The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins

+2
JEGnj
Degarmo
6 posters

Go down

Report:  Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins Empty Report: Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins

Post by Degarmo Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Report:  Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins Empty Re: Report: Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins

Post by JEGnj Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Strike one on Coyle or the Fins?
For Coyle YES for Fins not really he was offered DC job not HC maybe he is waiting for a HC gig.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Report:  Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins Empty Re: Report: Jim Schwartz Turned Down Dolphins

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:39 pm

From the link.

The former Lions head coach from 2009-13 is currently working with NFL officials after having the role of Bills defensive coordinator last season.

Huh??? What??? I cannot imagine what a guy like Schwartz could possibly contribute in this capacity, unless it's advising officials on exactly what dirty tactics players have been getting away with for years, or something along those lines. That's like hiring an ex-Isis member to work in the FBI Shocked

Also, I don't understand why you can't just fire a guy anymore. How hard can it be??? If you plan on firing him anyway then why should you care about his feelings? "Real world" businesses certainly have no problem doing it. Just promote Duffner already and be done with it!

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Interesting that none of the Dolphins beat writers have reported anything about Schwartz, that I've seen.  Seems like a big story to me.

If true, it's amazing that the Dolphins are once again talking to outside coaches while the incumbent coach is still on staff...guess Ross has learned nothing.

And - why would Schwartz, or any 'outside' coach for that matter, take a job on this staff without knowing what will happen at season's end?  It may be just a 12-game gig...I don't see anyone signing up for that.

Last edited by JMP on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:50 pm

I was actually all for talking to Schwartz. He'd have been a better option than anyone else on staff for sure. To me it was worth a shot. At least Ross and Tannenbaum didn't set up the worst-kept covert meeting in human history to do it this time Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:31 am

...the Dolphins considered former Falcons head coach Mike Smith, former Lions coach Jim Schwartz and former Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551627/article/dolphins-discussed-three-exhead-coaches-for-dc-job

i agree with JMP's comment that any coach that is hoping for long-term, near-future employment will not touch this shit-infested pool of 12-week garbage.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:44 am

So if the Phins are talking to all these other coaches, why is Coyle still with the team??? WTF???

This team just can't do anything right.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:41 am

Schwartz has Buy-out with the Bills basically not to coach, So I don't blame Him for taking the easy money and staying in New York and work for the League.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 am

finskev wrote:Schwartz has Buy-out with the Bills basically not to coach, So I don't blame Him for taking the easy money and staying in New York and work for the League.

He's also a pretty big-name coach, at least on defense. It seems to me that it could only hurt him to take this position when there's a high likelihood that he'll be out of work after the season. Really makes no sense for him to take the Phins job IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

one of the reasons that the Phins are being forced to look outside the organization and have thus for not fired Coyle (or Lazor) is because none of the worthy in-house candidates are willing to take the job. nobody wants to have their name tied to the train-wreck that is coming.

There is no one on the staff that is apparently willing and capable of replacing either Bill Lazor or Kevin Coyle as coordinators.

So executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum has to go looking outside the organization in search of help. This is practically an impossible assignment at the start of October, four games into the season. Teams in need of assistants usually find them in January and February -- eight months before the start of the next season.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/10/dolphins-adding-al-saunders-as-consultant.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:37 am

mercury22nathan wrote:one of the reasons that the Phins are being forced to look outside the organization and have thus for not fired Coyle (or Lazor) is because none of the worthy in-house candidates are willing to take the job.  nobody wants to have their name tied to the train-wreck that is coming.

Do the current Fins assistants not realize that their "names" are already tied to the "train wreck" that's already occurred? Are they really so ignorant as to believe they'll even be employed by this team a year from now? Do they not understand that coaches get recycled no matter how embarrassingly badly they screwed up with previous teams? Coyle and Lazor are just going to drag down all their assistants with them regardless, so why WOULDN'T you want them gone?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down