The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Make A Deal...

+4
CarsonChris
finfanatic
white1
DolFan 316
8 posters

Go down

Let's Make A Deal... Empty Let's Make A Deal...

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:27 pm

I'll admit I could not have been more wrong about how this Jets game would go, and you guys who spent weeks clamoring for Dalvin Cook can admit how wrong you were. How about it? Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Let's Make A Deal... Empty Re: Let's Make A Deal...

Post by white1 Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:15 am

I was wrong on Cook.

Still would have loved to see this offense with Jonathan Taylor at RB 😀

Of course, NEVER at the price the Colts demanded
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:01 am

Cook is not the problem for the Jets. I doubt Jim Brown in his prime could gain many yards behind the Jets hideous Oline.

It reminds me of some of those atrocious teams Dave Dumbstedt put together for the Phins when he had lost all of JJ's players mostly. Absolute DRECK!!!

Nobody can make chicken salad out of that crapola IMO.

Saleh should probably be fired and they need to bring in an offensive HC and then draft a new QB. Ain't gonna happen though, and I am absolutely fine with that. Very Happy

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:20 am

I understand how you feel about the Jets. Almost always tough conference game. I think they will play better in two weeks. That's just the nature of rivalries. I wanted Cook and think he would cook in this offense.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:27 am

CarsonChris wrote:I understand how you feel about the Jets. Almost always tough conference game. I think they will play better in two weeks. That's just the nature of rivalries. I wanted Cook and think he would cook in this offense.

I don't. They've given every indication they've quit on Saleh, and I can't even blame them. The fly in the ointment is that Daddy Aaron has all but made it official he'd riding in on his white horse just in time for the second game. That *might* get them to play way over their heads for one time and one time only, and God knows I've seen dozens if not hundreds of games in December where teams that are fighting to make the playoffs or for better seeding lose to teams that have nothing to play for. It's become a meme at this point. But even THEN I just can't see the Jets actually winning because Rodgers would be rusty as hell and this team apparently is upset-proof.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:33 am

finfanatic wrote:Cook is not the problem for the Jets. I doubt Jim Brown in his prime could gain many yards behind the Jets hideous Oline.

You always were an artful dodger Razz Laughing

Keep in mind that when I spoke out against Cook I had no idea Achane would play like he was on Rookie difficulty in Madden Shocked

Feel free to keep posting, but I'm satisfied that the terms of the deal have been fulfilled and I'll admit to being wr...wro...wrong about this game. I definitely never would've imagined the Jets would lose after scoring on defense Shocked Shocked Shocked IMO without the Holland answer this game gets a LOT more interesting in the second half. The way it was going the Jets still probably don't win, but they likely make the Fins (and us) sweat it out like the Raiders.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:04 pm

To be honest, there were more than a few million people who wanted Cook. And the truth is I’m glad that he was greedy. We probably don’t have this discussion if RODGERS never gets hurt.

The bottom line is Miami has proved that the scheme can get you a long way in the running game. The trenches is where you invest your cap space. Armstead, Williams and now hunt and probably Jackson.

Just to be clear:

Mostert Undrafted 2.1M cap hit
Wilson Undrafted 2.1M
AHMED Undrafted 1.4M
ACHANE 3rd round 988k

Rb room just north of 6M. And to be absolutely clear we have the 2 nd ranked rushing attack in the league at 6M? Is it really about the back or the offensive line?
?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:46 pm

Umix hitting it out of the park as usual cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:30 am

What impressed me most about the Phins offense Friday was the 167 yards rushing behind a line with three backups playing!!!

Eichenberg looked kinda/sorta good in run blocking too!

Oh and DF316 - Artful dodging or not, I was decidedly against Cook and wasting that much moolah on him.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:39 pm

If you go back and watch the tape. I watched the last 3 again. It’s actually mind blowing shit. The dolphins actually gained more yards going between the tackles than outside. The WR are also part of the run game as they occasionally take hand offs and touch passes to get to the perimeter.

The other impressive thing is that game tape is helping the run game. By this I mean, teams are actually widening the DE/OLB to the motion side weakening the A/B gaps.

I kept screaming on Friday to just run it up the middle. I know against the jets it wasn’t going to be easy but…..they schemed Hill over the top they schemed edges to defend out side runs and simple logical answer was just go up the gut. Anybody not see that?

Or am I the only McDaniel wannabe!
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:40 pm

Umix10 wrote:If you go back and watch the tape. I watched the last 3 again.  It’s actually mind blowing shit.  The dolphins actually gained more yards going between the tackles than outside.  The WR are also part of the run game as they occasionally take hand offs and touch passes to get to the perimeter.

The other impressive thing is that game tape is helping the run game.  By this I mean, teams are actually widening the DE/OLB to the motion side weakening the A/B gaps.

I kept screaming on Friday to just run it up the middle. I know against the jets it wasn’t going to be easy but…..they schemed Hill over the top they schemed edges to defend out side runs and simple logical answer was just go up the gut.  Anybody not see that?

