The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins coaching changes - Chan Gailey new OC

+4
rightchea
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phins coaching changes - Chan Gailey new OC - Page 2 Empty Re: Phins coaching changes - Chan Gailey new OC

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:00 am

Please no Jordan Love. Way to many picks

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Phins coaching changes - Chan Gailey new OC - Page 2 Empty Re: Phins coaching changes - Chan Gailey new OC

Post by JMP Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 am

CarsonChris wrote:Please no Jordan Love. Way to many picks

This year Love is on a crappy team with crappy players. He had a lot more talent around him in 2018. But when you look at a QB from a small, unheralded school, you almost have to ignore stats. If you just watch him play, you see that he has an excellent arm, he's a great athlete and he looks the part. From what I hear, he is also a leader and has great command of the huddle. I've seen comparisons to Mahomes, because Love can improvise and has the ability to throw from almost any angle. Now, he's definitely raw and needs work - no doubt about that. But looking only at his skillset and potential, he's got it all. Definitely a gamble, but at the QB position it's worth it for a player that could be great IMO.

I was once on the Justin Herbert bandwagon, but I'm off. Herbert is way too inconsistent and some of the throws he makes are total head-scratchers...like the INT he threw on the second series yesterday. He threw the ball into a crowd of about a dozen people...I don't know what he was thinking. I'm starting to view Herbert as Matt Stafford 2.0...a guy that will put up big numbers but will never put his team over the top.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 am

JMP wrote:I was initially shocked to see O'Shea get fired, but really, our offense was awful most of the season.

apparently it had been in the works for a while...

The coach had expected to fire O’Shea and Oden for some time before the season ended, according to a source, but his intention remained under wraps.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article238988263.html

i strongly suspect the inability to scheme any kind of run game was a significant contributor to O'Shea's demise. especially after seeing how a strong running game like D. Henry can elevate a very ordinary Tannehill.

For years, one of the biggest problems with Tannehill was his inability to deal with a pass rush. When Tannehill faced heavy pressure — which was often the case — Tannehill and his Dolphins teammates unraveled more often than not.

When under pressure, his passer ratings in his time in Miami (excluding the 2017 missed season due to a knee injury) were 68.6, 46.3, 76.7, 77.2, 49.1 and 73.5 last season.

So what does Tannehill do this year? He was second in the league (barely behind Drew Brees) in passer rating when facing a heavy pass rush, at 98.4, including five touchdowns and two interceptions.

But how about when they had a clean pocket?

Tannehill was best in the league in that category, too, at 122.8.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article238943118.html

so what was the big difference. did Tannehill somehow wake up and become a better QB? was it coaching (perhaps...maybe...probably)? was it the water in Nashville? or maybe, just maybe it was having a RB who ran for more than 1,500 yards with a 5.1 per average.

Flores appears to be searching the high school ranks to replace Oden...

Flores has been searching for a DB coach and that search has included Curt Kuntz, who is currently the head coach at Struthers High School in Ohio, per club sources. Flores is believed to have considered other options but Kuntz has been his primary target.

One source even insists Kuntz has already been offered the job.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2