The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUA THE SAVIOR!!!

+5
finfanatic
HalCHorn
white1
JMP
DolFan 316
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TUA THE SAVIOR!!!  Empty TUA THE SAVIOR!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:56 pm

And lo, he came in riding a multicolored, multigendered horse (a white male horse just won't do these days), put the team on his back, and dragged them kicking and screaming to victory like a True Franchise QB, in what HAS to be the biggest single regular season upset in NFL history!!! cheers cheers cheers There hasn't been a spectacle like this since Willis Reed in the NBA finals!!! Now I see the brilliance of Flores--he was playing 5D chess all along, luring the Ravens into a false sense of security before springing the ultimate secret weapon Tua on them, knowing they would be helpless and hapless against such a force!!! cheers cheers cheers

That's my story and I'm sticking to it Cool

EDIT: Seriously, would it not be the GOAT story in sports history if the Fins win out and make the playoffs, with Tua starting every step of the way? How can Flores keep him out after this???

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

TUA THE SAVIOR!!!  Empty Re: TUA THE SAVIOR!!!

Post by JMP Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:42 am

Like I said in the game thoughts, Tua was absolutely PISSED OFF in his postgame on-field interview.  He knows what's up, and he's not going to stand for it anymore.  Good for him.

The man has ice in his veins.  Despite getting his ass kicked over and over by an OL that is completely inept, and being shit on incessantly by his owner, GM and head coach, he just keeps fighting.  It isn't always pretty, but he will not stop.  That QB sneak was a big middle finger to Flores. I don't know if Tua has a future in Miami, but I'm on his side 100%. 

And you can tell the team is on Tua's side.  If and when Flores loses this locker room, it will be because of the way he screwed Tua.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:46 am

JMP wrote:Like I said in the game thoughts, Tua was absolutely PISSED OFF in his postgame on-field interview.  He knows what's up, and he's not going to stand for it anymore.  Good for him.

The man has ice in his veins.  Despite getting his ass kicked over and over by an OL that is completely inept, and being shit on incessantly by his owner, GM and head coach, he just keeps fighting.  It isn't always pretty, but he will not stop.  That QB sneak was a big middle finger to Flores. I don't know if Tua has a future in Miami, but I'm on his side 100%. 

And you can tell the team is on Tua's side.  If and when Flores loses this locker room, it will be because of the way he screwed Tua.

I was a fence sitter before, now I'm all in and a proud member of Team Tua cheers cheers cheers

It ought to be a crime the way Flores and Grier did him wrong. Seriously, somebody needs to press charges against them or at least make them pay a fine!!!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:54 am

Yeah, it truly is disgusting. If Tua was a piece of shit like, say, Ryan Leaf, maybe I could understand it - but Tua is one of the good guys, and there aren't many of them.  The way he's been treated by his own damn team is indeed criminal. 

I've heard multiple analysts tonight question Flores's decision to not start Tua tonight.  The truth is spreading, and this time it won't be stopped.  Flores and Grier are digging their own graves.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:56 am

Could there be a more telling sign we're living in the end times than Tua being treated like a criminal while an actual criminal in Watson is treated like a god?

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:57 am

I've never seen an organization turn so quickly on a highly drafted rookie QB. 

Who was it that said "Organizations make quarterbacks?" Yeah, well what we are seeing with Tua and watching what Tannehill is doing in Tennessee, I'd say the current org is doing the OPPOSITE OF THAT. 

Any question Herbert would be just as broken if he was unlucky enough to be drafted by Grier? Yeah, no question from me either.  

Regardless of how many wins we pile up against the weak remaining schedule, Ross has to ask himself if he seriously believes this org can succeed.  Or if they will continue treading water in the 6-10 win range forever.

I've got my answer to that.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:33 pm

white1 wrote:I've never seen an organization turn so quickly on a highly drafted rookie QB.

If it makes you feel any better the Cards soured on Rosen much quicker. Then again they were able to sucker Grier into giving a 2nd for him, never mind.

I remember the Raiders bailing on Jamarcus Russell fairly quickly (although he did start 9 games in year three) and the Chargers figured out Leaf was a lost cause after just two seasons.

The difference in those cases and Tua is that a least the above players had proven beyond dispute they were busts, while Tua simply has never gotten a real chance.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:45 pm

For the life of me I can't understand why it is taken as a given that Deshaun Watson is better than Tua ever will be.

Won a national championship? Sure, but so did Tua.

Top-10 draft pick? So is Tua.

Tua has a significant injury history? Sure, but Watson does too, he tore his ACL his rookie year.

Watson has a ton of off the field baggage and Tua has none. Watson does have two playoff appearances, and won a grand total of one out of three playoff games.

Is it really that insane to want to say "no thanks" to Watson and see what Tua might accomplish given half a chance?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:09 am

Great point Hal and I totally agree.  

No one (contrary to media belief) is "making excuses for Tua".  In fact, it's clear when he's in that the passing game is far more effective vs Brissett. 

