The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start looking for new coach

5 posters

Go down

Start looking for new coach Empty Start looking for new coach

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 pm

It's starting to feel like Gase is done in Miami. I know he doesn't have Tannehill and that buys him another year. It's time to start compiling that wish list!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Start looking for new coach Empty Re: Start looking for new coach

Post by JMP Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Yep. He is clueless...completely lost and in over his head. No answers. He's supposed to be an offensive genius, but his offense sucks ass. If you can't score against the Jets and Saints, who can you score against? Fuck Gase...I'm so done with him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:37 pm

This team is NEVER going to win with Ross as the owner. Everything he does with football turns to shit. Why would you hand the keys to the franchise to Tannenbaum - who ran the Jets into the ground and literally couldn't get ANY job in the NFL after that??? We literally gave complete power to a guy that no one else in the NFL would hire in ANY capacity. We shouldn't be surprised at the results.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:00 am

JMP wrote:Yep.  He is clueless...completely lost and in over his head.  No answers.  He's supposed to be an offensive genius, but his offense sucks ass.  If you can't score against the Jets and Saints, who can you score against?  Fuck Gase...I'm so done with him.

Dont feel like that he is lost but I think that he is trust the people that he has leading the team. Timmons what the start and now Cutler isn't throwing the ball like he should, The OL hasn't changed and the secondary is about the same.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 am

Bottom line is Gase has no answers right now. He's the head coach, he's the offensive playcaller - it's on him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 am

I agree that it looks extremely bleak at the moment.

However, he is going to get at least two more years after 2017, and maybe more depending on how the team plays in those years.

Ross may learn, but he needs to let this regime run its course. He handpicked the front office, coach and corrected the previously broken power structure. If it doesn't work, he needs to select a new Tannenbaum replacement, and find the next GM and head coach.

If Gase doesn't pan out, he won't survive it. At this point, if we were to make a change my recommendation would be to swap out Tannenbaum and the GM. Because talent and contracts remains our biggest problem. You can't put that on the head coach.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 am

I feel like this might be Ross's last year as owner as well. He is not making money off of the Fins and probably tired of the BS. when people are used to winning they don't stay loser for long

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:58 am

white1 wrote:
However, he is going to get at least two more years after 2017, and maybe more depending on how the team plays in those years.

Let's just say, worst-case scenario: the Phins win 5 games this season and say, 6 or 7 games, next season - with the offense struggling both seasons. Does Gase make it to 2019 in that case? I don't think he does, even with clueless Ross.

white1 wrote:At this point, if we were to make a change my recommendation would be to swap out Tannenbaum and the GM. Because talent and contracts remains our biggest problem. You can't put that on the head coach.

What you can put on the head coach is an offense that can't score. Gase is the offensive "genius" that calls the plays...if his offense is failing, it's all on him. Gase wanted Jay Cutler and Julius Thomas, and he wanted to keep Stills. Those moves are on him - and all three are blowing up in his face. The team looks unprepared every game - that's on Gase as the head coach.

Yes, Tannenbaum sucks - but gameday is all about the head coach. Unfortunately, I don't see Tannenbaum going anywhere anytime soon. If anything, I think he'll throw Gase under the bus at some point to save his own ass.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:52 am

If Ross gives Gase an extension then you know he's gone. Sparano and Philbin didn't last through the season after they got theirs.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Gase signed on for five years when he was hired.

I said more in another thread, but if this "trifecta" fails then they all need to be swept out of town at the same time. Burn the whole thing down. And Tannenbaum better not survive it, in fact he may be the core of the problem.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down