The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Quinn

+7
finskev
Degarmo
HalCHorn
JMP
white1
rightchea
Umix10
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robert Quinn Empty Robert Quinn

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:24 pm

OMG this is getting worse by the day. Schefter is reporting a mid round pick for Robert i haven’t had Double digit sacks in like 4 years. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Robert Quinn Empty Re: Robert Quinn

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:34 pm

nfl.com wrote:The Los Angeles Rams are parting ways with defensive end Robert Quinn.

The Rams have agreed to trade Quinn to the Miami Dolphins, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The deal includes a mid-round draft pick going to Los Angeles and a swapping of mid-round picks, Rapoport added.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918863/article/la-rams-to-trade-robert-quinn-to-miami-dolphins

besides Wake who is getting old, Quinn is the only other dolphins that has over 50 sacks in his career.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:57 pm

rightchea wrote:
nfl.com wrote:The Los Angeles Rams are parting ways with defensive end Robert Quinn.

The Rams have agreed to trade Quinn to the Miami Dolphins, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The deal includes a mid-round draft pick going to Los Angeles and a swapping of mid-round picks, Rapoport added.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918863/article/la-rams-to-trade-robert-quinn-to-miami-dolphins

besides Wake who is getting old, Quinn is the only other dolphins that has over 50 sacks in his career.

That’s not saying much when he had 39.5 in a 3 year stint from 2012-2015. He’s a declining player. I’m skeptical because all i see is Mario Willliams or Andre Branch. Giving up picks is not what we need right now. No matter what is happening with Landry
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Wow a 4th and a 6th for Quinn and their 6th........
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:57 pm

So we basically gave up a 6th

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Meh. Tannenbaum trying to save his job getting vets for picks.

I’m not tore up about a fourth. If we’re trading Landry we better damn well get more than that.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:43 pm

So, essentially we traded Ajayi for Quinn.  

From what I've read, Quinn is set to make over $12 million this season.  Know what that tells me?  It tells me that we can say good-bye to Cam Wake.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see the Dolphins spending over $30 million on DEs this season - $12 million for Quinn, a $12 million cap hit for Branch, and an $8.6 million cap hit for Wake.

Quinn was once a great player, but shoulder, hand and back injuries have slowed him down in recent years and he also had a very serious concussion in 2016.  On the plus side, he's known for forcing fumbles - which no one on the Dolphins was good at this past season.  On the downside, he kinda sucks against the run.  

I tend to think Quinn is a player that is trending downward, but I guess we'll see.  If we're replacing Wake with Quinn, I'm not sure it's a real improvement.  Quinn is certainly younger, but IMO Wake is the better player.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Hmmm...so I just read that Quinn has mostly played right DE in his career (he was an OLB for the Rams last season in their 3-4). What's interesting is that Harris and Branch also play right DE, and Wake plays on the left. I wonder if they are planning to move Harris to the left side to replace Wake? That would make sense...I'd rather see Harris going up against RTs than LTs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:07 am

After sleeping on it, I don't feel much better about this trade. I just hate that we continue to give up draft picks and build through free agency with expensive, declining veterans.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:30 am

Other teams get guys who learn from their prior mistakes: Belicheck in NE, Spielman in Minn;

We get guys who don't: Wanny, Tannenbaum.

The 21st Century Dolphins in a nutshell.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:17 pm

In retrospect, how do you trade FOR a guy whose talent is obviously declining @ 12mil but trade a guy whose pure beast mode in 4 years cuz you don't wanna pay him 14 mil? Fuck this ass backwards logic
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:35 pm

We're going to make this up when we trade Tannehill to the Jets for a 4th rounder.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:54 pm

8.5 sacks playing out of position, I believe in our New DL coach to get him back to what he was, Plus I like Him because he is from Charleston SC. Lol

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:30 pm

I believe they are getting ready for the retirement of Wake or at least moving on from Wake. IMO, this is a good pick up because he young but bad for giving up a pick

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:44 pm

finskev wrote:8.5 sacks playing out of position, I believe in our New DL coach to get him back to what he was, Plus I like Him because he is from Charleston SC. Lol

Quinn wasn't really playing out of position last year...he was playing the position he fit best in within the scheme. Just like Jason Taylor playing OLB in Nick Saban's 3-4 scheme.

