The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12 Game Thoughts: Dolphins at Jets

+5
mercury22nathan
JEGnj
Umix10
DolFan 316
JMP
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 12 Game Thoughts: Dolphins at Jets - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 12 Game Thoughts: Dolphins at Jets

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:22 am

white1 wrote:By that I mean you pay for food and drinks in advance. 😀

Okay, that's better Very Happy I should've known you wouldn't be going to a woke resort. For one thing you'd likely not be welcome there anyway for...reasons.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Week 12 Game Thoughts: Dolphins at Jets - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 12 Game Thoughts: Dolphins at Jets

Post by CarsonChris Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:37 am

I was watching the game in the second quarter when my WiFi froze. I missed Tua's first INT. I saw the second one. I can't speak on the first. The second one was a little behind the receiver. On his side instead of in front. It was a good play by Jets secondary. 

The Holland INT was fantastic. 

Player of the game, Mostert. Dude was balling out there and playing heads up football. 

Phillips will be missed. Hopefully he recovers from what could be a career ending injury. He had to drive off that leg. If the tendon can't hold up the career is in jeopardy. 

Tua didn't have a great game but most quarterbacks have trouble with the Jets D.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:44 am

CarsonChris wrote:I was watching the game in the second quarter when my WiFi froze. I missed Tua's first INT. I saw the second one. I can't speak on the first. The second one was a little behind the receiver. On his side instead of in front. It was a good play by Jets secondary. 

The Holland INT was fantastic. 

Player of the game, Mostert. Dude was balling out there and playing heads up football. 

Phillips will be missed. Hopefully he recovers from what could be a career ending injury. He had to drive off that leg. If the tendon can't hold up the career is in jeopardy. 

Tua didn't have a great game but most quarterbacks have trouble with the Jets D.

I'm actually hoping Phillips has the same procedure Rodgers did, seeing as he's already rarin' to go again. Just ask him. But seriously if this new procedure is the real deal Phillips could be back to normal well before August.

As for Tua he seems to throw a pick six VS the Jets every other game and play badly against them, but yet he always beats them too and that's what really matters Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:55 am

Jegni - Way to represent!

Merc - I guess you never told "asshat" that he might end up "sleeping with the fishes"?

Tua is not great at improvising as Umix states (IMHO). I'd much rather he ran the ball and took time off the clock in those situations.

I watched the game and somehow missed the fact Jackson got kicked out. I knew Kion got put in, but...Muting the commercials and I must have missed some of the endless commentary...

Anyway, the Phins got 167 yards rushing with not three, but four backups on the Oline!!

Nice.

This is the first game I have actually WATCHED all the way through in a long while. I usually record and watch later so as to avoid having to ENDURE commercials and the blather DF316 finds intolerable, as do I, I might add.

8-3 and lets hope the Phins can keep rolling along.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:23 am

We were parting and having a great but you miss so much. I watched the replay and enjoyed. it but I have to ask How the heck did Tua lose a chunk of arm? I saw it but never saw an explanation.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:17 am

I will give Sanders some Love was Nice to see Him drill that 54 Yarder, Wilkins Pancaked someone which show he could switch sides if He wanted to. I'm going to watch the replay because Prime kept buffering out on Me so I Turned it Off when it was 20-6. This 3 Turnovers a Game Crap needs to Stop before we play someone that can take advantage of it.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:00 pm

CC and Kev's stories of how their streams kept cutting out on them is why I'd rather have my eyes gouged out with red hot pokers than pay for streaming "services". And from what I've been hearing a lot of other people now feel the same way. I could see this sort of thing happening in the mid '90s but there's NO excuse for it to be going on now. Then again it's just so 2020s for companies to charge you more money while giving you less for it than ever.

(This is FAR from the first time I've found out about people paying for streams that crap out on them BTW. I'm starting to think it's one of those "new normals" I keep being told by the cool kids I have to accept.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:09 pm

JEGnj wrote:We were parting and having a great but you miss so much. I watched the replay and enjoyed. it but I have to ask How the heck did Tua lose a chunk of arm?  I saw it but never saw an explanation.

I didn't see it happen, but apparently it was a from a Jets helmet. Pretty nasty.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:26 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:Remember my plan. Wife goes shopping and I watch the game with the dog, nachos and beer. Well…. At Tgiving yesterday my niece (who moved to NYC for her job last year) shows up with new bf - some slick Wall Street ahole. So my wife (who will probably be anointed sainthood based on tolerating me), upon finding out this Westchester county jackoff is a Jets fan, invites him over for the game. WHAT?!?!  You did WHAT?!?!  Ok, to get to the point…

Me: hey asshat stop cheering those interceptions. Look at the score your team sucks.
Him: if Rodgers doesn’t get hurt, we win the Super Bowl.
Me: asshat says what?
Him: what?
Me: bahahahaha
Him: I don’t get it.
Me: I know.

So now my wife is mad at me and I’m ready drunk. So how was I supposed to know his name isn’t “ Hey fuck face get outta my house”?

Anyways, I’m tired of complaining after victories. Yea, Tua wasn’t that great. So what. We won. I don’t give a shit. Hopefully I didn’t type anything I’m gonna regret. I think I’m watching Oregon Oregon St but everything is a bit blurry but them some ugly uniforms.

I love Pabst blue ribbon. So what.

Absolutely EPIC, merc! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:45 am

Armstead is considered day to day, but is expected to miss a few games. No word on Kendall Lamm's status yet - battling a back injury. Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:40 am

I am so tired of Armstead. This dude is just soft and brittle.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:20 am

JEGnj wrote:I am so tired of Armstead. This dude is just soft and brittle.

