The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burrow 33 Tua 13 At The Half

+2
rightchea
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Burrow 33 Tua 13 At The Half  Empty Burrow 33 Tua 13 At The Half

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 pm

I think I've seen enough. Burrow should be the Fins' pick unless another team snatches him up first, and that may well happen if he keeps up this masterpiece.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Burrow 33 Tua 13 At The Half  Empty Re: Burrow 33 Tua 13 At The Half

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Tua did play far better in the second half, but if anything I was even MORE impressed with Burrow than I was at halftime. He took the team on his back and WILLED them to victory despite his D literally trying their best to give the game away (that last TD by Bama was the absolute height of absurdity). IMO Burrow is still the man and the Fins need to recognize that.

I will even go as far as to say that Burrow reminded me of...Luck. Come at me, bros.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Tua was playing injured and it sound like his dad was a apart of the situation. Miami might not go after Tua if Burrow isn't available because of that. IMO, Miami goes after Herbert in late first round or Tua with the last first round pick

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:21 pm

rightchea wrote:Tua was playing injured and it sound like his dad was a apart of the situation. Miami might not go after Tua if Burrow isn't available because of that. IMO, Miami goes after Herbert in late first round or Tua with the last first round pick

If Grier's dumb enough to take Herbert then I riot like a millennial. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Herbert has really been coming on strong lately. I think he has to be in the mix along with Tua and Burrow. I still have Tua #1.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Tua's gonna start getting that "big game" knock so many folks like to put on QBs.

I say we keep Fitzpatrick another 5 years and see what shakes out.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:11 am

Based on what I saw today, and taking Tua's injury into account, I'd be happy with either of the two QB's we saw.

If we have a top 3 pick we should be able to get a QB worth taking.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 am

JMP wrote:Herbert has really been coming on strong lately.  I think he has to be in the mix along with Tua and Burrow.  I still have Tua #1.

Pac 12 is softer than wet tissue paper and has been the entire time Herbert's been around. Also, even in that context Oregon was still a significantly better team pre-Herbert. I saw his "comeback" VS Washington St. and was not impressed. The run game did all the work before the final drive and even then I think I saw Herbert throw maybe 2 passes that traveled more than a yard past the LOS. I'd pass, pun intended.

HalCHorn wrote:Based on what I saw today, and taking Tua's injury into account, I'd be happy with either of the two QB's we saw.

But as far as the NFL's concerned you *have* to take injuries into account. Tua seems to have frequent lower leg problems. And we all know about QBs with lower leg problems (coughCulpeppercough). IMO Tua certainly won't suck, and that level of QB can win you some games in this league, but he won't get a team to the proverbial promised land.

At any rate there are an average of 2 QBs per draft who amount to anything significant. In some drafts there aren't any at all. The last draft I recall with 3 QBs who had what you would consider successful careers is '04 (Eli, Rivers, B-Roth). I'm not talking about the kind of QB who establishes fairly early on that he's not franchise material and hangs around for over a decade as a backup, the Fins cannot afford to take someone like that after 7 years of Tannehill.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:17 am

What I'm thinking is that Ross looks at Tua and keeps having flashbacks to the '18 draft, when he wanted Lamar Jackson (seriously, this is true) sees Tua as Jackson 2.0, and gives away half a draft to get him at #1 (a pick the Fins won't have on their own) while completely ignoring Burrow. I REALLY hope I'm wrong about this.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 am

Yeah, Ross was right about Jackson. I liked him too.

But I can't see the front office leaving any stone unturned. They will keep taking QB's until they have one.

I see Burrow and Tua as head and shoulders above the rest. Herbert and Fromm below them, with Hurts helping his cause immensely and possibly playing his way into the mix. Hurts is probably Jackson 2.0 in draft terms if anyone is, really.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:30 am

HalCHorn wrote:Based on what I saw today, and taking Tua's injury into account, I'd be happy with either of the two QB's we saw.

Absolutely - and that's the bottom line.

I still see Tua above everyone else. He was absolutely fantastic in the second half, even though the ankle was getting worse. His ball placement is second to none...simply unbelievable how nearly every pass he throws is right on the money.

Burrow is great no doubt...but I see him as #2. Yesterday he missed a couple of open receivers, and I question his arm strength...a lot of his passes flutter and take too long to get where they're going. But I'd definitely be happy with him as a Phin.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Herbert has really been coming on strong lately.  I think he has to be in the mix along with Tua and Burrow.  I still have Tua #1.

Pac 12 is softer than wet tissue paper and has been the entire time Herbert's been around. Also, even in that context Oregon was still a significantly better team pre-Herbert. I saw his "comeback" VS Washington St. and was not impressed. The run game did all the work before the final drive and even then I think I saw Herbert throw maybe 2 passes that traveled more than a yard past the LOS. I'd pass, pun intended.

Yep, good points and I'm not completely sold on him - at all. But the fact remains that his combination of size, arm strength and raw skill is off the charts. He's got everything you'd want in a franchise QB - physically. I question if he has all the intangibles, but purely from a physical standpoint he's the best prospect in this class.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:18 pm

They talked about the knock on Tua which is what I also worry about. He has wide open receivers and tons of time to throw. He doesn’t look as good under pressure. I’m liking Barrow

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:48 pm

CarsonChris wrote:They talked about the knock on Tua which is what I also worry about. He has wide open receivers and tons of time to throw. He doesn’t look as good under pressure. I’m liking Barrow

Better watch out, any more talk like that and I might just develop a man crush for you Razz Wink

For some odd reason I saw none of this weak arm stuff from Burrow Jmp is talking about scratch Haven't seen or heard anyone else talk about it either, hmmm...

Oh BTW just in case there are any members of the Bengals' scouting department reading this (hey, you never know these days) Tua is still the best QB hands down and should totally be picked at #1. Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:34 pm

At the rate we are going we get the 7th pick in the draft and some bum named Hebert

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:40 pm

CarsonChris wrote:At the rate we are going we get the 7th pick in the draft and some bum named Hebert

If any team has the draft ammo to trade up to #1 or 2 it's this one. I mean, that was the point of trading away all those guys still on rookie contracts, right?

RIGHT?!?!

But I have faith that karma will reward them for making an honest effort to win and everything will turn out fine and they'll still get Burrow somehow some way Very Happy cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:08 am

I can’t see us trading two first round picks to move from6/7 to 1. Right now we pick 4. I expect 2 more victories at least.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:38 am

I don't see Miami moving up trying to get either one of those guys. Miami still needs a lot of help. Even though Miami OL and secondary has improved, Miami still need stars. Also Wilson hasn't been showing up this year so I think he might be out.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:37 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
For some odd reason I saw none of this weak arm stuff from Burrow Jmp is talking about scratch Haven't seen or heard anyone else talk about it either, hmmm...

I calls it like I sees it. I saw Burrow miss some open receivers and to my eyes it looked like an issue of velocity on the throws. the ball got to it's target too late.

Bottom line - no one in this class throws as accurately and on target as Tua. It's simply not close.

And if you want to give his receivers all the credit, then be fair and do the same for Burrow - because his receivers are just as good as Tua's. If anything, Burrow plays in a more QB-friendly offense compared to Tua.

Like I said, I'll be happy with either...but Tua is in a class by himself.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:29 pm

JMP wrote:

A lot of players are.  It's how guys like Pac Man "I liked'd the scrips clubs" Jones graduated. Very Happy

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:

A lot of players are.  It's how guys like Pac Man "I liked'd the scrips clubs" Jones graduated. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down