The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M

+3
Degarmo
DolFan 316
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M Empty Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M

Post by rightchea Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Boo they should have gotten him for more games than that but still. I guess this is better than expected....

Tim Daniels wrote:Tom Brady has been suspended four games by the NFL after the Wells Report (warning: contains profanity) reached a conclusion that the superstar quarterback was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" related to the Deflategate controversy. The New England Patriots were fined $1 million and will forfeit a first round pick in 2016 and a fourth round pick in 2017.

Continue for updates.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2458473-tom-brady-deflategate-latest-news-and-rumors-on-qbs-potential-punishment

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M Empty Re: Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Meh. Literally the absolute bare minimum Badell could've done. I'm surprised he didn't allow Brady to choose which games to sit out.

Just imagine all the ways the Pats have been cheating for 15 years in which they haven't been caught. You KNOW someone's a habitual cheater when they don't even need to do it and still feel the need.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M Empty Re: Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M

Post by Degarmo Mon May 11, 2015 6:50 pm

The other thing is, they've been caught a few times now. You don't get caught continually cheating and say "everyone does it". If that's the case, why haven't more teams been caught.

I wonder how Sean Payton feels about now that he got a year suspension because "ignorance is no excuse". Wouldn't the same apply to Bellichick? I'm surprised they got a penalty at all, and I expect an appeal, one that lasts all season long, and it will be resolved, when Tom retires at the end of the year.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon May 11, 2015 7:55 pm

This is just a way for Goodell to say I did something and no one can say anything about it. But I have heard that they are fighting the 4 game suspension which they will win and he will be suspended for just 1 game and a Quarter.. Laughing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 11, 2015 8:57 pm

I am actually very surprised Brady got 4 games...I thought it would be something like 1 game and a fine. The wording in the report just wasn't strong enough to me...

But, I think 316 is right - Brady will win the appeal and the suspension will be dropped to 1 or 2 games.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon May 11, 2015 9:30 pm

The first round pick and $1 million fine along with the suspension is fine with me. I think those will stand, though they might reduce the suspension to three games on appeal IMO.

The league might decide they want Brady back in time for that marquee fourth game against Dallas.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue May 12, 2015 12:34 am

The Deflateriots have a long history of cheating their way to the top. If the NFL wants to send a message they ban cheaters for life.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue May 12, 2015 9:56 am

That would be way too harsh and wouldn't hold up long term to a player that so many NFL excutives love. IMO, four games was probably the bare minimum that they were going to give him. But I do like the fact that the Pats were added into the equation.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Goodell showing some stones! Suspension upheld!

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:53 pm

I heard that several "influential" owners wanted it upheld and let it be known behind closed doors. So they're the ones you should really thank. Maybe the entire league is finally growing some stones and FINALLY tired of letting the Pats have their way all the time.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Armando bringing us the truth.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/07/tom-brady-destroyed-evidence-loses-appeal.html

Commissioner Roger Goodell released the findings minutes ago, along with a signed 20-page document that not only tells us Brady's suspension is upheld but offers indicting details that suggest Brady actively covered up attempts to get at the truth of whether he was directly or indirectly involved in tampering with footballs prior to the AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The following from Goodell:

"The most significant new information that emerged in connection with the appeal was evidence that on or about March 6, 2015 -- the very day that he was interviewed by Mr. [Ted] Wells and his investigative team -- Mr. Brady instructed his assistant to destroy the cellphone that he had been using since early November 2014, a period that included the AFC Championship Game and the initial weeks of the subsequent investigation. During the four months that it was in use, almost 10,000 text messages were sent or received by Mr. Brady using that cellphone. At the time that he arranged for its destruction Mr. Brady knew that Mr. Wells and his team had requested information from that cellphone in connection with their investigation. Despite repeated requests for that information, beginning in mid-February 2015 and continuing during his March, 6, 2015 interview by the investigators, information indicating that Mr. Brady might have destroyed his cellphone was not disclosed until months later, on June 18, 2015, and not confirmed until the day of the hearing itself."

Wow.

So Brady, knowing investigator Ted Wells wanted his cellphone, ordered that very cellphone destroyed. He testified at the appeals hearing that it is his habit to destroy cellphones after a certain period of time.

The texts in the destroyed cellphone, the NFL has been told, are not recoverable.

In light of this not only should the suspension have been upheld, it should've been INCREASED. And every single non-Pats fan should be morally obligated to root against them forever.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 pm

This should have been a year suspension.

He's basically flailing his dick at the NFL and the rules.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 pm

My personal opinion:

I don't say this very often, but....good job, Goodell. And those owners with integrity who made their feelings known.

Brady is a low-down, no good sidewinder who is lower than the belt buckle on a snake. Screw him.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm

As I said before, there is literally no precedent for an NFL team winning a title ten seasons after their previous one, let alone with the same coach and QB. Before last season, it literally was never done before.

That alone would've been enough to make me suspect something wasn't kosher. But now it's not a matter of if the Pats were cheating, it's a matter of to what degree. This and SpyGate are just what they've been caught doing. You'd literally have to be an idiot to think they haven't cheated in any other way all this time.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Well, here's the real deal.  Wink

Goodell ordered Brady to destroy the phone in the first place because there was information on it that would not only implicate Belichick but also Kraft.  In order to keep the black eye to a minimum, he tells Brady to destroy the phone and not mention it.  Then he lets him know that he will "take the fall" but Brady can just take the entire thing to federal court, tie it up for years, and not have to actually serve any game time as he will be retired before an actual resolution.  Therefore everyone gets what they want.  Goodell can look strong and not like he's actually Kraft's lapdog, Brady and Belichick get away with murder again and speculation can still run rampant, and then after Brady retires they can wrap it up when Brady and his attorneys just oddly decide to drop the case and let America's 2-minute attention span take its course.

There's a conspiracy theory for ya Very Happy

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:37 am

But how does that make Badell look strong? If anything, a player being able to tie up a suspension in court and thus for all intents and purposes nullify it completely would make Badell look even more pathetically ineffectual than he already does.

Plus the notion that this would be a favor to Kraft somehow is pretty much destroyed already. The favor would've been to just drop the whole thing or not suspend Brady at all to begin with. IMO this is the last straw as far as the Pats are concerned. Badell has finally realized that all his years of enabling them have been for naught, and the other owners for the most part have finally stopped going along with it.

Sorry Degarmo, but even *I'm* not buying that one, and I believe that the church shooting a few weeks back was a false flag operation (google it) orchestrated by the people in charge to perpetuate racial division even further.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:31 am

Tom Brady suspended four games Pats loss picks and $1M Gravity-falls-gnome-o GIFSoup

This is what I thik of Tom Brady and the bullshit that I am hearing.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:15 pm

I just love all of this. Just love it.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down