The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami to start 5-0

5 posters

Go down

Miami to start 5-0  Empty Miami to start 5-0

Post by white1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Guys read Dave hydes blog. Our first five match ups fearure qbs ranging from mediocre to awful. We have a clear advantage and must win these five to have a chance at playoffs .

From where I sit now, there is no excuse to drop even one of these games. If we do, it's time to raise the alarm we are headed to another season out of the playoffs.

For the record, I believe tannehill is the far superior qb. My fear is rooted in the fact I've watched coyles defense fail against some of the worse quarterbacks in the league. He has the talent to put this squarely on coaching.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Miami to start 5-0  Empty Re: Miami to start 5-0

Post by JMP Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Before getting too pumped up about how bad these first 5 QBs are, keep in mind that last season Geno Smith beat the Dolphins in week 17, going 20-25 for 358 yards and 3 TDs, with a statistically-perfect QBR of 158.3. The Dolphins also lost to the Bills last season with EJ Manuel at QB.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Exactly what I referred to when I said Coyle's defense has failed against the worse QBs in the league.

My point is, if we repeat that this season, it's the first evidence that nothing has changed, and to prepare ourselves for another disappointment...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

white1 wrote:Exactly what I referred to when I said Coyle's defense has failed against the worse QBs in the league.

My point is, if we repeat that this season, it's the first evidence that nothing has changed, and to prepare ourselves for another disappointment...

Yep, exactly.

Realistically, I could see us being 3-2 or 2-3 after those first 5 games:

Redskins - win - that team is a mess
Jaguars - not sure - a game the Phins should win, but I think the Jags are going to surprise some teams this season...they have an improving D and some intriguing players on offense
Bills - loss - I don't like the way the Phins O matches up against the Bills D, and the Bills are stacked with weapons on offense
Jets - loss - traveling to London after a tough game, and again I don't like the way the Phins O matches up against the Jets D
Titans - win - I don't like Mariota, and the Titans are stuggling to find an identity

If we can start off 3-2 or even 4-1 after that stretch, we'll at least be alive before heading into a BRUTAL 11-game finish, with the Texans being the only "easy" opponent on the remaining schedule (and we all know that the Phins have never beaten the Texans...)

And that's the thing: you can look at those first 5 games and say we face 5 crap QBs - but in 8 of the last 10 games of the season we face elite (or near-elite) QBs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:33 pm

I have them losing to the Skins and beating the Jags, but otherwise the same as Jmp.

The other reason why the Fins would basically have to start 5-0 just to be in playoff contention in December is that the next seven games are against the Texans, Pats, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, Jets and Ravens. As I said before, I'm having a really hard time seeing them win more than two of those at best. And the Giants game after that is no guarantee either. If they lose to the Bills the first game they'll win the rematch since it's apparently a law of the universe that Rex Ryan cannot sweep this team. If they win the first game they'll lose the second.

The weird part is, I could see the Fins beating both the Chargers and Colts, and maybe even the Pats since by then they should have the division well in hand and Belichick always tanks the final game when that's the case. So it'll be a worst of all worlds scenario where Ross decides to keep Philbin AGAIN because the totally meaningless 3-game win streak to end the season will convince him the team is "not that far away" Rolling Eyes

So in other words, my official call for this season is 5-11.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:39 pm

I can see us losing a couple of these five due to bad game decisions by the staff, since this is a crucial stretch to open the season.

I'd say 3-2 or 2-3 as well.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Okay good discussion - let's agree on this. If we go 5-0 we are well on our way to a good season, if we drop one or more games we are performing at the same mediocre level we have been at for the past several years
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:07 pm

white1 wrote:Okay good discussion - let's agree on this. If we go 5-0 we are well on our way to a good season, if we drop one or more games we are performing at the same mediocre level we have been at for the past several years

Well, it's a tough call - because even if we do start 5-0, those last 11 games are nasty. Can we go at least 5-6 in those final 11? Maybe, but it's not going to be easy. And I don't think you can even consider playoffs with less than 10 wins. 5-0 would be off-the-charts fantastic, but it could become fool's gold very quickly with this schedule.

Yeah, that's right...I refuse to put any faith in this team even if they do start 5-0! I will not fall into a trap again. I'll believe the Phins are a playoff team when they're in the playoffs, and not a moment before. This I vow! pirat

I do know this, regardless of anything else: we will lose at least 2 games this season due to poor coaching alone.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:17 pm

I think Miami is an 11-5 team this year. Anything less is a disappointment! Playoff time!

My concern is the depth of the roster. Linebackers, defensive backs, and lineman.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down