The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news on Tua

+5
white1
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
JMP
mercury22nathan
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Good news on Tua - Page 2 Empty Re: Good news on Tua

Post by JMP Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 pm

rightchea wrote:I would think they would have to trade at least the 1st and 2nd round picks plus next years 1st round pick to get Tua. Even if they were to trade with Miami.

Yeah, for those teams to move up the price will be high. I doubt they move, but you never know - and the Jags do have 2 first rounders this year.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Good news on Tua - Page 2 Empty Re: Good news on Tua

Post by white1 Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:55 pm

As long as Washington doesn't want Tua, and Detroit doesn't want Tua, Grier is in total control of this situation.

We can outbid any other team by the virtue of our 3 firsts, 2 seconds this year and our 2 firsts, 2 seconds next year. Not that I think we will need to give up more than say a 1st and 2nd this year, or something on that level of compensation. It won't be 3 firsts, for that you're looking at #1 overall and Burrow (I would pass, btw).

The real risk IMO is trading up for the wrong guy.

Herbert is healthy, but I'd much rather gamble on the elite leadership traits and elite accuracy that Tua has. That's the way I would go. If he gets hurt, draft another guy next year to be a backup and injury insurance. It's fine if we double down on the QB position, it's a smart approach and I'm surprised more teams don't do it.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2