It's a shame, because he is a very good - even great - lineman. He just cannot stay healthy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:38 pm

Armstead has NEVER played a full season in the NFL I read somewhere.

He is a great LT... when available, but as some wit once said "The best ability is availablity!"

The Phins off season is going to be as interesting or maybe more so than last year's off season IMO.

Some very hard choices await Grier and Co. IMO.

Let's hope Grier gets the free agency period right and then pray he gets lucky in the draft!!

Shocked     Rolling Eyes      Cool
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:03 pm

finfanatic wrote:Armstead has NEVER played a full season in the NFL I read somewhere.

And you'd be right. He did make it to 15 games once, 14 two other times and 13 last season (seemed like a lot less) but now he's on course to at least match his personal worst of just 7 starts in 2016. (I don't really count his rookie season since he backed up somebody named Charles Brown (seriously) but even then according to PFR he appeared in just 6 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/ArmsTe00.htm

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:09 pm

finfanatic wrote:The Phins off season is going to be as interesting or maybe more so than last year's off season IMO.

I sure hope so considering just four guys were drafted, two of them didn't even make the team, one already is a bust, and the FA signings were arguably the most underwhelming in any Fins offseason ever.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:34 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
finfanatic wrote:The Phins off season is going to be as interesting or maybe more so than last year's off season IMO.

I sure hope so considering just four guys were drafted, two of them didn't even make the team, one already is a bust, and the FA signings were arguably the most underwhelming in any Fins offseason ever.

I would say Wynn was a home run. He might actually have solved the LG problem if he had stayed healthy. If they have him healthy next year, Grier might not draft a OG, which would be a mistake IMO.

Long has worked out too I think. It took him a minute to get the Fangio D scheme down, but he is looking good.

And let's remember, Grier re-signed, Mostert, Wilson, and Ahmed.

And... Achane? He could turn out to be a legitimate difference maker... should he ever be able to stay healthy.

That Cam Smith pick though... Grier should be fired for that alone IMO. Rolling Eyes
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Grier kicked ass in free agency this offseason IMO. Wynn, Long and Elliott were excellent, top-shelf additions. Berrios has been solid as well. Undrafted FA TE Julian Hill has been an absolute monster blocker and is a key part of the offense. And obviously trading for Ramsey was a home run, if you want to include trades as part of the overall free agent report card.

The draft...well, not looking so good. The only semi-worthwhile pick was a RB that can't stay on the field. That's two worthless drafts in a row.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:57 am

I am so tired of Armstead. This dude is just soft and brittle

He is brittle, but not soft. Armstead plays through injuries that would sideline most NFL linemen. The problem, as you described accurately, is that he's ALWAYS battling an injury, and will tolerate it until he absolutely cannot play.

The way I understand his contract structure we cannot release him this offseason. PERHAPS Grier can figure out a way to modify the contract structure give him some kind of bonus and decrease the guarantees, extend the life of the deal to reduce his cap hit. Retiring would be an option, but one of the beat writers says that's highly unlikely.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:04 am

We may be able to cut Armstead with an injury settlement and get cap relief that way, if he'd be willing to tear up his contract for a nice payout. Not sure that's even possible with a contract of that size, but who knows?

On another note, rewatching the Jets game and Tua actually had a good game. He was deadly on third down, especially in the second half, and he made some amazing passes. That precision pass to Waddle in traffic in the first half was as good a throw as you will ever see - pin-point accuracy. The INTs certainly put a damper on the day, but he had a strong game against a top defense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:31 pm

speaking of Armstead...

Left tackle Terron Armstead entered the week with a knee injury, but he was active and started in the contest. According to Pro Football Focus, Armstead gave up a hurry and pressure in his 29 pass-blocking snaps, leading to his worst overall grade of the season (59.9).

The 32-year-old also left the contest with a quad injury and didn’t return to action.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/29/dolphins-terron-armstead-sloppy-game-vs-jets/

on twitter X good ol' Omar Kelly said:

I’m rewatching the #Dolphins vs Jets game and I suspect Terron Armstead entered the game with the quadriceps injury because he wasn’t his usual self. I get it. The Jets are good, but Armstead is usually very polished. He looked sloppy vs the Jets.

https://x.com/OmarKelly/status/1729324608992468999?s=20

and then he got a response from Armstead:

This is accurate! Man I was definitely sloppy in this game and that’s unacceptable! Gotta get my shit together asap!!
I will put the work in and be better out there for my team this weekend!

https://x.com/T_Armstead72/status/1729599784539856906?s=20

first, i like that he's taking responsibility, but i'm not thrilled with the idea that Armstead feels he needs to acknowledge garbage from Kelly. just put that fool on ignore.

second, so just what injury does Armstead have? knee? quad? both? and did he have both prior - and after - the game?

however third, while its not his call, it seems Armstead believes he will play this weekend. we'll see. but would it be better to let Lamm play if Armstead is not 100% (apparently Lamm might not be either)? did the offense pick up (especially running) against the Jets after Armstead left the game or was that coincidence?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:34 pm

Interesting stuff, merc.

Armstead has been battling several injuries all season.  He can probably play through most of them, but I'm sure there are times when things get worse and he needs a break.  He's tough as an ox, I'll give him that - he wants to be out there playing no matter what.

McD said Armstead is day to day, so it wouldn't surprise me if he does play Sunday.  But more likely, he'll either be inactive or be the emergency backup for Kion Smith or Kendall Lamm (if Lamm's back is OK).

I haven't heard any updates yet on Lamm or Hunt...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2