The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins vs Jets

+5
CarsonChris
Umix10
DolFan 316
JMP
JEGnj
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game Day Fins vs Jets - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day Fins vs Jets

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:49 am

Umix10 wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:If the Fins miss the playoffs it's definitely all Tannenbaum's fault and he must be treated accordingly.

I agree with you, but it's hard to discredit the man who pieced together a roster that has won more games than any other Dolphins team since 2008!.  I personally do not like Tannebaum at all but, this win assures that he will be around for another year at least.  I would much rather give the credit to the coaches and players on this team.

Since week 5 this team has gone 8-1!!!!!!  This team has been very resilient if you ask me.

It's clearly Gase's doing, he's dragging Tannebaum's no-talent, no depth roster kicking and screaming to a possible playoff spot. But another typical Tannenbaum offseason or two and even Gase won't be enough to keep this team from 5-6 wins.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:50 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Umix10 wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:If the Fins miss the playoffs it's definitely all Tannenbaum's fault and he must be treated accordingly.

I agree with you, but it's hard to discredit the man who pieced together a roster that has won more games than any other Dolphins team since 2008!.  I personally do not like Tannebaum at all but, this win assures that he will be around for another year at least.  I would much rather give the credit to the coaches and players on this team.

Since week 5 this team has gone 8-1!!!!!!  This team has been very resilient if you ask me.

It's clearly Gase's doing, he's dragging Tannebaum's no-talent, no depth roster kicking and screaming to a possible playoff spot. But another typical Tannenbaum offseason or two and even Gase won't be enough to keep this team from 5-6 wins.

I need examples of what Tanneballs did wrong and what you would have done instead. For example, not signing Miller and Vernon is looking really good as of now. Or Maxwell is the 15th rated CB and also the 15th highest paid. Bad deal? Draft? First two pick could be Pro Bowl caliber players. Sticking with Lippett? Lippett clearly is an emerging talent. i need more from the Tanneballs haters.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:21 am

Birdmond wrote:I need examples of what Tanneballs did wrong and what you would have done instead.  For example, not signing Miller and Vernon is looking really good as of now.  Or Maxwell is the 15th rated CB and also the 15th highest paid.  Bad deal?  Draft?  First two pick could be Pro Bowl caliber players.  Sticking with Lippett?  Lippett clearly is an emerging talent.  i need more from the Tanneballs haters.

Trading up for Caroo. What was it, three picks? That's a start...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:37 am

For this team to have 9 wins after losing Pouncey and Jones for the season and likely Tannehill for the rest of the season is pretty amazing.

Of course, it looks like it is lining up with a trip to Pittsburgh being the reward if we somehow manage to sneak into the playoffs, so it's likely another one and done since we had Tanny and Pouncey for that win against the Steelers at home, but still....no matter what happens, hard not to be impressed considering all the roster holes.

Of course, we also have to remember this: we played likely the NFL's three worst teams this year. The winless one took us to OT, the one with one win came within two yards of taking us to OT, and we needed a two touchdown comeback in the final six minutes to beat the third. There's definitely some holes on this roster.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Howard looked fantastic yesterday - clearly our best corner. Now, he just needs to stay healthy.

Props to Paysinger and Aikens for excellent special teams play.

That 60+ yard catch and run by Landry was a thing of beauty.

Ajayi is really struggling right now. The OL can't run block at all, but Jay needs to start breaking some tackles again.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:19 pm

I think Ajayi is getting tired so he can't break tackles like he was.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:56 am

finskev wrote:I think Ajayi is getting tired so he can't break tackles like he was.

Yep, sure looks like a differnt player.  He's not a rookie, but it seems like he's hit the equivalent of the "rookie wall".  And, let's face it, our entire interior OL is AWFUL at run blocking.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 am

One other game observation:

I think Vance Joseph has been pretty lame with calling blitzes this season.  Most of his blitzes are predictable and don't work.  But Saturday night, he was sending blitzers from everywhere and it was working.  Part of the success was due to facing Bryce Petty, a young, inexperienced, crappy QB.  But a big part of it was Joseph's creativity, disguising the blitzes and sending different players from different angles.  Hopefully this continues against the Bills, because it really adds a new dimension to the defense.  I'd be hesitant to blitz Brady, though...he gets the ball out too fast and he shreds blitzing defenses.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:10 pm

Joseph is who Kevin Coyle wants to be when he grows up Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:I need examples of what Tanneballs did wrong and what you would have done instead.  For example, not signing Miller and Vernon is looking really good as of now.  Or Maxwell is the 15th rated CB and also the 15th highest paid.  Bad deal?  Draft?  First two pick could be Pro Bowl caliber players.  Sticking with Lippett?  Lippett clearly is an emerging talent.  i need more from the Tanneballs haters.

Trading up for Caroo. What was it, three picks? That's a start...

When will all you learn? The same folks who said Landry, Lippett and Ajai were wasted picks hate the Caroo pick. Let it play out.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:58 pm

When did anyone ever say Landry was a wasted pick? Shocked scratch

You're trying too hard to prove your point.

Also, Tannenbaum needs to quit chasing injury-prone players like they're supermodels.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Trust me if Carroo gets his shot he will be a great player. He is the next man up.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2