The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cracraft back

4 posters

Go down

Cracraft back Empty Cracraft back

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:33 am

the Dolphins activated River Cracraft off the IR. and how did they make room for him...

To make room for Cracraft, the Dolphins waived cornerback Kelvin Joseph. A 2021 second-round pick whom Miami acquired from the Dallas Cowboys for Noah Igbinoghene on roster cutdown day, Joseph appeared in four games, primarily on special teams. He was inactive in four of the team’s last five games.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article281836368.html

and there it is. the end of the Iggy saga. the Phins have gotta get some good karma now, right?

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cracraft back Empty Re: Cracraft back

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:38 am

Cracraft coming back is going to be under the radar on a national level, but it's huge for the Dolphins. He understands exactly what McD wants, and he has a knack for getting open and making key plays. Very good route runner, and he can block.

Kelvin Joseph was always going to be expendable, but at least we got 4 games out of him - probably more than we would have gotten from Iggy.

I wonder who gets cut when Achane gets added to the roster? Maybe Chosen?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:55 am

JMP wrote:I wonder who gets cut when Achane gets added to the roster?  Maybe Chosen?

You know who *my* choice would be. At least Chosen did something. Even one long TD catch is still better than You Know Who has or will contribute.

Spoiler alert: his name rhymes with stay cool Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:56 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I wonder who gets cut when Achane gets added to the roster?  Maybe Chosen?

You know who *my* choice would be. At least Chosen did something. Even one long TD catch is still better than You Know Who has or will contribute.

Claypool did have a key block on a TD and recovered a fumble, so he has contributed something.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:02 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

hahaha.

but its a good question. looking at the depth chart, i would have to think Chosen or Cameron Goode, but maybe Goode has ST value. at DB, perhaps Needham & Ramsey's return makes Bethel or Apple expendable (does Apple play ST?). it probably should be Cam Smith, but they aren't gonna part ways with him. perhaps someone else gets mysteriously injured in practice and goes on the IR creating an open space?

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:04 am

JMP wrote:Claypool did have a key block on a TD and recovered a fumble, so he has contributed something.

Now how do you know that's who I was referring to, hmm? Wink Razz

Besides, you don't trade for a WR so he can have one decent block all season and nothing else. A practice squad guy could do that much.

But I'm going to check myself and keep my good mood going because this is NOT the week to be complaining about stuff. I'll save that for the "I knew it was too good to be true" Raiders loss. Razz Wink

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:07 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I'll save that for the "I knew it was too good to be true" Raiders loss. Razz Wink

bite your tongue!! Razz

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:10 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:I'll save that for the "I knew it was too good to be true" Raiders loss. Razz Wink

bite your tongue!!  Razz

But seriously, even *I* don't think they'll actually lose to the Raiders. I do think the offense will score less than what we're used to seeing and it'll be a closer game than some people here think but if I'm being honest a loss is pretty much inconceivable to me.

Now the Jets game on the other hand... affraid

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:13 am

another thought about JMP's question... with Mostert, Wilson and now Achane soon to return, could the Phins waive Ahmed thinking he won't get picked up and they re-sign him to the PS?

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:16 am

mercury22nathan wrote:another thought about JMP's question...  with Mostert, Wilson and now Achane soon to return, could the Phins waive Ahmed thinking he won't get picked up and they re-sign him to the PS?

You literally just gave me an idea on how Grier could get Carter just in time for him to spill the beans on the Jets, MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:17 am

mercury22nathan wrote:another thought about JMP's question...  with Mostert, Wilson and now Achane soon to return, could the Phins waive Ahmed thinking he won't get picked up and they re-sign him to the PS?

I thought about that too. With Brooks probably gone for the season, I'd hang onto Ahmed because of the injury history of Mostert, Wilson and now Achane. You're right that he may not get picked up by another team, but it is possible.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:18 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

You literally just gave me an idea on how Grier could get Carter just in time for him to spill the beans on the Jets, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Not sure there's much to spill about the Jets' offense! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:20 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Claypool did have a key block on a TD and recovered a fumble, so he has contributed something.

Now how do you know that's who I was referring to, hmm? Wink Razz

Besides, you don't trade for a WR so he can have one decent block all season and nothing else. A practice squad guy could do that much.

Claypool's acquisition was all about his size/speed/athleticism, upside, and blocking ability. You're not finding that on a practice squad.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:14 am

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

You literally just gave me an idea on how Grier could get Carter just in time for him to spill the beans on the Jets, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Not sure there's much to spill about the Jets' offense!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Carter is signed by Phins. They question him.

"Tell us about the Jets Offense?"

Carter: "They suck!"

"Yeah, that goes along with our research. What about Zach?"

Carter: "He sucks! But don't never introduce him to your mother or heck, even your grandmother!!"

Laughing

I don't think Carter will make it all the way through waivers will he?

And the Jets have Izzy Abanikanda, a much better RB than Carter IMO, ready to come back I think?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:54 am

JMP wrote:

I thought about that too.  With Brooks probably gone for the season, I'd hang onto Ahmed because of the injury history of Mostert, Wilson and now Achane.  You're right that he may not get picked up by another team, but it is possible.

i'd watch the Berrios hamstring injury too. he might be a convenient add to the temporary IR to make space for Achane. he really hasn't done much of note - and i'm sure someone else can return punts and kicks - especially as Cracraft should take some of his offensive snaps.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:39 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:

I thought about that too.  With Brooks probably gone for the season, I'd hang onto Ahmed because of the injury history of Mostert, Wilson and now Achane.  You're right that he may not get picked up by another team, but it is possible.

i'd watch the Berrios hamstring injury too.  he might be a convenient add to the temporary IR to make space for Achane.  he really hasn't done much of note - and i'm sure someone else can return punts and kicks - especially as Cracraft should take some of his offensive snaps.

Problem is, the Fins can only activate a player from IR four more times. There's still almost half a season left, they need to be judicious with it.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down