The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do we pick?

+4
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who do we pick?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do we pick?

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 am

JEGnj wrote:With losing our 1st round pick and Tua's concussions I really have zero draft interest this year. I'll just see who we pick and the discussions afterwards.

That's how I feel as well. This team sucks all the draft excitement right out of me. I'll be watching Battlebots tonight from 7 to 9 and then maybe check the interwebz to see who drafted who, then go to bed.

Everybody watching the draft is in for a nasty surprise. Hal knows what I'm talking about but man oh man do I feel bad for the rest of you guys...

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:59 am

Now before anyone Turns Blue waiting on My Picks for 51 :

G O'Cyrus Torrence Florida: I have seen Two Mocks with Him going at #51 to the Fins, being a True G they Drop in the Draft like Rb's do.

ILB'S I like Simpson, Sanders, Campbell: Simpson won't be there and I would take Campbell before Sanders due to size and ability to take on blockers.

TE: Musgrave and Laporta Both are Average Blockers but Laporta has more Film and Production in College.

These All Look like need picks but they could BPA depending on Who above us start reaching Cough Cough Raiders .

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:02 am

finskev wrote:Now before anyone Turns Blue waiting on My Picks for 51 :

G O'Cyrus Torrence Florida: I have seen Two Mocks with Him going at #51 to the Fins, being a True G they Drop in the Draft like Rb's do.

ILB'S I like Simpson, Sanders, Campbell: Simpson won't be there and I would take Campbell before Sanders due to size and ability to take on blockers.

TE: Musgrave and Laporta Both are Average Blockers but Laporta has more Film and Production in College.

These All Look like need picks but they could BPA depending on Who above us start reaching Cough Cough Raiders .

OMG if he was the pick I would do a little dance, make a little love, and get DOWN tomorrow night cheers Cool

And yes, I WAS wondering when you'd post. I wasn't turning blue just yet, but I was starting to get a bit of a pinkish/purplish hue.

DolFan 316

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:28 am

finskev wrote:

WOW! That would be absolutely excellent and just might be the best-case scenario for the Phins!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:02 am

Yep, if Torrence makes it to #51 and Grier does not pick him I will officially have moved over to the dark side with DF316. Grier Gots to go!!!

After studying all the crapola out there, I am almost-about to-decided to (un)officially say TE Sam LaPorta is the Phins pick at #51.

I did hear some speculation from So. Fla. awhile back that LaPorta is being referred to as Kittle-like by McD!!! And then that dried up like a California water reservoir in a drout!!

I think all these names we would like to see the Phins get are going to be snapped up way higher than we think, and... The Phins take the BPA (who just by chance, by mere "coinkydink", no really, he was BPA...) happens to fill a big NEED for the Phins.

LaPorta ain't a great blocker, but if you watch some of his tape, you see why he gets called Kittle-like IMO.

And if LaPorta turns out to be like Kittle, it will be a great pick. But even while I am making this post I keep agreeing with JMP, that any offense with WADDLE AND HILL just will not need to throw to the TE that much. And TE Brenton Strange is great blocker? And can be had late I am thinking?

And how great would it be to pick up a 3rd or dare we hope for, a 2nd round pick in next years draft?

We shall see.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:33 pm

I'd be very happy with Torrance or DJ Turner re: the prior mentions. La Porta is a fit too.

Final PFF attempt through Round 3, with no trades 'cuz I'm too cheap to subscribe

51. Luke Musgrave, TE. I personally don't like his injury history, but that's never stopped Grier or the Fins. Not loving it if he's the BPA, but can't deny it's a solid value here.

Bergeron and Phillips are among those still on the board.

84. Tyjae Spears, RB Still here with Achane gone in this scenario. Spears might well be the better pro IMO.

PFN:

Two good trade offers at 51. Gibbs is BPA by their numbers. I'd love to trade down to 60 or 63 but I think in this scenario McDaniel would take him.

51. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB

84. Sam LaPorta, TE Still here, trade offers were to go down at least 15 spots. Hate to keep not addressing O-line here or recouping picks, but these two guys would make an immediate impact.

197. Terell Smith, CB, Minnesota. Underrated in this scenario IMO, good value here.

238. Spencer Anderson, OL, Maryland Experience at RT and C as starter.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:58 pm

Nice drafting, Hal.

I think if the Phins ignore RB in this draft, it may mean they have their sights set on Cook after June 1st?

Or it could just be Grier thinks he is set at RB?

I just REALLY hope Grier does something that looks like a great draft. We may change our minds in 2 or 3 years, but I would dearly love to be happy about this draft.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:32 pm

I kinda like LaPorta, but wonder if he has the blocking chops the Phins are looking for. I suspect he doesn't.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2