The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Norman free agent should Miami go after him

+4
JMP
DolFan 316
white1
rightchea
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Josh Norman free agent should Miami go after him - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Norman free agent should Miami go after him

Post by JMP Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:27 pm

LOL So true, FF.  I sure hope this year is different, but my expectations are low.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Josh Norman free agent should Miami go after him - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Norman free agent should Miami go after him

Post by scotgif Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:25 am

The skins broke the bank for Norman, 5 yrs, 75 mil. We did not have the money AND it could have been spent in MANY other places.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:59 am

Norman is a helluva corner and I'd love to see him on the Phins...but even if we could afford it, we have too many holes to spend that much on one player. Which is one reason why the Suh deal was a mistake.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:12 am

scotgif wrote:The skins broke the bank for Norman, 5 yrs, 75 mil. We did not have the money AND it could have been spent in MANY other places.

Screw that. If he was 25, maybe ,but I still prefer to spend on a pass rush before CB unless that CB can put points on the board like Prime Time or Patrick Peterdon.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:54 pm

scotgif wrote:The skins broke the bank for Norman, 5 yrs, 75 mil. We did not have the money AND it could have been spent in MANY other places.

You forgot that he getting $50 mil in hand

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:04 am

finfanatic wrote:As I have said before, the Suh and Tannehill cap-busting contracts are good for one thing at least; keeping Tannenbaum from going after a free agent and making him one of the highest paid free agent at his position in the league.

The Phins are going to have to do it the old fashioned way; they're going to have to earrrnnnnnn it: In the draft.

Unfortunately, that has been a teensy bit of a weak area for the Phins. Just a smidgen of weakness in the drafting area. A slightly less than stellar effort in draft evaluation. A scosh off on picking players. An iota of....

Sad

Gotta disagree on Tannehill. I think it's a brilliantly written contract with several escape hatches built in. Gotta give the team some credit on that one.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Yeah, I agree with Bird. The Tannehill contract is the least of our worries. We can really get out of that one without too much issue. The real problem is, if we have to get out of it, we've got nothing.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Degarmo wrote:Yeah, I agree with Bird.  The Tannehill contract is the least of our worries.  We can really get out of that one without too much issue.  The real problem is, if we have to get out of it, we've got nothing.

UNLESS...they take Lynch at 13 Twisted Evil

Hey, it makes more sense than taking a RB or a LB with a bum knee that high, doesn't it?

DOESN'T IT???

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2