The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gase calls out DeVante Parker again

4 posters

Go down

Gase calls out DeVante Parker again Empty Gase calls out DeVante Parker again

Post by JMP Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:39 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article136018108.html

“I think just consistency,” Dolphins coach Adam Gase said, when asked of what he expects from Parker this offseason. “That day in, day out, coming in the office at the right time, making sure that you’re doing every little detail right. It’s one of those things that some of us that have been around some really good players take for granted. He’s just got to understand everything he does is important. It’s a trust level with everyone in the building.”

Gase then gave a strikingly specific example of where Parker needs to improve.

“If you tell someone you’re going to be there at 11 o’clock to lift, be there,” Gase said. “Don’t call in and ‘Hey, I’m not going to show up today.’ He’s done a good job at the end of the season and what he’s been doing it sounds like so far is he’s doing good with just staying with his regimen. And that’s how he had some success last year.”

Parker had “three really good weeks in practice” last year, Gase said, and it was no coincidence that he had productive games those weeks. But it can’t be a once-in-a-while occurrence. Parker needs to comport himself that way all the time.

Wow, so Parker only had three "good" practices and was showing up late to meetings??? WTF is wrong with this guy??? Some guys just aren't cut out to be professional football players. There's still time for Parker to turn it around but the more I hear about him the more I just think he doesn't care about being a great player...he's just happy to slack off and collect a check.

Now I know why Gase wants to keep Stills so bad: he clearly doesn't trust Parker.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gase calls out DeVante Parker again Empty Re: Gase calls out DeVante Parker again

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:55 am

That a problem when you're so called #1 WR isn't doing what he need to do. Miami keeping Stills might be a priority

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Gase calls out DeVante Parker again Empty Re: Gase calls out DeVante Parker again

Post by white1 Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Totally agree it's not a lead pipe lock that Parker will be worth a huge contract in a few years. If Stills is worth it then pay him, too much can change between now and the expiration of Parker's deal.

Also, pay Landry. That dude is a physical beast that will never quit - exactly what we need on this team.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 pm

white1 wrote:Totally agree it's not a lead pipe lock that Parker will be worth a huge contract in a few years.

Right now I'm wondering if Parker will even be a Phin for the remainder of his contract. He was here before Gase, and if he keeps dogging it he could become trade bait at some point. Gase doesn't seem like the type of coach that will put up with a lazy player for long.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:22 am

“If you tell someone you’re going to be there at 11 o’clock to lift, be there,” Gase said. “Don’t call in and ‘Hey, I’m not going to show up today.’

WTF?! he does realize this is his JOB, right?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:46 pm

They're kids, and I believe this was the "old DeVante" Gase was describing. In a clarifying tweet from Armando, apparently he straightened out and finished the season on a strong note.

I stand by my post though. It's no certainty that Parker will be worth more than Stills once his rookie contract expires in a couple years.

IMO that's why you extend Stills now, and deal with how much cap space you're dedicating to receiver if and when that time comes. Too many options on how to deal with that. You could outright release one of them, or trade one of them outside the division.

The reverse scenario is far worse, in that you lose the deep threat and there is no one to take his place. Now we have yet ANOTHER roster problem to deal with.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:24 pm

I think that Gase probably threaten him for him to straighten out. IMO, Gase is good at getting players riled up

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 pm

white1 wrote:They're kids, and I believe this was the "old DeVante" Gase was describing.  In a clarifying tweet from Armando, apparently he straightened out and finished the season on a strong note.  

OK, but Parker really didn't end the season on a strong note. Other than the long TD against Buffalo in week 16, he was pretty much invisible the last 5 or 6 games of the season.

But yeah, the Dolphins have some very interesting decisions to make at receiver. I'm very curious to see what happens with Stills...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down