The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

free-agent Miami

5 posters

Go down

free-agent Miami  Empty free-agent Miami

Post by rightchea Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm

here is the list of Miami's free agents

james Walker wrote:With that said, it’s time to turn the page and get prepared for the offseason as Miami tries to improve its roster. Here is a look at the pending free agents for the Dolphins:

Unrestricted

WR Kenny Stills

G Jermon Bushrod

DE Andre Branch

OLB Jelani Jenkins

TE Jordan Cameron

TE Dion Sims

S Bacarri Rambo

LB Spencer Paysinger

QB T.J. Yates

Restricted

S Michael Thomas

RB Damien Williams

DE Nick Williams

I get rid of everyone except Stills, Branch, and maybe Jenkins

rightchea

Back to top Go down

free-agent Miami  Empty Re: free-agent Miami

Post by Degarmo Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Stills, we'll have to see what kind of money he wants, because we've got near a dozen holes to fill for STARTING positions, but I'd like to keep him with the deep threat rapport he and Tannehill developed this season. I'd keep Sims because he keeps improving, and that kind of work ethic is excellent for the team, as well as the fact that his receiving skills are good now, so he's nearly a complete TE; a blocking/receiving TE for sure, but you need those. The rest can go. They're all replaceable.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm keeping Sims only if we still look to upgrade the position with a true receiving-threat TE. Sims is an ideal #2 TE. If we can get a legit #1 TE to pair with him, it would give this offense a huge boost.

Looking at that list, other than Stills there's not one player that we MUST keep...all replaceable.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:03 am

I'd consider keeping Branch, mainly because we are so thin at DE there are only so many other guys out there worth acquiring.

However, I suspect Branch will want prime DE money - and IMO that is not going to happen in Miami.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 am

Oh, and keep Sims. He really came on at the end of the year, and is an excellent blocker. I expect us to replace Cameron with a receiving TE, but Sims is just as important.

We can't afford to have so little depth that if our starting TE is injured, we are left with Marquise Gray and Dominique Jones.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:16 am

Stills is the player I'm remotely interested in signing and I'd still prefer to sign Pryor and let Stills walk. This is the deepest TE draft I've seen. No way I sign Sims unless it's very team friendly.

I think Damien Williams only got a 5th round tender. I'll bet he's gone and I'm fine with it. I'd like Drake to get more touches and I'd like our third back to be a bruiser.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:33 am

Birdmond wrote:
I think Damien Williams only got a 5th round tender.  I'll bet he's gone and I'm fine with it.  I'd like Drake to get more touches and I'd like our third back to be a bruiser.  

I can definitely live without Damien Williams. He's decent, but makes too many mental mistakes. And, he takes snaps away from Drake - who IMO needs to be more involved next season (assuming he improves his blocking...) And yes, we definitely need a big bruising back for short-yardage and goal-line situations. I wish we would add a fullback, but I know Gase doesn't use one.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 am

Birdmond wrote:Stills is the player I'm remotely interested in signing and I'd still prefer to sign Pryor and let Stills walk.  This is the deepest TE draft I've seen.  No way I sign Sims unless it's very team friendly.  

I think Damien Williams only got a 5th round tender.  I'll bet he's gone and I'm fine with it.  I'd like Drake to get more touches and I'd like our third back to be a bruiser.  

Pryor doesn't want to leave Cleveland. So keeping Stills is probably the best bet for Miami unless they some how get Mike Williams from Clemson

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Mike Williams is everything we want Parker to be. He has the "that ball is MINE, motherfucker, and you ain't getting it!" attitude on every single play that Parker just doesn't possess. Throw the ball anywhere near Williams, and he's giving maximum effort to get it every single time. But, throw the ball anywhere near Parker, and sometimes he gives max effort and sometimes he just lets the defender get it. It's all about a killer instinct and toughness - Williams was born with those traits, and Parker is trying to develop them.

Williams will never make it to the Phins and I doubt they'd take him anyway, but I'd rate him much, much higher than Parker.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down