The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gase is telling us to calm down

5 posters

Go down

Gase is telling us to calm down Empty Gase is telling us to calm down

Post by rightchea Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:20 am

Conor Orr wrote:"I know everybody is itching to fire everybody and bench everybody," Gase said, via The Miami Herald. "And I understand some people are concerned about every single little thing. When certain people have history, guys who have been here in the past, I know you form opinions. But I said this right from the start: Everybody has a fresh start with this crew.

"Our job is to evaluate what we see. Anything that happened in the past, it doesn't matter to me. It doesn't matter. So everybody is going to get a true evaluation. We'll make our final decision the first game of the season. That's what we're going to do. This is a process that we got to go through."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685355/article/gase-everyone-itching-to-fire-everyone-or-bench-everyone-calm-down

Is he saying this because he didn't play all the starters or is it because he still looking for a solution himself.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Gase is telling us to calm down Empty Re: Gase is telling us to calm down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 am

Getting defensive is a telltale sign that somone knows deep down inside he's in the wrong.

And lo and behold, Tunsil's with the first team today. Looks like Gase done gone and caved.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Gase clearly doesn't know the history of the Dolphins, and doesn't understand that fans' patience was destroyed many years ago.  I'm not interested in some glacial process that involves rewarding crappy players just because...I'm interested in seeing real solutions that will lead to a championship.  So far with Gase, I'm seeing more uncertainty than solutions.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Everybody's got a "process" these days, it's become the new buzzword for why everyone in charge constantly changes everything except what actually needs changing. And yet when it's all said and done somehow the "process" manages to leave the situation it was created for either the same or worse.

I have no idea why people are so afraid to just go ahead and fix what's broken, but it really has become a societal mindset.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:49 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Everybody's got a "process" these days, it's become the new buzzword for why everyone in charge constantly changes everything except what actually needs changing. And yet when it's all said and done somehow the "process" manages to leave the situation it was created for either the same or worse.

I have no idea why people are so afraid to just go ahead and fix what's broken, but it really has become a societal mindset.

So true...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Well, you can never place TOO MUCH emmm_faaa_sisss on things you see in the preseason, but you can take away from the overall picture certain traits or telltales of a systemic nature.

Such as: The starting lines for the Giants STRAIGHT OUT PUNKED the starting lines for the Dolphins. Not even close IMO. The Phins starting Oline put on as pathetic a display as any I have seen from them in years. Yeah, they have stunk for years, but that bad was a whole 'nother level of BAD IMHO.

These are BIG GUYS who are not Rookies who SHOULD be able to not look completely INEPT.

I suspect a bunch of it was the new scheme and all. Or at least I hope so.

But in any event, it was obvious, not a one of the starers for the Phins could match up physically with the Giants D Line. I mean, they made Vernon look like Charles Haley!!!

The other thing that I noticed. Doubty is the only QB on the Phins who has any concept of "touch" for the passing game IMO. Yeah, his arm is nowhere like great, but knowing when to zip one and when to loft one is something the Phins have been missing since Chad Pennington IMO.

All the starters were not out there for the Phins, and there is no need to panic (YET), but it was obvious the Giants looked like the much more physical team as far as starters went.

Besides, was anyone actually THINKING this Phins team was going to be GOOD.

If they go 6-10 I will be surprised.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 pm

finfanatic wrote:Well, you can never place TOO MUCH emmm_faaa_sisss on things you see in the preseason, but you can take away from the overall picture certain traits or telltales of a systemic nature.

Such as: The starting lines for the Giants STRAIGHT OUT PUNKED the starting lines for the Dolphins. Not even close IMO. The Phins starting Oline put on as pathetic a display as any I have seen from them in years. Yeah, they have stunk for years, but that bad was a whole 'nother level of BAD IMHO.

These are BIG GUYS who are not Rookies who SHOULD be able to not look completely INEPT.

I suspect a bunch of it was the new scheme and all. Or at least I hope so.

But in any event, it was obvious, not a one of the starers for the Phins could match up physically with the Giants D Line. I mean, they made Vernon look like Charles Haley!!!

The other thing that I noticed. Doubty is the only QB on the Phins who has any concept of "touch" for the passing game IMO. Yeah, his arm is nowhere like great, but knowing when to zip one and when to loft one is something the Phins have been missing since Chad Pennington IMO.

All the starters were not out there for the Phins, and there is no need to panic (YET), but it was obvious the Giants looked like the much more physical team as far as starters went.

Besides, was anyone actually THINKING this Phins team was going to be GOOD.  

If they go 6-10 I will be surprised.

It was truly depressing to see just how bad the Phins' offense was....and that's with only one starter (Parker) not playing!  Even more disturbing, the Gase scheme isn't all that different from the Lazor scheme, so it shouldn't be as big a learning curve as it apparently is.  Gase wants to run the ball and more and take more downfield shots than Lazor did, but on the surface it's the same type of up-tempo (ha!), zone-blocking, short passing game that we've seen the last couple of years.  There's no reason the veteran OL should be completely lost.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the physicality.  Once the defense has all it's starters, I think it will be a very physical unit.  But on offense, it still looks like the same soft finesse style we've had since Philbin first took over.  I think the Bills, Jets and other physical defenses like that will continue to manhandle the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:51 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Getting defensive is a telltale sign that somone knows deep down inside he's in the wrong.

And lo and behold, Tunsil's with the first team today. Looks like Gase done gone and caved.

Caved in or just the fact that Dallas Thomas looks horrible and Tunsil can't be worst

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Process:  coach speak to fool owners into believing they know what the hell they are doing.  Ever hear of film Gase?  Watch some of Thomas AND THEN CUT THE TUB OF GOO.  He is not a good guard or tackle, but he makes an outstanding bargaining tool for defensive linemen who are looking to pad their stats.

I have never seen such a big man get so easily moved in my life.  He could fall down at the snap and be more effective.  Improving from shitty to terrible does not constitute anything significant.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down