The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1 thoughts: Dolphins at Patriots

+7
JEGnj
finskev
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
Degarmo
rightchea
JMP
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Game 1 thoughts: Dolphins at Patriots - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 1 thoughts: Dolphins at Patriots

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:29 pm

JMP wrote:...teams lose coordinators every year.

Absolutely, but more importantly it’s young coordinators! I think that by bringing in stability at OC is important for the development of the QB position. It won’t necessarily translate to wins.

The upside is GAILEY has a wealth of knowledge in game planning and schemes. His truest lessons would be to get Tua to understand NFL defensive concepts and prep for teams. This is the area that is the most critical for Tua. We already know of the physical tools, but we need to see defensive recognition, timing, quick decisions. That’s what I need out of GAILEY!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Game 1 thoughts: Dolphins at Patriots - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 1 thoughts: Dolphins at Patriots

Post by JMP Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:26 pm

Umix10 wrote:
JMP wrote:...teams lose coordinators every year.

Absolutely, but more importantly it’s young coordinators!  I think that by bringing in stability at OC is important for the development of the QB position.  It won’t necessarily translate to wins.

The upside is GAILEY has a wealth of knowledge in game planning and schemes.  His truest lessons would be to get Tua to understand NFL defensive concepts and prep for teams.  This is the area that is the most critical for Tua.  We already know of the physical tools, but we need to see defensive recognition, timing, quick decisions.  That’s what I need out of GAILEY!

I think having a consistent scheme is more important than having a consistent coordinator. Of course, any new coordinator will bring in his own ideas, but as long as the basic scheme and terminology are the same it shouldn't matter who is running the show. The problem comes in when you replace coordinators constantly and they completely change the system. Then you're starting from square one every time.

And keep in mind - if you have a young coordinator now, he's going to get a promotion from some other team soon if he's any good. In other words, a younger guy doesn't necessarily offer more stability than an older guy.

Completely agree with you about Gailey, Umix - and I think those are the exact reasons he was hired. Teaching the rookie QB (whoever it was) was always going to be his most important job IMO - same thing for Fitz, of course. And hearing the reports about how involved Tua was on the sideline on Sunday, I think they're off to a good start.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3