The roster constructed around him - ESPECIALLY on offense - is straight trash.  No running game, and pass pro so weak he has to throw the ball faster than most QBs in the league (illustrated by his release time stat, one of the fastest in the league). 

Add in always-hurt receivers and no feature RB to lean on, and there you have it. 

Would Watson do any better? Highly unlikely.  In fact, with our current roster he would be taking tons of sacks, just like he did in Houston. Plus, they had better and more reliable receivers (Hopkins was and still is an absolute beast).  Don't forget they had a great running back too to lean on when he was still in his prime.  Let's not overlook O'Brien either, an offensive mind who had an excellent grip on that side of the ball.  

We have none of that here in Miami.  NONE. 

So sure, Watson looked good but there's a lot of reasons why.  And yes, there was plenty of garbage time stats compiling going on.

Punting this early on Tua is not only the sign of a desperate regime, but also an org that has no clue how to build a contending team.  Giving away three first round picks - PLUS - will not have a positive impact on constructing a competitive roster given all the holes on the O-line, RB, and WR, just to name a few.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:05 pm

I have said it before and I stand behind it: Grier and Flores are dipwads!

But after seeing the way the O-line was mishandled, misjudged, and maladroitly put together this season, it seems obvious calling them simple dipwads, does a disservice to regular dipwads everywhere!

I think I might have to upgrade them (er... downgrade them...) to full-fledged dipshytes!

Somebody or somebodys need to be fired posthaste for this travesty of a Oline.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Every time I see Jonathan Taylor rush for a 100 yards and a TD I'm reminded we chose Iggy over him! Fire Grier for putting together an absolute crappy offense.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:00 pm

HalCHorn wrote:For the life of me I can't understand why it is taken as a given that Deshaun Watson is better than Tua ever will be.

Won a national championship?  Sure, but so did Tua.

Top-10 draft pick?  So is Tua.

Tua has a significant injury history?  Sure, but Watson does too, he tore his ACL his rookie year.

Watson has a ton of off the field baggage and Tua has none.  Watson does have two playoff appearances, and won a grand total of one out of three playoff games.

Is it really that insane to want to say "no thanks" to Watson and see what Tua might accomplish given half a chance?

Great post!

Two things that really make me laugh about the whole Watson thing:

1. All the Dolfans screaming and yelling about how Tua is "too small", while pounding the table for Watson - who is just about an inch taller than Tua, weighs less than Tua, and has little toothpick legs compared to Tua. Laughing

2. We STILL don't know Watson's status, and may not till well into 2022 - if at all. Yet these Watson freaks just can't wait to toss 3 first round picks and several 2nd round picks to the Texans the second the league season begins in March. Who knows when or if this clown will ever play??

Anyway, Tua is progressing while everything around him is complete shit. He certainly deserves a chance to continue to progress while the Dolphins hopefully clean up their disastrous offense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:01 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Every time I see Jonathan Taylor rush for a 100 yards and a TD I'm reminded we chose Iggy over him!  

Jim Brown couldn't run behind this crappy OL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Huge trades for a big name player never seem to work out for the team that trades away their picks. A trade for Watson could be the death knell for the Miami Dolphins franchise. Sending us from the worst team in the AFC to the worst team in the league.

I'm not sure if Watson did the things he's accused of but I prefer a wait and see approach. Definitely don't use tons of picks.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Fins now 3-0 post-trade deadline distraction. Just sayin'.

Tua is seriously a real life inspiration to me now for the way he's not only triumphing over the Fins' opponents, but overcoming his own coach and GMs blatantly obvious conspiracy against him cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:37 pm

Seriously, to see Tua producing with everything going on around him is pretty amazing.  Imagine if we had a real OL, real playcallers and healthy WRs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am

Jason Sarney @Jason_Sarney

Clutch alert:

Tua was 8-for-8 for 58 yards & 1 TD in the 4th quarter today.

Since Week 6, he is 37-of-49 (75.5%) for 458 yards, 4 TD & has a 114.2 passer rating in the 4th quarter.

In the 4th, since Week 6, his 458 passing yards lead the NFL & his 114.2 passer rating is 5th

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:54 am

Smart Guy 
@SmartJames1981
·
12h
Only 4 QB’s in NFL have had multiple games at 80%+ completion percentage (min attempts 10) this season. All 4 have had 2 such games. Below is a list of the QBs and their passing TDs in those two games.

Mac Jones 4TDs
Dak Prescott 3TDs
Kyler Murray 3TDs
Tua 6TDs

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:30 am

So I'm making another "excuse" I guess Smile

Imagine what Tua's stats would look like if we had drafted Slater as our LT, and if Fuller and Parker were healthy?

Let's dream even more and envision Jonathan Taylor in Miami instead of Iggy.

Because Jones has an excellent offensive line, great defense and TWO excellent TEs.

Prescott has an absolute embarrassment of riches on offense - in fact the backup RB in Dallas maybe better than the starter. Their receiving corps is enviable.

