The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales

+6
Birdmond
mercury22nathan
JMP
DolFan 316
Umix10
rightchea
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins Signing QB David Fales

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:20 pm

re: Elder. CB is a very deep position this year; some really good prospects will drop. Just a hunch that Elder might due to being a bit undersized. I don't think he will go in the first 3 rounds, but whether he does or doesn't, there will be values at CB and DT in this draft IMO.

Hope we trade down and get more picks; this is a great year to do that considering our need positions.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins Signing QB David Fales

Post by JMP Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Good point about Elder, Hal. It's likely that we'll see some very good DBs taken in the 4th and even 5th rounds, just because DB insanely deep in this class.

I don't see Tannenbaum trading down. I think it's more likely that he'll move up a couple of times to target specific players, trading away both 2017 and 2018 picks in the process. That's what he always does. This is a draft where having more picks could pay huge dividends, but I just don't see it happening.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Sadly, I agree. I guess I'm hoping that Gase and Grier can hold some sway with Tannenbaum.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales - Page 2 Empty me too

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Birdmond wrote:I know I'm in the minority here but if I'm gambling I'm going with Chad Kelly.   If he grows up he's the best QB in this draft and it's not close.   So why not gamble with a 5th?

You and me both.

I never understood all the lack of faith in Dak last year. He played in the SEC West for four years, and was the ONLY reason Miss State was ranked #1 once.

Same thing applies to Kelly. Ole Miss rose and fell with Kelly.

On talent alone, I'd rank him near the top.

But as talented as he is, the off field stuff is a big red flag IMO.

I just wonder what Gase could do with a big armed QB if he gets him young and can mold him?

I have a hard time seeing someone not take a chance on Kelly.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Jerod Evans is the intriguing late rounder this year IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Jerod Evans is the intriguing late rounder this year IMO.

Intriguing is definitely the word with Evans.  He was absolutely dominant at Va Tech, with just one year of play he's a huge question mark.  Tons of tools to work with, and lots of teams are going to be interested for sure.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2