The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking At The Schedule...

+4
scotgif
JMP
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
8 posters

Go down

Looking At The Schedule... Empty Looking At The Schedule...

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:41 am

I see the Fins losing out until the bye (4-6) then beating the Colts and Bills to get people's hopes up, then losing out from there for their third 6-10 finish in the last 4 years.

If they lose to either the Colts or Bills after the bye, then that means they probably get another of their patented meaningless wins over the Pats at home. It also wouldn't surprise me at all to see them finish 5-11, which I've been saying from the start.

Agree? Disagree? Comments welcome Smile

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Looking At The Schedule... Empty Re: Looking At The Schedule...

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 am

That's about right. Without Wilson, though, they'll be hard pressed to beat anyone. We probably don't beat Chicago or Oakland without him.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am

Don't discount the Colts so easily. They are banged up, but they are not as bad as their record. Andrew Luck can shred the Phins if he has time to throw, and there isn't one player in our secondary that can match up with Eric Ebron.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 pm

I have LONG since stopped looking at potential wins on our schedule. Sad to say, The Fins are now the team people cross off as a win.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 pm

They should have lost out last year, but came up with a great effort against a Denver team that had given up and inexplicably beat the Pats at home--though Miami usually does win that home game against New England for some reason.

I see this year basically being a rerun, with 4-7 likely before we beat the awful Bills and miraculously win against the Pats. We will lose the two remaining road games from there, but might get a 7th win if we can surprise against a Jaguars team that is really struggling too.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:27 am

Regardless of who we play, I could easily see this team going to 7-4 before losing out.

It would be so Phins to get everyone's hopes up.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:34 am

HalCHorn wrote:They should have lost out last year, but came up with a great effort against a Denver team that had given up and inexplicably beat the Pats at home--though Miami usually does win that home game against New England for some reason.

The really bizarre part is that the same Denver team who appeared to have given up (that loss was their EIGHTH straight Shocked) suddenly rose up and won their next two after that, maybe out of sheer embarrassment of having lost to the lowly Fins. You just can't ever tell how teams in that zone of "eliminated from playoff contention with more than a month remaining in the season" are going to perform any given game.

Degarmo wrote:Regardless of who we play, I could easily see this team going to 7-4 before losing out.

Actually that's already been done, in '89. I remember it well. Guys I hardly knew at the high school I'd just moved to were congratulating me on how "it looks like they might make the playoffs this year" when I had nothing to do with it. And I started believing it too. The remaining schedule was soft, this was a time when 9-7 always got a team in if they were in the AFC, what could possibly go wrong? Then they grabbed a 14-0 lead over the Steelers at home.

So of course they turned that into a 20-point loss and finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 am

Degarmo wrote:Regardless of who we play, I could easily see this team going to 7-4 before losing out.

I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening, but yes, that would be the ultimate Dolphins letdown. Either way, 7-9 seems to be the likely final record at this point.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm going with 6-10, but I want them to prove me wrong and just win out Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:04 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Actually that's already been done, in '89. I remember it well. Guys I hardly knew at the high school I'd just moved to were congratulating me on how "it looks like they might make the playoffs this year" when I had nothing to do with it. And I started believing it too. The remaining schedule was soft, this was a time when 9-7 always got a team in if they were in the AFC, what could possibly go wrong? Then they grabbed a 14-0 lead over the Steelers at home.

So of course they turned that into a 20-point loss and finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I remember that game? I think? Wasn't that one where there was a tropical deluge in the 1st or second quarter, then the sun came out, and the Phins wilted and the Steelers looked like the team that had been practicing in the steamy hot wet conditions? And the Phins collapsed like a paper suit in a rainstorm.

Oh yeah....I said it would be a miracle if this team got to 6-10, and I THOUGHT the Phins were gonna make me eat those words, but I am not so sure now.

I will stay with 6-10, but who the heck knows?

Whatever it is, if Ross sticks with the same combo he has now, he is a BIGGER IDIOT than even I reckoned, and I reckoned he was a mighty big idiot to start with!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:42 am

I can see it now, injuries get blamed yet again. "We were headed for the playoffs after a 3-0 start until the injuries just became overwhelming!"

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:39 pm

I can see it now, injuries get blamed yet again. "We were headed for the playoffs after a 3-0 start until the injuries just became overwhelming!"

It's a valid risk. Plus there is more than just a little truth to it. This squad has been decimated by injuries. All teams lose players over the regular season.... but this is ridiculous. I've lost track of how many players we have on IR but it's a lot.

If we reach the realization Tannehill is not the guy and make strong moves to find a franchise QB, frankly I don't care if the regime is retained or not.

Going "status quo" at QB would be a very bad thing for us.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Thanks everyone for replying Very Happy cheers So we're all in agreement about 5-7 wins, then?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:39 am

white1 wrote:

It's a valid risk.  Plus there is more than just a little truth to it.  This squad has been decimated by injuries.  All teams lose players over the regular season.... but this is ridiculous.  I've lost track of how many players we have on IR but it's a lot.

yes, the team has indeed been decimated by injuries, but that should not be allowed as an excuse. i get it when teams fall prey to unanticipated injuries - although teams like the Patriots don't seem to miss a beat when playing without their stars like Gronk and Edelman. but when a team chooses to build the core of their roster with aging free agents, injuries should not be considered accidents - they should be expected. look at the four most significant guys sent to IR: Hayes, Sitton, Kilgore and now Wilson. All four are free agents and three of them are over 30.

these injuries should not be considered unanticiapted, they were a built in result of the way this team was put together.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Great point.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down