The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates

+2
white1
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates Empty Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates

Post by JMP Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Starting left guard Josh Sitton has some sort of mystery injury...

Cameron Wolfe wrote:@CameronWolfe

Adam Gase said LG Josh Sitton took a “weird hit” and got “banged up.” He’s currently undergoing tests. Sitton didn’t practice Wednesday. Gase wouldn’t reveal what body part is injured.
2:04 PM - Sep 12, 2018 · Davie, FL

Armando Salguero wrote:@ArmandoSalguero

I ask Adam Gase if Josh Sitton injury is serious because banged up doesn't sound like that. And he won't say it is not serious.

Says tests ongoing. Says took a weird hit. Won't say what body part involved.

Season collapsing!!!!!!
2:01 PM - Sep 12, 2018

John Denney should be fine for Sunday.  That's great news!    Cool

DeVante Parker was practicing in individual drills.  Chris Perkins reported that he had his index and middle fingers taped together.  No word on his availability for Sunday.

My guess is that Sitton is fine...Gase is just trying to "trick" the Jets, as if their gameplan hinges on the left guard.  Rolling Eyes

I'm also assuming that Parker won't play, if he's not up to doing any team drills yet.  But Thursday is usually the day that determines player status for the game, so we'll see...

Last edited by JMP on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates Empty Re: Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates

Post by white1 Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:00 pm

This Jets defense has me.... queasy
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates Empty Re: Josh Sitton out for the season + other injury updates

Post by Degarmo Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm

If he is trying to trick them, then it can mean two things. He has an outside running game plan going into the game, and/or he wants the Jets to stack the middle to keep the tackles clean. With our center's size, stacking the middle may equal Tannehill injured.

I guess it can also mean that the guy's just hurt, but we shall see.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:06 pm

The thing that concerns me with the Sitton injury is that he had to undergo tests.  You don't need tests if you just got "banged up".  Well, maybe a pregnancy test, but that's not applicable here. jocolor

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Armando posted the injury report, and Sitton has a shoulder issue. Stay tuned...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:06 pm

I can totally believe Gase would resort to lame mind games like this. Rolling Eyes

I can also totally believe Sitton will turn out to be injured for the season.

Oh well, at least they won now so we won't have to see them start 0-8 or whatever.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 am

Sitton is not practicing today...which probably means he won't play Sunday barring a miracle.

I guess Larsen is the next man up, but I'm not sure if he is fully recovered from his preseason knee injury. I haven't heard anything about him.

Larsen is not a particularly good guard, but he can hold the fort for a game or two. But if he's not yet ready, I have no idea who the LG will be.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:59 am

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article218325345.html

Adam Beasley wrote:Dolphins guard Josh Sitton missed his second consecutive practice with a shoulder injury Thursday, raising further doubt that he will play Sunday against the Jets.

Sitton, 32, has missed three or more games in each of the last two years, but the Dolphins were confident enough in his durability to give him a two-year, $13.5 million contract this offseason.

If Sitton cannot go, it would be a huge blow to an offensive line that was supposed to be a strength of the team. Ted Larsen would presumably start at left guard in his place. However, there is a chance they move Jesse Davis from the right to left side and plug Larsen in at right guard.

If they move Davis to LG, that would be so Dolphins...one guy gets injured, so you have to change two positions to handle it. So much for OL continuity...

Hopefully Sitton has a miraculous recovery, because that Jets' DL is going to feast without him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Bad timing. The Jets defense looks sound, and that's always been a strength under Bowles.

Our defense MUST step up to match their intensity. I know Darnold is likely going to be good.... but he's still a rookie. You can confuse him with coverages and hopefully get turnovers.

By the way, I was probably too hard on the defense in my review after last game. Three turnovers is a very good game, and turnovers are better than sacks, tackles for loss, etc. Taking the ball away can really impact a game, and it did - we won.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm

white1 wrote:

By the way, I was probably too hard on the defense in my review after last game.  Three turnovers is a very good game, and turnovers are better than sacks, tackles for loss, etc.  Taking the ball away can really impact a game, and it did - we won.

I don't know...too many missed tackles and wide open receivers for my liking, and we clearly still have no ability to cover a damn TE. And the run D was weak. I'm just glad the Titans more or less abandoned the run and left Henry on the bench. You can only play the cards you're dealt, and a win is a win...but IMHO the Miami D did not play well enough to beat a good offense.

The D needs to bring their "A" game Sunday, because with all those roll-outs Darnold can buy time and his receivers will definitely get open against our safeties and LBs. That Jets' receiving corps is no joke - those guys are not household names, but it's a very strong group: Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse and Pryor.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 am

Well our free agent "luck" continues... Sitton out for season according to PFT:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/report-josh-sitton-to-miss-remainder-of-season/

Apparently he has a history of injuries. Two teams punted on him regardless of his talent when healthy.

