The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Draft Options - QB

+6
JMP
Degarmo
finfanatic
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
white1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Miami Draft Options - QB  - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Draft Options - QB

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Degarmo for the win!!

Most excellent.

It bothered me so I went and looked it up. Brogan Roback was the 4th (or was it 5th?) string Qb for the Browns on Hard Knocks last year.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Fins are trading for Rosen, calling it now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:53 pm

4th round pick I’m good with it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:03 pm

This is interesting. Figured him for the favorite as our "bridge QB":

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/chargers-sign-tyrod-taylor/

Gone now. Dolphins have one hell of a poker face. They're like, no QB? No problem...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Seems like the plan is clear now: we're only going to sign low-level FAs and players that get cut...so we can secure the comp picks for James and Wake. I expect us to be more active once players start getting cut.

But QB? Maybe the Phins have been reading that fluff piece about Rudock! LOL

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:19 pm

I'm telling you, Rosen's going to be traded for, then after that SJW wannabe stinks it up and the Fins draft Tua, he'll be kicked to the curb for the second time in two years.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I'm telling you, Rosen's going to be traded for, then after that SJW wannabe stinks it up and the Fins draft Tua, he'll be kicked to the curb for the second time in two years.

I doubt the Phins would trade for Rosen unless the price went WAY down. Like, a 4th. And for a 4th, I'd be OK with that.

But if I had to guess right now, I think we're going to draft Easton Stick and let him compete with Rudock for the starting job. Then next year, we go all in for Tua or Fromm. That gives us three QBs to work with, and potentially Stick and/or Rudock become trade bait at some point if they develop.

And yes, I'm completely discounting Luke Falk in this equation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm

These are all much more interesting options than the standard "Sign Tyrod Taylor/Teddy Bridgewater/Sam Darnold/NameAWashedUpQB".

Who knows? We may get lucky and actually find a QB before Tua! Or trade bait for a 1st round pick. It's amazing what can happen if you BUILD FOR THE FUTURE.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:53 pm

white1 wrote:
Who knows?  We may get lucky and actually find a QB before Tua! Or trade bait for a 1st round pick.  It's amazing what can happen if you BUILD FOR THE FUTURE.

Yep, and people may not like it becaue it won't be pretty, but it's becoming clear that this year is all about cleaning up the Tannenbaum/Gase disaster: fix the cap and clean the roster. 2020 is when we'll start to see real movement. This year the focus is a (hopefully) strong draft and some cheap stop-gap FAs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:56 pm

The Fins can't be *too* bad though. 0-16 can and should get Flores canned. No way any team retains an 0-16 coach after the Hue Jackson Experience.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:03 pm

I have to agree. the problem Flores came in on a team with no money. he had to let people go that he shouldn't had too. Another issue is QB. if you cant get Taylor then go after the QB from UB, he gonna be at least 4th or 5th round.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 pm

If Bridgewater falls through, I'd sign someone like Bortles on a prove it deal and let him compete with the in-house options. Or even, God forbid, Sam Bradford. Hey, signing him gave Arizona the number one pick this year.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:50 am

DolFan 316 wrote:The Fins can't be *too* bad though. 0-16 can and should get Flores canned. No way any team retains an 0-16 coach after the Hue Jackson Experience.

I don't think so. This roster is in complete shambles, loaded with high-priced aging/declining/injury-prone veterans, mediocre young players, and no QB. Almost no cap space at the start of the offseason, and no extra draft picks. It's an impossible situation. None of this is on Flores.

0-16 isn't going to happen, but a very bad season should be expected...and that's not because of Flores, it's because of Tannenbaum and Gase leaving this team in a state of disaster. It's going to take a Herculean effort to fix, and it's going to take longer than one offseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 am

The Raiders cut A.J. McCarron. He's young and will be dirt cheap...and could help us get the #1 pick in 2020! lol!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:37 pm

lol....I think that miami will be 2nd in the draft

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:19 pm

I bet whoever we draft in 2020 hopes we build a wall in 2019!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:48 pm

Trade for Rosen pretty much HAS to happen now I would think.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 am

Not a big Rosen fan, but I wouldn't be that upset if we took a flyer on him. That is, unless we give up anything higher than a 4th rd pick for him.

Put it this way, if and I know it is a big if, but IF he does pan out and show that he is a franchise QB, then, we have the steal of the century. If he flops, then you cut your losses and get rid of him the following year and move on.

You can still draft a QB high in 2020. If it seems like he has some potential, you could even keep him as backup to the rookie, or start him and let the rookie sit a bit, until the inevitable time to play the rookie comes.

Hell, we could even flip him for another draft pick or player in two years, seeing how Greir was able to trade Tanny.

Like I say, not a huge Rosen fan, but it would be a win-win.

I tell you this, there is no way in hell this FO can trot out Jake freakin ruddock, or luke falk, or david fail forward fast fales and have the fanbase and the lock room buy off on it. The locker room will be lost and the fans will be non-existent.

You have to AT LEAST give the appearance of trying to win.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm

With Fitz, they do that. I think I'd just go with Fitz, Falk and Ruddock and add someone in the draft if the BPA happens to be a QB.

Rosen would likely bring a higher price from someone than I would be willing to pay. I want to add draft picks, not trade them. Someone will be willing to give up multiple picks for him if the Cards want to trade him, say a third and a sixth. I'd rather keep those picks.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am

Agree completely, Hal. I'd look to draft Easton Stick in round 4 if he's still there, and roll with Fitz, Stick and Rudock. I'd cut Falk. No trading away picks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Just say NO to Rosen.

I suspect the Phins are gonna go with what they have and if they draft a QB, it will be a developmental guy.

I wouldn't do it this year, but who knows?

Is one year gonna be enough to clean up the mess this roster is in? With a super strong draft this year and another next year, and some solid, sound, strategic free agent pickups/decisions, it just might be.

But yet again....the dreaded nemesis of the Phins is/has been/ and still MIGHT BE....they NEVER draft super-strong! In fact, they usually are the exact opposite of super strong...which is Bad Weak...Inferior Poor....Unexceptional Impotent.... just gosh-darn AWFUL!!!

but...I will need proof.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Yep, it all comes down to the draft. With Marvin Allen and Reggie Mckenize on board, this will be the strongest draft room we've had in ages, maybe even better than the Jimmy Johnson era. BUT...while that sounds great on paper, they need to make it happen in real life. I do expect a lot of wheeling and dealing so we'll have both more picks this year and ammo to trade up next year.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Yep, it all comes down to the draft. With Marvin Allen and Reggie Mckenize on board, this will be the strongest draft room we've had in ages, maybe even better than the Jimmy Johnson era. BUT...while that sounds great on paper, they need to make it happen in real life. I do expect a lot of wheeling and dealing so we'll have both more picks this year and ammo to trade up next year.

I agree with this thought, and yes, it has to come true to mean anything. Allen and McKenzie are highly regarded, and for that matter so is Chris Grier. Without Tannenbaum in the room, and Gase making the ultimate call on who to draft, I find it hard to believe our drafts won't get much, much better.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 pm

interesting thing is there is a lot less speculation for miami this year then most. normally we see someone talk about who miami might and should go after but there nothing really. they are running close door this year.

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2