The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeVante Parker update

+5
white1
JEGnj
finfanatic
DolFan 316
JMP
9 posters

Go down

DeVante Parker update Empty DeVante Parker update

Post by JMP Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Just read that Parker could miss the first two games with his broken finger.

I don't even know what to say about him anymore. Completely unreliable.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

DeVante Parker update Empty Re: DeVante Parker update

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:21 am

It sure is a good thing they've got plenty of WR depth...oh wait, they decided to have four QBs instead, never mind.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

Well, I was AGAINST drafting Parker, so....

His foot, his finger, his ouchie-boo-boo this or that!!

Fragile WRs should not be drafted in the 1st round. Yatil Green anyone?

And they wouldn't pay Jarvis "Juice" Landry?

This front office/team braintrust sucks canal water through a straw....a plastic straw! Laughing Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:47 am

Our #1 & #2 are a knelling scumbag and injury prone bust yet my boy Carroo can't get a real shot.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:53 am

JEGnj wrote:Our #1 & #2 are a knelling scumbag and injury prone bust yet my boy Carroo can't get a real shot.

I think Carroo is on the practice squad, so that's something at least!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:55 pm

I was with you until "Carroo". Bust. x3
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:39 pm

I'm very surprised they chose Carroo and Ford over Owusu for the practice squad. That doesn't make any sense to me.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:43 pm

JMP wrote:
JEGnj wrote:Our #1 & #2 are a knelling scumbag and injury prone bust yet my boy Carroo can't get a real shot.

Can't get a shot. He's been around THREE years. Never could step up. AND they bring his sorry ass back on the PS?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:14 pm

scotgif wrote:
JMP wrote:

Can't get a shot. He's been around THREE years. Never could step up. AND they bring his sorry ass back on the PS?

Yeah, it does seem crazy. Hard to believe there's not a better developmental receiver out there.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:31 pm

JEGnj has Caroo, I have Paxton Lynch. All in all, he's still coming out ahead.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am

scotgif wrote:Can't get a shot. He's been around THREE years. Never could step up. AND they bring his sorry ass back on the PS?

exactly! he's had more than ample opportunity to "get a shot" but he has no one to blame but himself for his failure.

Receiver Leonte Carroo said being released, and then re-signed to the Dolphins’ practice squad, was “a humbling experience for me.”

Carroo, who has 10 catches for 98 yards in his first two seasons, said being bumped from the 53-man roster for the first time has taught him a valuable lesson.

“I said I will approach my work ethic differently and treat it more like a job,” Carroo said Wednesday. “I could have been a way better pro. I could have watched more film, been the first in the building. Kenny Stills is the greatest example of a pro. I feel bad I didn’t watch him enough and learn from him.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article217647680.html

oh, he's just now learned that lesson?!?! so the dude has been skating by all this time and now he decides to take his job seriously? sorry, Carroo had his chance and he blew it himself.

and if you want to know how bad he really is...

nobody traded for him and no team claimed him off waivers.

he was free to any team that wanted him and still not one of the other 31 teams saw fit to give him so much as a practice squad chance.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:01 am

Reading what Carroo said - essentially that he didn't work hard - I have to wonder why the Phins even added him to the practice squad. He sounds like a guy that's just collecting a check. I don't know why the Phins would still want him around if that's the case.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 am

I feel it's bad coaching. The kid was a beast in college and caught every ball thrown to him. I don't think he has the speed to match up in the NFL as a wideout but with his hands could be a great slot receiver. I loved Landry but they shipped him out of town. Stills is a knelling scumbag. Parker misses over half the games with injury. He didn't really have a great leadership corps.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am

I was never high on Carroo, but I still think he could be a decent red zone target because he has strong hands and he does seem to work well in traffic. The Dolphins never used him in that capacity, so we'll never know unless another team gives him a look. Either way, I think it's time to move on.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 pm

the only news I want to hear is that Miami traded him away.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm

JEGnj wrote:I feel it's bad coaching. The kid was a beast in college and caught every ball thrown to him. I don't think he has the speed to match up in the NFL as a wideout but with his hands could be a great slot receiver. I loved Landry but they shipped him out of town. Stills is a knelling scumbag. Parker misses over half the games with injury. He didn't really have a great leadership corps.

JEGnj, I know it's hard but you have to let it go. I've come to terms with Lynch being a bust, and if I can do it so can you. At the end of the day it's Caroo's failure, not yours. Nobody's judging you as a person because one player from the college team you root for didn't make it in the NFL. At least, not anyone here.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Well said. A bust is a bust. Best to move on and bring in someone else with potential.

No shame. Hell, there are many GMs that were fired simply because they couldn’t accept this kind of decision.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

So, yeah, Parker was a healthy scratch today. I wonder when we'll get to see him this season???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:49 pm

JMP wrote:So, yeah, Parker was a healthy scratch today.  I wonder when we'll get to see him this season???

At this point I actually wouldn't even be mad if Parker pulled a Vontae and retired at halftime of the next game.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:50 pm

let just hope that Josh Gordon becomes available

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:39 am

So, yeah, Parker was a healthy scratch today. I wonder when we'll get to see him this season???

Actually, I don't care.

Who do we sit if we activate him? Wilson was open by 4 yards deep down the field, Tanny overthrew him by maybe 2 yards or that's another deep strike TD. Grant is turning into the weapon the team was hoping for when they drafted him. Amendola has the sure hands when we need a clutch first town grab. Stills is one of our best route runners and defenses have to respect his deep speed, already on film for that 75 yard bomb last week.

Do we dress 5 wide receivers? Why? I'm fine with these four, would rather use the roster spot for a special teams ace or depth at another position.

At this point, I'd prefer we trade Parker for a couple rolls of tape. He's just not useful enough. Maybe the Browns would be interested? We already dealt with them in the Landry trade...

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:04 am

I'd love to have a big receiver in this offense...I think there's only so much you can do with the smurf crew. Unfortunately, while Parker has the size (and, in theory, the skillset), at this point I just don't think he has what it takes to be an NFL player.

Regardless of the speed these small receivers have, this offense has - once again - struggled to score points and Tannehill is relying almost entirely on short passes. A big receiver would really open things up for everyone. Hopefully Gesicki can help, but he clearly isn't ready yet.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:29 pm

I don't think Parker's trade value is worth the tape right now. I'd just keep him, let him know that his livelihood is on the line here in Miami and if he gives a shit, he'll produce. The 6th rounder that we'd receive back that we'd spend on a scrappy undersized slow guy from Apalachicola Technical Institute for the Athletically Challenged probably wouldn't pan out (so we'd have him for 6 years as a special teamer and 2nd string LB), so what are we really missing by using up all his "chances"?

I'm not currently a fan, but if he can get his shit sorted, he could be productive.

That's my ceiling for him now, productive.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down