The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs

3 posters

Go down

Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs Empty Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 pm

I wonder how true this is...…..

Martin Rogers wrote:This latest win wasn’t some ugly, scrappy, mistake-laden affair that turned on a bout of clumsiness. Miami broke out an offensive explosion to sink the Philadelphia Eagles, 37-31, with a never-say-die comeback featuring numerous pointers toward a brighter future.
“The cynics will complain the Dolphins hurt themselves on Sunday,” wrote Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero. “They had an open door to improving their 2020 draft slot because the Cincinnati Bengals and Washington Redskins won and a loss could have helped the Dolphins ultimately find themselves in better position to draft a superior college prospect.
“But that narrative was nowhere near these Dolphins on Sunday. That thinking about a draft pick so far in the future it’s impossible to predict what player will be most worthy of selecting, was deferential to how the guys on this team took some punches … and fought back.”
And suddenly, what everyone thought was going to be a one-way street toward an 0-16 season (or darn close to it), followed by the No. 1 NFL Draft pick, followed by the arrival of a ready-made star quarterback in Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa, now appears very different.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-tanking-philadelphia-eagles-120219

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs Empty Re: Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:06 pm

I bet it's more true than many may realize. It's the kind of thing people can get behind, particularly now when most people's lives are that of the underdog.

It's nice to see effort paying off for these guys. I don't care where we end up in the draft, none of that matters anyway except for trade value.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs Empty Re: Are the Dolphins becoming America's favorite underdogs

Post by finfanatic Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:00 pm

I heard some guys on the radio...Sirius...saying Flores should be up for coach of the year!!

I was not impressed early, but I think we are seeing Flores MAY be the real deal.

If they were doing all this with Rosen at QB, I would be far more impressed. Fitzmagic has made some so-so HCs look good before.

But doing what Flores has done with this so-so talented roster is still a big accomplishment. Keeping the players from mentally tanking and buying into what he is selling is REALLY IMPRESSIVE IMHO.

Anyone who watched the hideous Cam Cameron EPIC CRASH AND BURN where the whole season augered into the ground like an effin' dart, and then Cam kept throwing poop on the wreck...should understand what happened when a HC loses a team completely.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm

finfanatic wrote:If they were doing all this with Rosen at QB

It's very hard to un-turd a punch bowl.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down