The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft Position

+5
JMP
white1
finfanatic
Umix10
rightchea
9 posters

Go down

Draft Position Empty Draft Position

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:32 am

With the loss that Miami suffered yesterday, Miami now has the 3rd pick in the draft. If we compare the Fins, Skins and Giants schedule, Miami might end up with the 2nd pick maybe even the first pick if the Bengals figure out how to win. so lets compare:

MIA - Miami has a tough road a head facing the Eagles, Jets and Patriots but the two most winnable games will be the Giants and the Bengals
Dec. 1st - Eagles
Dec. 8th - @ Jets
Dec 15th - @ Giants
Dec. 22nd - Bengals
Dec 29th - @ NE

WAS - Unlike the Fins, the Deadskins are have a bigger chance of dying out the season then Miami with facing all team still trying to get into the playoffs. Greenbay, Carolina and the Cowboys will be their biggest challenge.
Dec. 1st - @Carolina
Dec. 8th - @Packers
Dec. 15th - Eagles
Dec. 22nd - Giants
Dec. 29th - @Dallas

NYG - More like the NY little Giants will have to play big if they want to stay out of the top 5 in the draft. With winnable games against the Fins and the Skins, they will be less likely to move up
Dec. 1st - Packers
Dec. 9th - @Eagles
Dec. 15th - Miami
Dec. 22nd - @Was
Dec 29th - Eagles

Bengals - Dead last means winning is losing for Cinny but there is still hope. playing against the Jets and the Fins could possibly give then a 2-14 record which means they still might lead the top position with dignity
Dec. 1st - Jets
Dec. 8th - @Browns
Dec. 15th - Pats
Dec. 22nd - @Miami
Dec. 29th - Browns

Even if Miami wins against the Giants and the Bengals there is still a possibility Miami could be 3rd. Thoughts???

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Draft Position Empty Re: Draft Position

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:47 am

my thoughts are that, where the dolphins pick is irrelevant. It what they do with the picks is what really matters. I’ve been going back and forth. IMHO, you take TUA. No matter what, unless he goes back to school.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:14 pm

Yeah, they need to FIX the QB position, but I agree, who they pick will probably be far more important than where they pick.

Another Minkah Fitzpatrick instead of Lamar Jackson mistake and it will not matter how many 1st round picks Grier has.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:50 pm

my thoughts are that, where the dolphins pick is irrelevant. It what they do with the picks is what really matters. I’ve been going back and forth. IMHO, you take TUA. No matter what, unless he goes back to school.

I totally agree. My dream scenario now is Cincy takes Burrow, we take Chase Young, and then we make sure we get Tua later in the first round. It will take Grier making a calculated gamble on how far he will fall, and then likely trading up a few spots to make sure no one else jumps ahead of us to take him.

I just can't see the Bengals winning a game with that squad. I have some hope about the weird dynamic of the Browns/Bengals rivalry but that would still be only one win. Gase has his team playing well right now, I think the Jets handle them easily.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:40 pm

I swear if this happened i should be named GM

Round 1 Pick 6 (T.B.): Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A)
Round 1 Pick 21 (DAL): Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 23: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (B+)
Round 2 Pick 4: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 6 (T.B.): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (DAL): Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 4: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (T.B.): Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 17: Dontavious Jackson, OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4: Tanner Muse, SS/FS, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Chris Miller, FS/SS, Baylor (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Victor Johnson, OT, Appalachian State (A+)
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:43 pm

The schedules look tricky at this point...too early to tell. There's a lot of games against each other and also common opponents. This could come down to week 17.

In any case, if I had to guess I don't think we'll be picking at #1, But I am hoping for pick #2. Like white said, we take Chase Young at 2, and then get Tua later in the round with the Steelers' pick. I'd probably be looking at a CB with that third pick, but really all options are on the table at that point - just get the best player possible.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Umix10 wrote:I swear if this happened i should be named GM

Round 1 Pick 6 (T.B.): Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A)
Round 1 Pick 21 (DAL): Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 23: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (B+)
Round 2 Pick 4: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 6 (T.B.): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (DAL): Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 4: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (T.B.): Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 17: Dontavious Jackson, OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4: Tanner Muse, SS/FS, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Chris Miller, FS/SS, Baylor (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Victor Johnson, OT, Appalachian State (A+)

LOL That's craziest mock ever!!

If we got CY at 6, Burrow in late rd. 2 and Okudah in rd. 3 - that's an automatic "GM of the Century" award for Grier!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Great draft! There’s just no way in this world or any other that Young lasts until 6. No. Way.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:26 pm

I just wanted to mention, rightchea, your contributions lately to the board have been downright outstanding.

I feel like this team MAY have two more wins left, Giants and Browns. That said, we may catch the Jets on the end-of-season collapse after giving hope to their fans. Really we have three very winnable games, but the way the defense has been playing, I could just as easily see 5 straight losses.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Degarmo wrote:I just wanted to mention, rightchea,  your contributions lately to the board have been downright outstanding.

Agreed. Rightchea is keeping this board interesting! Cheers! cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:35 pm

Degarmo wrote:
I feel like this team MAY have two more wins left, Giants and Browns.  That said, we may catch the Jets on the end-of-season collapse after giving hope to their fans.  Really we have three very winnable games, but the way the defense has been playing, I could just as easily see 5 straight losses.

(Assuming you meant Bengals not Browns...)

The way we're playing now, after all the injuries and whatnot, I'm not sure we can beat anybody...but the Bengals and Giants are certainly the two games to mark down as possible wins.  

The Bengals showed some heart yesterday, almost beating the Steelers, and now they're going back to Dalton...so maybe they have some fight in them after all.  They could possibly win one of the games against the Browns, and of course the game against us...so who know - maybe we can still get that #1 pick and get Burrow???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

JMP wrote:The way we're playing now, after all the injuries and whatnot, I'm not sure we can beat anybody...but the Bengals and Giants are certainly the two games to mark down as possible wins.

This is why I had such a sense of urgency for them to get a win before this point, because I knew that by the time the Bengals and Giants games came around the inevitable wave of injuries would strike, rendering the Fins unable to even compete with a high school team. IMO Flores is actually proving his coaching chops by losing the last two games by less than 20. But when a team already stocked with players who don't belong in the NFL starts losing half the roster to injury there's nothing he can do.

I still want to avoid the humiliation of being the only team to lose to the Bengals and then see them take Burrow with the first pick on top of that Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm

I bet we get the third pick. We will beat Cincy. Probably lose the rest, but 3-13 or 4-12 is an accomplishment with what's left on this roster. It's more than I ever saw from Philbin or Cameron. Or Wannstedt from 2001-2004 for that matter.

We have a top 4 pick coming, and I expect that Steelers pick to be in the 16-19 range--that's an 8-8 team. Houston will likely be carried to a division title by Watson, so that pick is going to be in the mid-20's this year.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Things could start getting interesting the last couple weeks of the season. The bungles are going back to Andy Dalton as their starting QB, benching Finley. I see them winning at least one game and hopefully beating the Fins for 2 wins. We could still get the first overall pick, I am more concerned with getting the 2nd pick so we can nab Chase Young.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I bet we get the third pick.  

If we pick 3, I'd look at OT Andrew Thomas or CB Jeff Okudah...but more likely, I'm trading down and getting more picks. I bet a lot of teams would be interested in moving up for Thomas.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:59 pm

TBH I would rather draft Hurts than any other non-Burrow QB in this class because there's a chance he'll be the next Jackson or Murray. QBs who can run and have their passing accuracy coached up seems to be the new way to go these days.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks Degarmo and JMP. Been trying to find something good throughout all the bad

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down