Murray? Just look at all those weapons at his disposal, including the absolute theft of Hopkins - they just stole him from Houston.

So yeah that's my excuse, Tua is on this list, with the most TDs, and would be EVEN BETTER with the supporting cast that play with any of the three other QBs on the same list.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:38 am

white1 wrote:So I'm making another "excuse" I guess Smile

Imagine what Tua's stats would look like if we had drafted Slater as our LT, and if Fuller and Parker were healthy?

Let's dream even more and envision Jonathan Taylor in Miami instead of Iggy.  

Because Jones has an excellent offensive line, great defense and TWO excellent TEs.

Prescott has an absolute embarrassment of riches on offense - in fact the backup RB in Dallas maybe better than the starter.  Their receiving corps is enviable.

Murray? Just look at all those weapons at his disposal, including the absolute theft of Hopkins - they just stole him from Houston.

So yeah that's my excuse, Tua is on this list, with the most TDs, and would be EVEN BETTER with the supporting cast that play with any of the three other QBs on the same list.

That's what kills me: with all the draft picks and money we had available, our top 5 QB pick is surrounded by a horrendous OL, terrible playcallers, no running game, and only two legit receiving targets - one of whom is a rookie. The deck is stacked completely against Tua, yet somehow he is finding ways to rise above it.

I suppose it is too late to fire the OL coach, but that has to be priority #1 in the offseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:50 pm

The priority right now is to repair the damage to Tua. Growing up in Hawaii, I've seen Tua grow up. In his interviews, I don't see the joy it brings when he plays football. It seems as if he is more guarded now. Reserved, and to be honest irritated.

He sounds a lot like Flores now. A lot of coach speak, a lot of team first mentality and not a guy who just enjoys football. They have taken that from him.

Tua holds the whole key to this organization for the next few years. If he opts out of his contract after next season. The Dolphins could be set back for at least 3 to 4 years.

The dolphins will have $75Mil in cap space next year. Gesicki and Offensive line should be a priority. Thats all the off season should be about. Buy an offensive line. Center, Guard and Tackle. Period! 3 guys that's it. I'm not talking 3 value guys. We need to overpay someone or someones. We've overpaid others except at those 3 positions. We cant draft OL for shit. We might as well buy them.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP, DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Umix10 wrote:The dolphins will have $75Mil in cap space next year.  Gesicki and Offensive line should be a priority.  Thats all the off season should be about.  Buy an offensive line.  Center, Guard and Tackle.  Period!  3 guys that's it. I'm not talking 3 value guys.  We need to overpay someone or someones.  We've overpaid others except at those 3 positions.  We cant draft OL for shit.  We might as well buy them.

I'm strangely comfortable with this. Especially seeing as at least 2 current starters (Jackson, Davis) don't even deserve to be on an NFL roster, and for whatever reason Kindley's in the doghouse.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:57 pm

The dolphins will have $75Mil in cap space next year. Gesicki and Offensive line should be a priority. Thats all the off season should be about. Buy an offensive line. Center, Guard and Tackle. Period! 3 guys that's it. I'm not talking 3 value guys. We need to overpay someone or someones. We've overpaid others except at those 3 positions. We cant draft OL for shit. We might as well buy them.

I'm strangely comfortable with this. Especially seeing as at least 2 current starters (Jackson, Davis) don't even deserve to be on an NFL roster, and for whatever reason Kindley's in the doghouse.

I totally agree with this approach. At the same time, I don't believe for one second that Grier / Flores will actually do it.

If Grier is retained (and with each win it becomes more certain that Ross will give everyone "one more year"), he has proven that he will not break the bank in free agency - at least not for offensive linemen.

His spoken philosophy is to "build from the inside out", yet last year he spent cap money on a one year deal for Will Fuller that could have been used to sign Corey Linsley and solve the center position with one of the league's best.

For whatever reason, he can't sign/won't sign top level talent on the offensive line in free agency, and he can't draft them to save his life even with high draft picks.

This is why he SHOULD be relieved following this season, but most likely won't be, because all Ross can see is the win column and if it's high enough, he isn't forced to make a change.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Btw what's mystifying to me is the Grier approach seems to have worked on the defensive line.

Wilkins - Ogbah - Davis is a very nice starting three, and there's depth behind them. That's one first round pick, one second, and a reasonably priced free agent. Wilkins is having his best season ever, and Davis returning from injury almost instantly improved our run defense.

I am not counting Charles Harris on purpose because IMO that was the Gase / Tannenbaum era, with Grier having only input and not final decision power.

Why the offensive line is unsolvable is simply a mystery to me...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:39 pm

white1 wrote:Why the offensive line is unsolvable is simply a mystery to me...

IMHO I think it's Grier trying to be innovative about the approach to the offensive line. I think his philosophy is that the value doesn't directly come from the money but getting players who can play multiple positions for cheap. Davis, Hunt, Kindley, Deiter, now Jackson. Tunsil is another one that played G.

So far it hasn't panned out the way he'd like.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next