The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUA THE SAVIOR!!!

+5
finfanatic
HalCHorn
white1
JMP
DolFan 316
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TUA THE SAVIOR!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: TUA THE SAVIOR!!!

Post by JMP Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:19 pm

I'm all for spending $ on OL - but unless we get a real OL coach to implement legit blocking schemes and preach fundamentals, I'm not sure how much it would help.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:37 pm

Oh BTW Tua is tied with Josh Allen for the league's 4th lowest sack percentage--and the gap between him and second place is narrower than the gap between second and first! With THIS O-line. I'd like to see the two switch teams and coaches for just one game, I'll bet Allen's sack percentage would rise like a hot air balloon!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm#passing::pass_sacked_perc

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:20 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Oh BTW Tua is tied with Josh Allen for the league's 4th lowest sack percentage--and the gap between him and second place is narrower than the gap between second and first! With THIS O-line. I'd like to see the two switch teams and coaches for just one game, I'll bet Allen's sack percentage would rise like a hot air balloon!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm#passing::pass_sacked_perc

Remember the commercials where Dan Marino was buying Isotoner gloves for his OL for Christmas? Well, the current Dolphins' OL should be buying gifts for Tua this year! He's making them look good...well, maybe not good, but you get the idea!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:22 am

Five Reasons Sports
@5ReasonsSports
·
12h
Can’t believe some Dolphins fans complain about Tua when Giants fans have to watch Daniel Jones

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:07 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Oh BTW Tua is tied with Josh Allen for the league's 4th lowest sack percentage--and the gap between him and second place is narrower than the gap between second and first! With THIS O-line. I'd like to see the two switch teams and coaches for just one game, I'll bet Allen's sack percentage would rise like a hot air balloon!

That's so interesting 316.......the OC for the Bills is Brian Daboll the one time OC for Miami and incidentally the OC for Tua at Alabama of course until he left for the Bills. Could this be a pre cursor to bringing Daboll to Miami to work with Tua?  I could only wish.  He'd never leave an OC position for another especially not for Miami
Umix10
Umix10

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm

Umix10 wrote:That's so interesting 316.......the OC for the Bills is Brian Daboll the one time OC for Miami and incidentally the OC for Tua at Alabama of course until he left for the Bills. Could this be a pre cursor to bringing Daboll to Miami to work with Tua?  I could only wish.  He'd never leave an OC position for another especially not for Miami

Except that he's done so multiple times over the past decade-plus, including leaving the Browns for the Fins...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DaboBr0.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm

All Tua does is Win.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:41 am

Enjoy...

DolFan 316

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:40 pm

4-0 post-trade deadline now. Just sayin'. The media can suck my big, fat, long...leftover turkey leg Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It's amazing what happens when a team lets its top 5 drafted QB actually play. What Tua is doing by dragging the rest of this team kicking and screaming to a season ending 9-game win streak is truly the stuff heroes and manly men are made of cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:38 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:4-0 post-trade deadline now. Just sayin'. The media can suck my big, fat, long...leftover turkey leg Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It's amazing what happens when a team lets its top 5 drafted QB actually play. What Tua is doing by dragging the rest of this team kicking and screaming to a season ending 9-game win streak is truly the stuff heroes and manly men are made of cheers cheers cheers

Jaelan Phillips is actually playing like a first round pick. Where we lack is having a true #1 receiver, the offensive line, and a running back. Tua is clearly capable of being the QB of the future.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:51 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Tua is clearly capable of being the QB of the future.

Nice to see you finally coming around to my way of thinking Razz

But seriously, you and I were never "hating" him, we simply wanted Tua to show us he was at least in the same neighborhood as a top 10 QB. And now that he is, we're perfectly capable of acknowledging it.

I just don't see how, if this team wins its last 9 with Tua starting, Grier, Flores, or whoever the new GM and coach are can possibly justify a Watson trade in the offseason. Or a trade for any QB.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:55 pm

My biggest concern is extending Grier. Flores took the defense back over and they're looking good. Flores is 50/50 in my book. He put together a poor coaching staff.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 pm

CarsonChris wrote:My biggest concern is extending Grier. Flores took the defense back over and they're looking good. Flores is 50/50  in my book. He put together a poor coaching staff.

Yeah, it really is a double edged sword, isn't it? If this team finishes 10-7--and they absolutely can--there's no way Ross fires Grier, especially since Grier can point to Holland and now Phillips as evidence that he can in fact draft well. But even if that happens, even if this team really does make the playoffs and wins a game or two, the offense absolutely, positively HAS to be completely remodeled, revamped and rebuilt at every position except QB (and even then a new backup must be found). My biggest fear is that Grier and Flores just assume that the offense is perfectly fine and do next to nothing to improve it, or trade for Watson anyway.

But that's another worry for another time, right now I'm just enjoying the ride on the Tua Train Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:38 pm

BREAKING NEWS: The Fins now have just one fewer win than the Herberts. This is especially shocking to me since I was constantly told Herbert is a vastly superior QB to Tua and always would be.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:20 pm

With way the 3 J's are playing, there is absolutely no way Grier gets fired - those 3 stellar draft picks bought him at least another year.

