The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade for Bell?

+4
Degarmo
rightchea
JMP
white1
8 posters

Go down

Trade for Bell?  Empty Trade for Bell?

Post by white1 Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Can't link to the Armando article on Miami Herald because of the paywall.

Here are my thoughts.

OMG NO PLEASE NO DON'T LET THESE GUYS WASTE MORE DRAFT CAPITAL!!!

You went into the season with Drake, Gore, Ballage. Ride or die, men. STOP MAKING THE "SPLASH" TRADES to cover for the fact we have a seriously flawed roster, and quite possibly the wrong QB. And head coach. And GM. And President.

Just stop.

DO NOT MAKE THIS TRADE.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Trade for Bell?  Empty Re: Trade for Bell?

Post by JMP Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:42 pm

If the Dolphins were a team that valued the running game and had a roster that was just a RB away from being Super Bowl contenders, I could absolutely be on board with Bell. He is one of the best offensive players in the game.

But the reality is - we have a horrific OL, a coach that never runs the ball and a roster that is full of holes. And, the head coach doesn't want opinionated superstar players on his team. Given all that, I can't think of a worse scenario than Bell to Miami.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Exactly my thinking JMP. Plus, the bounty of draft picks we would give up - I can only imagine.

Great player. Not the right time. Not the right team.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:30 pm

I almost wouldn't mind the draft picks or the money, given that we usually piss away draft picks and money on garbage players. But Gase would never be able to handle Bell's personality, and he wouldn't know how to use him anyway. Bad fit.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Miami can't afford Bell. So there is no way that Miami will go after him.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Bell is an impact player, they won't get him.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Why would you go looking to give up multiple high draft picks for a Pro Bowl RB? You had one, and you gave him up for the last pick of the fourth round less than a year ago.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:43 am

HalCHorn wrote:Why would you go looking to give up multiple high draft picks for a Pro Bowl RB?  You had one, and you gave him up for the last pick of the fourth round less than a year ago.

nail, meet hammer. excellent point.

Drake has only 33 rushes through four games, and 11 of them are for loss or no gain. Sadly, this reminds me of a stretch Jay Ajayi went through around this time last season, before he was traded.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/football/the-tape-don-lie-miami-dolphins-new-england-patriots-review/yeW94v7y7sRp4DnPWlkVUJ/?platform=hootsuite

hmm, same coach, same problem. as far as the running game goes, i think it is more of a problem of a poor scheme and lack of commitment rather than the player running the ball.

Whatever happened to Kenyan Drake?

He’s the 24-year-old running back who entered this season averaging 5 yards per carry in his young career. The guy they liked enough that Jay Ajayi was expendable. The guy who led all Dolphins in fantasy drafts, so much eas expected of him.

Drake has disappeared. I keep expecting to see flyers tacked on street corners beseeching his whereabouts.

Drake was in for fewer snaps than Frank Gore on Sunday, and had only three carries for three yards. Drake’s totals the past two games: eight carries, six yards.

Start here: Make Drake your starting back, your featured back. Make that unequivocal, and stick with it.

Gore is starting, in homage to and respect for his 112-game starting streak. Enough. Drake deserves to start, and to average 20 carries a game.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article219302135.html

while Gore is a nice complementary piece, its time to pick one back and decide he's your bell-cow.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:08 am

Just run the damn ball - period. I don't care who the main back is, but you have to run the ball. Tannehill NEEDS play action to be successful, and without a running game there is no play action. We hired a damn 'run game coordinator' this offseason - let him earn his salary. You can't win in this league when your (supposed) #1 back gets 3 carries a game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:22 pm

while Gore is a nice complementary piece, its time to pick one back and decide he's your bell-cow.

I'd like to say Drake is outplaying Gore... but IMO Gore is running with more power, superior vision and is just as good a receiver as Drake.

I agree with your main point, but I think Gore has won the right to be the starter with Drake change-of-pace. That could change, hell it did change last season. We'll see.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 pm

When I came to the site just now, and saw that the title of the newest post in this forum was "BREAKING NEWS' I thought for sure the Fins had indeed traded for Bell. Thank God that wasn't true.

Although I suppose they could still do it later. Armando's in favor of it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article219303325.html

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:When I came to the site just now, and saw that the title of the newest post in this forum was "BREAKING NEWS' I thought for sure the Fins had indeed traded for Bell. Thank God that wasn't true.

Although I suppose they could still do it later. Armando's in favor of it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article219303325.html

Armando loves the idea so he can write, “ What happened to Bell, did Steelers know something we didn’t?”

No, Miami just sucks!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:54 am

miami needs to trade for a new offensive line

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down