The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Sparano dead

+2
Degarmo
scotgif
6 posters

Go down

Tony Sparano dead Empty Tony Sparano dead

Post by scotgif Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:28 pm

scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Tony Sparano dead Empty Re: Tony Sparano dead

Post by Degarmo Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Coaching is such a stressful thing, and he didn't exactly have an easy career. He was so intense, I always thought he was going to explode. He wasn't a great head coach, but he gave a shit, really wanted to win. I feel really bad for his family, but at least they should be good for money.

RIP Coach

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Wow Shocked Shocked Shocked Last time I checked he'd lost a lot of weight. Then again this was almost 10 years ago.

It's amazing this doesn't happen to more coaches. Maybe it will. Men just aren't built to handle as much stress as they do these days without something going terribly wrong.

Whether you thought he was a good coach or not, at least Sparano let people know where he stood, unlike these younger guys (coughGasecough) who think playing head games makes them smarter than everybody else, or something.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:02 am

I've always liked Sparano. He had more heart and passion than most NFL coaches these days, and he lived and died on every play just like we do (or did...) as fans. He was probably in over his head and I think a lot of the crap that happened during his tenure was out of his control, but regardless, he was a straight shooter and a likeable guy.

I'll say this: I liked Sparano a helluva lot more than Philbin and Gase.

This is absolutely horrible news, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Keep on fist pumpin' in Heaven, Coach - R.I.P.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Certainly puts things into perspective.

Sparano did a Hell of a job in 2008. As it turned out, he was a limited HC, but he got a lot out of that limited team. And if there was one team to spring the wildcat on, it was the Pats. Still the most memorable and entertaining game we've witnessed this century.

Maybe things might have turned out differently for him here if Parcells had been overseeing things with Huizenga as his owner for a few years longer. Sadly, we'll never know.
R.I.P.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:22 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Certainly puts things into perspective.

Sparano did a Hell of a job in 2008.  As it turned out, he was a limited HC, but he got a lot out of that limited team.  And if there was one team to spring the wildcat on, it was the Pats.  Still the most memorable and entertaining game we've witnessed this century.

Maybe things might have turned out differently for him here if Parcells had been overseeing things with Huizenga as his owner for a few years longer.  Sadly, we'll never know.  
R.I.P.

Completely agree with you Hal.

I had some problems with Sparano's micro-managing HCing style, but not enough to wish this on him.

Very sad news.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down