The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires

4 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires Empty BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires

Post by JMP Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/24/arian-foster-calls-it-quits/

Foster released a statement via the Twitter account of Uninterrupted, an athlete website owned by NBA star LeBron James.

“There comes a time in every athlete’s career when their ambition and their body are no longer on the same page,” Foster wrote. “I’ve reached that point. It’s hard to write those words because this game has been everything to me.”

Arian was one of my favorite NFL players for a couple of years. He was a helluva back in his prime - one of the best of his era. Sad to see him go. I wish he had been healthy enough to be a factor for the Phins. Best of luck to him moving forward.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Confirmed by Armando.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/10/arian-foster-announces-his-retirement-.html

My reaction is...meh. he should've retired before the season. Now it looks like he's pouting over seeing Ajayi run away (pun intended) with the starting job.

Good luck getting a job in the real world, anthem kneeler.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Arian Foster retires

Post by Degarmo Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 pm

He's never been the same physically since he turned Vegan. His body stopped being able to take the punishment. Do with that what you will.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:53 am

of course hindsight is 20/20, and while signing Foster to compete might not have been a mistake, just handing him the starting job clearly was a bad decision - especially now in light of how Ajayi has been playing. one could argue that they didn't know Foster was done and they didn't know that Ajayi would blossom - yet clearly Houston knew Foster was finished and the Phins seemed quite content with Ajayi from the point they let Miller go right up until they signed Foster. in any case, Foster is yet another example of when the wheels come off for a formerly great RB, they come off quick.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:07 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:of course hindsight is 20/20, and while signing Foster to compete might not have been a mistake, just handing him the starting job clearly was a bad decision - especially now in light of how Ajayi has been playing.  one could argue that they didn't know Foster was done and they didn't know that Ajayi would blossom - yet clearly Houston knew Foster was finished and the Phins seemed quite content with Ajayi from the point they let Miller go right up until they signed Foster.  in any case, Foster is yet another example of when the wheels come off for a formerly great RB, they come off quick.

Remember, this is the same coach who kept yammering on about "meritocracy" as he was starting Thomas ahead of Tunsil for all of camp and half the preseason.

Maybe one day Gase will learn how to properly evaluate talent, but right now my 10-year old nephew could do a better job of it.

I remain convinced the 1-4 start is due to the players not taking him seriously because of stuff like that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down