Or am I the only McDaniel wannabe!

That strategy is a lot easier against the Jets' 31st ranked run D who's faced more runs than any other team as well than it will be against the Redskins Football Team Commanders, who IMO actually have the strongest defensive interior the Fins will face all season. It's close between them and Philly. Good thing their D is weak pretty much everywhere else.

I still think they'll win, but McDaniel will need to find another way to matriculate the ball down the field. Outside running and passing's the way to go in this one methinks.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:17 pm

I almost hope Rodgers does come back for the next Dolphins game. I'd love to see our defense bury him behind that trash OL all day long.

Really, though, it would be completely idiotic for him to come back and play for that dumpster fire this year. The only reason would be to stroke his enormous ego. It would be the ultimate attention whore move.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 am

JMP wrote:Really, though, it would be completely idiotic for him to come back and play for that dumpster fire this year.  The only reason would be to stroke his enormous ego.  It would be the ultimate attention whore move.

apparently Rodgers is well aware that Douglas and Saleh are on the hot seat and any change in the current regime may very well mean his tenure in NY might not go as planned - or perhaps even be over. he's pretty much been given free reign to do as he wishes and brought in many of HIS players and coaches. no coach or GM candidate worth a hill of beans is going to come into that situation willing to give Rodgers that much power from Day 1. at the very least, a new regime is going to realize (as does the rest of world right now) the Jets have no worthy QB options (for now or the future) and finding one will be job number 1. Rodgers might get to stick around as caretaker under an unfamiliar system - or worse even, an experienced backup (if the Jets' new regime uses another first rounder on a QB - as the Packers will have to return the 1st rounder the Jets sent them for Rodgers in the first place).

the only certain way Rodgers gets to see out his vision for NY is to show folks a glimpse of what could've been in a few meaningless games and hope that's enough to save Douglas and Saleh (and his vision) for 24.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:24 am

DolFan 316 wrote:They've given every indication they've quit on Saleh, and I can't even blame them.

and i think Saleh knows it. how did he respond?

"Breece is a special talent," Saleh said. "When the ball is in his hands, we're better. But there's the grimy yards that a back has to understand that he needs to get. . . . Right now, when you press, you're trying to create explosives all over the place, and for the most part in the NFL, the O-line is going to block it for two or three yards and he's got to go find four or five. And that means lowering your shoulder, getting dirty, getting grimy, finishing runs and not trying to find ways to bounce and make people miss at the line of scrimmage all the time. . . . 95 percent of runs are body blows."

https://sports.yahoo.com/robert-saleh-breece-hall-needs-180153774.html

calling out the effort of his best offensive weapon. nothing about the crap that is the Jets o-line or the fact they have no passing game to help alleviate defenses stopping the run game. nope, Saleh criticized Hall for not run into a wall hard enough.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:55 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:They've given every indication they've quit on Saleh, and I can't even blame them.

and i think Saleh knows it.  how did he respond?

"Breece is a special talent," Saleh said. "When the ball is in his hands, we're better. But there's the grimy yards that a back has to understand that he needs to get. . . . Right now, when you press, you're trying to create explosives all over the place, and for the most part in the NFL, the O-line is going to block it for two or three yards and he's got to go find four or five. And that means lowering your shoulder, getting dirty, getting grimy, finishing runs and not trying to find ways to bounce and make people miss at the line of scrimmage all the time. . . . 95 percent of runs are body blows."

https://sports.yahoo.com/robert-saleh-breece-hall-needs-180153774.html

calling out the effort of his best offensive weapon.  nothing about the crap that is the Jets o-line or the fact they have no passing game to help alleviate defenses stopping the run game.  nope, Saleh criticized Hall for not run into a wall hard enough.

Saleh is right, I tell ya! No one is fair game, call 'em all out! Can't fire him without giving him that full season with his chosen QB! Harrumph!

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:31 am

Let me make sure to give you an Harrumph from me, Hal!

Harrumph!

Very Happy

Saleh is a great DC. But as HC... I don't know, there seems to be something missing there?

I expect AA Rod to come back because he wants to, and he gets what he wants, and it will make it all the sweeter when the Phins spank the Jets in Miami!

Heck, I say try it up the middle on the Redskins...er..Washington team...er... Commandos...er yes, it's Commanders.

And then try it outside, and then let Hill run a sweep, and then keep pounding away and go on a couple of ten minute drives that end in TDs!!

An offense that keeps the other team's offense sitting on the sidelines is what you need for a playoff stretch run IMO.

Let's hope the Phins can keep committing to the run and have success with it like they did versus the Jets.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:59 pm

Yes, the Dolphins offense really gets to a different level when they commit to running the ball. They're damn good at it. Seems like the only thing stopping the run is McD getting away from it. He stuck with it on Friday, and hopefully he learned the lesson that it is a key ingredient to success for this offense.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down