Quinn is a good pass rusher - no doubt about it. I just question whether or not he's an upgrade over what we already have, and I question his durability. I also question giving up another pick. Quinn's a good player - no argument. I just don't think it was a trade that needed to be made, and it certainly seems like Quinn is on the decline - and the Rams thought so too.

Hopefully we can trade Wake and get a pick to cancel out the pick we gave away for Quinn...that would make me feel better about the trade.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:45 pm

rightchea wrote:I believe they are getting ready for the retirement of Wake or at least moving on from Wake. IMO, this is a good pick up because he young but bad for giving up a pick

Yeah, I really believe that adding Quinn means we're moving on from Wake. Hopefully Harris moves to Wake's side...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:46 am

I wanted Wake traded five years ago when it was apparent this team was going nowhere slowly. At least back then they could've gotten a 2nd, maybe even a low first from somebody. It would be so...Finsy to finally trade him now for a conditional 6th or something.

The reason I haven't been posting lately is because I've finally run out of things to say about this team's complete and utter ineptness. It's not even funny anymore.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:59 am

Typical Tannenbaum.

Clever.

The Rams are just the latest team to snooker this flaming eff-tard into taking the cap hit for a player (or players) they do not want but do not want to cut and take the cap hit IMO.

I suspect this will end up just as successful as the Maxwell and Kiko Alonso deals did for the Phins!!!

Shocked Rolling Eyes

Yep, the pattern of epic off season failure is once again taking shape.

Hooray for the Phins.

(sigh)
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Hyde seems to think this a pronouncement of the Phins' true feelings towards Harris.

Charles Harris hasn’t impressed the Dolphins. Why else go out and get another high-priced right defensive end? Harris had two sacks and 19 tackles as a rookie. You’d expect a good step forward in his second year, and coach Adam Gase said he’d compete for a starting job a few days ago. Andre Branch’s three-year, $24 million deal looked like a bridge to Harris ramping up to an NFL player. Now it appears Quinn is locked in long-term as the starter and Harris is his backup.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/fl-sp-hyde5-quinn-trade-20180303-story.html

of course he does note...

Someone else must be going. Do they need four biggest investments at defensive end on a roster that needs so much? You can’t take on Quinn’s $11 million next year without thinking someone’s out the door in a trade or release.

Of the defensive ends, the only one who can realistically be released without pain is Cameron Wake. Would they really swap Quinn for Wake plus an added $3 million next year?

Branch would cost $11.9 million in dead-cap money to release — a prohibitive number.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 pm

If Gase praises a player it's a stone cold guarantee that player is at or near the league's worst at his position.

BTW, anybody remember me calling Harris a bust BEFORE any of us knew the Fins would draft him? Like shooting fish in a barrel while taking candy from a baby, I tells ya.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:44 pm

finfanatic wrote:Typical Tannenbaum.

. . . snooker this flaming eff-tard . . .  

This snippet made me laugh out loud. Well implemented verbiage my good man Smile

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 am

DolFan 316 wrote:If Gase praises a player it's a stone cold guarantee that player is at or near the league's worst at his position.

case in point.

Gase bristled in Indianapolis last week when we pointed out that Alonso of 2016 was not the Alonso of 2017.

“He had the same amount of tackles this year as last year, right?” Gase responded.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article203528974.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:07 am

I swear Gase is delusional. Coach-speak is one thing, but the crap that comes out of his mouth is just insane.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 pm

JMP wrote:I swear Gase is delusional.  Coach-speak is one thing, but the crap that comes out of his mouth is just insane.

Yes, my Gase-Phaith takes a hit every time I see one of these Wanny-like quotes. I just keep thinking....you know at some point....
the players will realize, this coach talks a good game, but he doesn't back it up! And at that point, Gase will have lost the team and
will never be able to get them back.

I do not THINK Gase is at that point yet, but....you trade away Ajayi, and kick Landry to the curb, and bring in some scrubs, and then start talking
about how the players just need to execute your system better....and I can see how things could unravel fairly quickly.

Add to that the anemic....I mean woeful....er...cadaverous....drafting, and you can start to see how players will begin to question a coach
who preaches better execution, but shytecans a player that gives 110% like Wake.

All the signs are there IMO.

A bad free agent season, coupled with another disastrous draft....yep, the Phins could be in for a very rocky 2018 season IMHO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Talent evaluation seems to be a big issue with Gase. He thought Dallas Thomas was a starter, he thinks Alonso played great last season, he thinks Mike Pouncey is the best center in the game, he's very happy with Charles Harris's production...it's scary.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next