As for Tua, everyone said he lacks elite skills.  Bullshit. His elite skill is his accuracy.  His ability to put the ball exactly where it needs to be - usually under pressure and/or on the move - is uncanny.  Yeah, he did it at Alabama - but now he's doing behind a terrible OL with a group of mostly low-level receivers.  It truly is amazing to watch.  And just think how much better he'll be with a real OL and some actual receivers.  The sky is the limit.  Tua is a winner - that's all there is to it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:22 pm

I see the co-OCs finally figured out a way to have Waddle catch passes traveling more than 5 yards in the air as well. About damn time!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:29 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I see the co-OCs finally figured out a way to have Waddle catch passes traveling more than 5 yards in the air as well. About damn time!

The more I watch, the more I think the offensive coaches needed time to learn how to run an offense with a garbage OL.  It took a long time, but we are now seeing creative formations and playcalling.  They are actually scheming their way to a successful offense, in spite of the OL play.  I also think they finally see what they have in Tua, and they are putting him in position to succeed.  The short passing game isn't what we want, but it's working with an OL that can't pass protect or run block.  Get the ball out quick and move the chains, and hit the big plays when you can - that's the focus now.  

That formation where Gaskin scored his second TD on a direct snap - as I detailed in the game thoughts - was simply phenomenal.  Brilliant design.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:36 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:I see the co-OCs finally figured out a way to have Waddle catch passes traveling more than 5 yards in the air as well. About damn time!

The more I watch, the more I think the offensive coaches needed time to learn how to run an offense with a garbage OL.  It took a long time, but we are now seeing creative formations and playcalling.  They are actually scheming their way to a successful offense, in spite of the OL play.  I also think they finally see what they have in Tua, and they are putting him in position to succeed.

Nah, it's just that Grier and Flores now both realize Tua *has* to do well so they both won't get fired. But hey, if that's what it takes to get this team to win then so be it! cheers

Flores can clearly coach, and his teams get better after midseason, but he keeps working against himself with how he's handled his offensive assistants and his ridiculous challenge game.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:08 pm

BTW - one thing that doesn't show up in the stats is how Tua moves within the pocket.  His footwork and ability to trick defenders with head bobs, shoulder shakes, etc. are things you expect from veteran QBs - not from a guy that's barely played enough games to make up a full season.  Those types of things really make a difference.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:11 pm

Smart Guy 
@SmartJames1981
· 6h
Tua will have 5 games to make history. Drew Brees (2018) & Kirk Cousins (2019) hold the record for most games in a season at or above 80% with 4 games. Tua has 3 games over 80% in the last 6 games. He needs 1 more game to tie record.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:37 am

JMP wrote:
Smart Guy 
@SmartJames1981
· 6h
Tua will have 5 games to make history. Drew Brees (2018) & Kirk Cousins (2019) hold the record for most games in a season at or above 80% with 4 games. Tua has 3 games over 80% in the last 6 games. He needs 1 more game to tie record.

And furthermore:

NFL on CBS 🏈
@NFLonCBS
Back-to-back games with 80%+ comp pct, since 1950:

Tua Tagovailoa (2021)
Kyler Murray (2021)
Drew Brees (2018)
Peyton Manning (2013)

*min. 30 pass attempts each game

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:11 am

Where we lack is having a true #1 receiver, the offensive line, and a running back.

Waddle might be a true #1 in the Tyreek Hill mode.  No he's not physically imposing like a DeAndre Hopkins or AJ Brown, but he's a weapon and a threat because of his elite speed and quickness.  

He's made too many receptions to be catching defenses by surprise, there's no doubt Carolina tried to take him away but failed.

I agree with the spirit of what you wrote, in that yes I would like to add a legit boundary threat to the receiving corps it's a missing piece for us right now. However, I would prioritize offensive line first, and running back second over acquiring another wideout. With our cap space we can probably get all three in free agency, but I'd fill the first two pieces before addressing receiver...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:20 am

white1 wrote:
Where we lack is having a true #1 receiver, the offensive line, and a running back.

Waddle might be a true #1 in the Tyreek Hill mode.  No he's not physically imposing like a DeAndre Hopkins or AJ Brown, but he's a weapon and a threat because of his elite speed and quickness.  

He's made too many receptions to be catching defenses by surprise, there's no doubt Carolina tried to take him away but failed.

I agree with the spirit of what you wrote, in that yes I would like to add a legit boundary threat to the receiving corps it's a missing piece for us right now. However, I would prioritize offensive line first, and running back second over acquiring another wideout. With our cap space we can probably get all three in free agency, but I'd fill the first two pieces before addressing receiver...

The issue with Waddle, in this system, is lack of big plays. Yesterday's was his biggest of the season. A big bodied #1 receiver not named Parker could really open up the offense. Take pressure off off Waddle and let him work underneath and over the middle more.

Outside of Waddle the receivers have been a disappointment. No way I bring back the injured receivers next year. We currently have 1 receiver that can be counted on. That's not enough.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:26 am

I don't think it matters which positions we prioritize on offense. WR, RB and OL are all major needs, and all must be addressed - the order of what we do when doesn't matter as long as they are all addressed.

BUT...before we even think about players, the #1 priority is OL coach - and that MUST be addressed immediately.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:09 pm

This is gold right here:

Chris Kouffman
@ckparrot
Nov 30

Since the passing of the trade deadline one month ago, effectively ending speculation about Miami trading for Deshaun Watson in 2021, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has fewer incomplete passes (15) than quarterback Deshaun Watson has allegations of sexual misconduct (24).

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next