The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: Dolphins sign TJ McDonald despite 8 game suspension

+6
Birdmond
HalCHorn
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
white1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking News: Dolphins sign TJ McDonald despite 8 game suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Dolphins sign TJ McDonald despite 8 game suspension

Post by CarsonChris Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:03 pm

One thing I've learned in life is the only person you can trust is yourself. Savior, no depth. If we need a safety in week six then we need a safety in week six. It doesn't take away the depth he adds in week ten. There's risk in every player.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Dolphins sign TJ McDonald despite 8 game suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Dolphins sign TJ McDonald despite 8 game suspension

Post by JMP Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:31 pm

CarsonChris wrote:One thing I've learned in life is the only person you can trust is yourself. Savior, no depth. If we need a safety in week six then we need a safety in week six. It doesn't take away the depth he adds in week ten.  There's risk in every player.

There's risk in every player??? Maybe, but not every player is facing an 8-game suspension and is one mistake away from a one-year ban. McDonald is a much higher risk than a non-suspended player. Hell, we don't even know what he's going to be doing during his suspension. When will he even be ready to play? Who knows? That's the risk.

And the other risk is that the Phins might assume the position is set because they signed Allen and McDonald, and have Michael Thomas back. In other words, we have two crappy free safeties and one more that won't set foot on the field for at least half the season. I'm just sick of these band-aid solutions to every position. Instead of changing a weakness to a strength, all they do is turn a weakness into a different kind of weakness. Same shit every year.

Maybe they'll surprise me at the end of the month and draft a legit safety that could fight for a starting job out of the gate. But more likely if we add a safety at all it will be yet another late round project with no real upside, like Jordan Lucas. Tannenbaum has never known how to build depth on a roster. I just hope Gase has enough power and smarts to guide him in the right direction.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:18 pm

JMP wrote:

The other risk is that the Phins might assume the position.

I think this sums it up. Very Happy

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Kenny Stills in trouble with NFL for its gambling policy. Hmm, can TJ McDonald play receiver

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 am

CarsonChris wrote:Kenny Stills in trouble with NFL for its gambling policy. Hmm, can TJ McDonald play receiver

LOL It's always something with this team!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 am

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:

The other risk is that the Phins might assume the position.

I think this sums it up.  Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:40 pm

I saw that ignorance. The arm wrestling thing. It was like more than 30+ players that had the same thing.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Eff Goodell. Better be nothing more than a small fine.

News Flash - fans dont want to see players on their team sidelined for bullshit.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm sure it'll just be a fine for Stills, if anything. Not a big deal for the Phins, but yeah, it is a stupid policy. But, even with that, these players need to know that they MUST check in with the league before they participate in any events (or ingest any supplements or medications). It's just common sense at this point, when the league is fining players for everything.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2