extension, the Eagles are committing to Goedert as a central part of their passing attack through the 2025 season.

Well, the bar has been set for Gesicki.  If the Dolphins want to keep Gesicki, these are the numbers they'll have to match or beat: 4 years for $59 million, with $35 million guaranteed.

DO IT.

Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki 01c93ca258ff82fd1b9b7e0cd40c6ade

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki Empty Re: Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki

Post by CarsonChris Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:57 pm

Why extend him when Long is on the roster waiting for his time?

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki Empty Re: Eagles extend Dallas Goedert - the bar has been set for Gesicki

Post by JMP Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:08 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Why extend him when Long is on the roster waiting for his time?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:44 pm

JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Why extend him when Long is on the roster waiting for his time?

Kids got to be special, we used a 2nd and third round pick to get him.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:17 pm

You all know my take on my favorite player. EXTEND HIM NOW.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:45 pm

CarsonChris wrote:
JMP wrote:

Kids got to be special, we used a 2nd and third round pick to get him.

Shocked

Thanks man... I had ALMOST forgotten that. Almost.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Who said from the beginning that Long was drafted to replace Gesicki and the decision had already been made?

Me, that's who. Not that my bashful, modest self ever loves taking credit for anything.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:33 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Who said from the beginning that Long was drafted to replace Gesicki and the decision had already been made?

Me, that's who. Not that my bashful, modest self ever loves taking credit for anything.

Considering that Long is the #4 TE on a team that uses 3 TEs and is inactive every week, your "prediction" doesn't appear to be coming true anytime soon! Razz

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:39 pm

It will if Grier's still around!

Seriously, if Grier's still here he'll let Gesicki walk using Long as justification. We're talking about a guy who actually thought Iggy was a first rounder Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:39 am

I agree Grier will fail to keep Gesicki because blocking.

Never mind he’s a helluva threat in the passing game. Those players grow on trees as our receiving corp proves without a doubt.

I hate this team.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down