Like I said. This regime lives and dies on their own choices. Better have a backup plan in place.

Is Incognito still available?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:04 am

(Ahem.)

DolFan 316 wrote:I can also totally believe Sitton will turn out to be injured for the season.

And once again, this team finds a way to even make a win feel like a loss.

Good thing none of us were expecting anything, right? Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:09 am

I cannot make this stuff up...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article218345440.html

Neither the Dolphins nor Sitton are absolutely certain when the injury happened. It seems the player felt a strain on one play, continued playing and later took a hit, which may have completed the tearing of the rotator cuff. A key frustration for the Dolphins is that Sitton was actually on special teams when he initially hurt himself.

There are no words. silent

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 am

Why would you use your starting left guard and arguably best lineman on special teams? Especially given his injury history? Because Dolphins, that's why.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:41 am

Wow, the Dolphins couldn't fix a position in the draft so they threw a bunch of money at an aging free agent and it didn't work out??? I am absolutely shocked! Shocked

Same shit, over and over and over.

So, let me see if I have this right: Sitton is so fragile that the coaches were afraid to let him practice for most of the preseason...yet he's able to play special teams in addition to taking every snap on offense when the regular season starts. Huh? scratch

It's just so Dolphins...player gets injured yet plays the entire game and there's no mention of it, then the next day the head coach says something "weird" happened to him, and then all of a sudden he's lost for the season. This team is pure comedy gold for the rest of the league...a big fucking joke.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 am

JMP wrote:It's just so Dolphins...player gets injured yet plays the entire game and there's no mention of it, then the next day the head coach says something "weird" happened to him, and then all of a sudden he's lost for the season.  This team is pure comedy gold for the rest of the league...a big fucking joke.

To be fair, this same shit's been happening with this team for about the last 20 years. I blame the medical staff. You can't blame the coach if the medical staff initially tells him the player will be okay, and then does a 180 a few days later. This is exactly why I said what I did about him being out for the season. Just had that feeling.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 am

True, this medical staff is godawful and has been for ages - but the head coach is clueless anyway. He didn't even know Denney was injured. The whole organization is clueless, but we knew that already. No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 am

JMP wrote:Sitton is so fragile that the coaches were afraid to let him practice for most of the preseason...yet he's able to play special teams in addition to taking every snap on offense when the regular season starts.

so fucking true!! makes no damn sense. but hey, when you're carrying 5 RBs, 4 QBs and TEs and don't have a backup center (as of the time of the Titans game) you don't have enough backup linemen for special teams. this was a situation created by roster mismanagement.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:Sitton is so fragile that the coaches were afraid to let him practice for most of the preseason...yet he's able to play special teams in addition to taking every snap on offense when the regular season starts.

so fucking true!!  makes no damn sense.  but hey, when you're carrying 5 RBs, 4 QBs and TEs and don't have a backup center (as of the time of the Titans game) you don't have enough backup linemen for special teams.  this was a situation created by roster mismanagement.

Great observation, merc.

We are carrying extra players at all those positions just to have them on the inactive list. I just can't understand the logic behind carrying 4 QBs...makes no sense whatsoever. We could certainly use one of those QB spots for a lineman to play special teams on gameday.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:30 am

Tannehill may as well just fake an injury on the first snap, claim PTSD, and retire, as opposed to the beating he's about to incur, until his body gives out.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Well, that sux, but then again, as everyone has pointed out... SO DOLPHIN!!!  

This bunch terds running this franchise continue to screw the (long dead from previous brutal effing's) Pooch....over and over....

In any event....

I learned LONG AGO not to put too much stock in Week 1. You are never as bad or as good as you looked in week 1. Unless you are. Rolling Eyes

Jets looked GREAT. I figured Darnold might be the stud QB of the draft. He looked WAY BETTER than a rookie should look. And the Jets D....With Bowles, that D always seems to be tough.

Now, all that said, maybe it was a case of the Lions being stinkweed bad!! They can't run, Stafford couldn't throw, the Line couldn't block...it was just a bad game all over for the Lions. And their D...egad!!!

I am HOPING the Jets were not as good as they showed on the road. And that maybe the Lions were just really out of sorts, or maybe stink?

On the Phins D - What is anyone expecting differently? The defense seems to be predicated on don't give up the big play, and HOPE the QB is inaccurate and makes a mistake. All of the underneath WRs are wide open. Crossing routes are always open. The Phins LBs couldn't cover me and I am old and slow. Teams with good Offenses and semi-great QBs feast on the Phins D. And nothing we have seen should change our minds.

We have to hope the Phins can someway, somehow make Darnold inaccurate, or hope he is just off target.

And conversely, hope like HECK the Phins get some sort of ground attack with Drake and Gore. That is gonna be the only hope IMHO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down