The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next possible candidates for Head Coach

+6
Degarmo
HalCHorn
white1
JMP
rightchea
DolFan 316
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Next possible candidates for Head Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Next possible candidates for Head Coach

Post by JMP Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:24 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:We all know the next coach will be Mangini. Because this team cannot have enough ex-Jets poisoning the well.

I absolutely 100% no-doubt-about-it expect Ross and Tannenbaum to go full speed ahead after Payton - and fail. By that time, any viable candidate will already have a job, and Mangini will get the job by default.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Next possible candidates for Head Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Next possible candidates for Head Coach

Post by Umix10 Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:01 pm

IDGAFF, who it the coach is to tell you the truth. I honestly think that personnel decisions and coaching are what led us to the poor showing week in and week out. Coaches and players weren't aloud to be themselves because of the somber approach that Philbin used to control the team. I'll give him that he controlled his team off the field but did nothing when they were on it.

We need to stop thinkin backwards. Cause we will never find Shula, Lombardi, or the patriots guy either. We need a coach who actually coaches his players up and not down.

Example: Tannehill was a reach when we went for it. He was the least experienced QB. We get Sherman to help ease his transition but......Why? Sherman did nothing to utilize the talent we had but only scaled it to what Tannehill knew. Enter Bill Lazor, excited but.....WHY? the eagles had way better talent there than here and Chip kelly was a lot more influential than the QB Coach (Lazor). The false sense of progression was tainted by the scaled down throws that Lazor THOUGHT would be better for Tannehill. The only thing that Taylor is doing now is not letting Landry run stupid reverse's every other play. but there's Tannehill making simple short throws to the middle. seriously 18 targets for landry? When Marshall was here he was legit but he never got targeted 18 times in one game. We never targeted just one friggin guy 18 times. Let me play Madden with Tannehill and ill show him how to read a defense.

Our scaled down passing game is just a fn long toss play really. I saw Palmer the other day take 5 shots downfield in one QTR.

the point being is we need a coach that will have the "one way or another lets see if you got guts".....right now nobody has it. Nobody has had it for the last 4-5 years. no more coddling players, we need them to play. I would keep Campbell but surround him with a better staff and more importantly a say in the players that he coaches. IMHO, a player will respond to a coach given the right circumstances. Not everyone has the attack mentality that Campbell has. There is a big disconnect between what the HC sees, what he wants to happen, what actually happens, on how these players (not his) are responding.

Just my opinion
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Umix10 wrote: 

the point being is we need a coach that will have the "one way or another lets see if you got guts".....right now nobody has it.  Nobody has had it for the last 4-5 years. no more coddling players, we need them to play.  I would keep Campbell but surround him with a better staff and more importantly a say in the players that he coaches.  IMHO, a player will respond to a coach given the right circumstances.  Not everyone has the attack mentality that Campbell has.  There is a big disconnect between what the HC sees, what he wants to happen, what actually happens, on how these players (not his) are responding.

Just my opinion

The disconnect you mention runs through the entire organization, and has for years - there's a disconnect between Tannenbaum and Hickey, a disconnect between Tannenbaum, Hickey and the head coach, a disconnect between the head coach and the players, and a disconnect among the players themselves. Everyone is doing their own thing, and it ends up being a colossal clusterfuck. It ultimately leads to all the absurd things we've seen on the field this season, from obvious uncovered blitzers being completely ignored by the Dolphin offense pre-snap, to DBs and LBs constantly being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, to Tannehill constantly throwing third down passes yards in front of the first down marker, etc. etc. All of this garbage play we've seen all season directly results from all these disconnects throughout the organization.

And the reason there is this widespread disconnect is that this team has no identity and everyone is reading from a different script. I think the most important thing the Dolphins can do this offseason is build a structure where everyone has the same vision - Tannenbaum and the next GM need to share a vision, and whoever the head coach is needs to have those same beliefs and must be able to transfer them to the players. (Ideally Tannenbaum would get shitcanned too and we'd start from scratch, but Ross won't do that.) Everyone needs to agree on the direction of the team. One voice, one vision - from top to bottom. Look at the great teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Packers...those team know exactly what they are, and everyone in the organization is on board. That's how Shula's Dolphins were.

Unfortunately, Ross is so in over his head that he has no idea how to correct it. He's just going to keep running this team into the ground.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Sports Illustrated has an article about head coaching openings.  Here's what they said about the Phins...see the part I put in bold red font - that says it all...   Sad

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/22/nfl-coaches-black-monday-sean-payton-josh-mcdaniels-tom-coughlin#

Miami: The Dolphins canned Joe Philbin after just four games and a 1–3 record this season, but interim coach Dan Campbell did not make the most of his long audition, starting strong with two quick wins before losing six of his next eight games. That means the Dolphins will be back in search of their next Don Shula, a process that has now lasted 20 years.

The assumption is that Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum will steer Miami’s coaching hire in the direction of a fellow Bill Parcells protege, and that could put either Jaguars offensive line coach Doug Marrone or Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the Dolphins’ radar screen. But owner Stephen Ross loves to swing for the fences and go for the big name, before settling for a second or third-tier hire, and that could mean he’s eyeing Sean Payton’s situation in New Orleans, with the hope that the 10th-year Saints coach (another branch of the Parcells coaching tree) can fix the game of franchise quarterback Ryan Tannehill. If not Payton, Colts head coach Chuck Pagano is reportedly also a possibility for the Dolphins.

Both Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase are likely on Miami’s short list as well, for their quarterback expertise. But I can’t see McDaniels opting for South Florida and Gase may be presented with better options. The Dolphins, with nine head coaches of varying tenures since Shula retired after the 1995 season, aren’t exactly the surest of bets these days.

“When I look at the Dolphins, I just see the Cleveland Browns of the south,” said an NFL source. “They’re a mess.”

With Tannenbaum calling the shots in the front office, Miami is expected to either re-assign general manager Dennis Hickey into a strictly personnel role, or perhaps part ways with him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 am

Armando seems to think that Doug Marrone will be a strong candidate, since Schwartz would likely be willing to serve as defensive coordinator under Marrone again and Marrone coached with the Jests (2002-2005) during Tannenbaum's tenure there.

Also seems to think that Stanford's David Shaw may be a strong candidate as well, for offensive expertise.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:19 am

I think Todd Haley. He went 10-6 with Matt Cassel. How in the fuck do you go 10-6 with that?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2