The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG TANNEHILL!!!

+6
HalCHorn
Killah Sith
rightchea
Degarmo
JEGnj
DolFan 316
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OMG TANNEHILL!!!  Empty OMG TANNEHILL!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 pm

UP 28-6 IN THE LATE 3RD VS THE MIGHTY RAVENS!!! HENRY THROWS FOR A SCORE AND TANNEHILL RUNS FOR A SCORE!!! PURE CRAZINESS!!! CAN TANNEHILL ACTUALLY REACH THE SUPER BOWL RIGHT AFTER THE FINS PARTED WAYS WITH HIM?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

OMG TANNEHILL!!!  Empty Re: OMG TANNEHILL!!!

Post by JEGnj Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:57 pm

Just is like a bad joke.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:31 pm

First team to win consecutive playoff games with under 100 yards passing since the '73 Fins. This is literally insane.

And guess where the Super Bowl is this year? Yup...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:33 pm

I'm loving this.

Under 100 yards passing, but two big TD passes and one rushing TD.

You put your QB in the system they need to win. Vrabel is showing he's light years better a coach than Gase, Philbin, or any of those shitheels will ever dream of being.

Last edited by Degarmo on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 pm

BTW I started rooting for the Titans hard and was so scared that the Ravens would pull a Bengals and somehow get 16 points in the last minute or some crazy shit. At this point I'm just saying fuck it and rooting for Tannehill to win it all, baybeh!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 pm

Degarmo wrote:I'm loving this.

Under 100 yards passing, but two big TD passes and one rushing TD.

You put your QB in the system they need to win.  Vrabel is showing he's light years better a coach than Gase, Philbin, or any of those shitheels will ever dream of being.

Tannehill is the new Dilfer apparently.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:37 pm

Nah, Tannehill was actually extremely good in the regular season, one of the best long-ball passers in the game, and had over 100 for his QBR, I believe. Dilfer just rode the defense's wave to wins.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:45 pm

Degarmo wrote:Nah, Tannehill was actually extremely good in the regular season, one of the best long-ball passers in the game, and had over 100 for his QBR, I believe.  Dilfer just rode the defense's wave to wins.

Titans just set a record for being outgained by more yards than any other team in a playoff victory. Tannehill is pulling a Dilfer and doing the absolute bare minimum. I don't remember him even throwing one pass in the entire 4th quarter. Last week VS the Pats Henry accounted for 74% of their offense. Only one player has topped that in NFL playoff history.

Here's a look at Dilfer's '00 Ravens postseason BTW. He at least passed for 100 yards in all four games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DilfTr00/gamelog/post/

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Look there is nothing wrong with Tannehill playing the backup role behind Henry. I always knew that Tannehill could do good as long as he wasn't the highlight of the team. Gase could never provide that for him and I glad he is doing well with the Titans

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm

I have no problem rooting for Tanny to do good but his 7 years in Miami was not great. If we were a playoff team rolling opponents we would not have stripped the team down and now be worrying about how to use the 3 first rounders to rebuild.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:23 pm

Go Chiefs!

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm happy for him. Never happened for him here but let's face it, Philbin didn't even want him (just a terrible idea, our coach/GM shotgun wedding structure that we had forever) and Gase was incompetent and immature. Tannehill needed the right coach and never had it here. He isn't being asked to carry the team and has a lot of support around him in TN. And yet, if Mariota doesn't flame out he never would have had this opportunity.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:42 pm

If you don't have a great QB, the only way you can win is if you are exceptional somewhere else. Dilfer had the exceptional defense, and Tannehill has the exceptional running game. Tannehill has played well, but he's the beneficiary of a monster running back that single-handedly opens up the entire offense. Taking nothing away from Tannehill - he's done great - but the Titans are not in the championship game because of Ryan Tannehill. He's in the right place at the right time.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:24 pm

Killah Sith wrote:Go Chiefs!

Um, yeah, about that. Already down 14-0 with the first quarter less than half over Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Didn’t Tannehill lead the NFL in QB rating this year at 117.5? I rooted my ass of for Tannehill yesterday. Great first half by Tannehill. The long ball was on the money.

Go Titans!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:27 pm

JMP wrote:If you don't have a great QB, the only way you can win is if you are exceptional somewhere else.  Dilfer had the exceptional defense, and Tannehill has the exceptional running game.  Tannehill has played well, but he's the beneficiary of a monster running back that single-handedly opens up the entire offense.  Taking nothing away from Tannehill - he's done great - but the Titans are not in the championship game because of Ryan Tannehill.  He's in the right place at the right time.

I think us agreeing on this might be an even bigger miracle than the Ravens losing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Also, you just know Wanny is turtled up somewhere crying and muttering something about how Fiedler could've done this...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:29 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Didn’t Tannehill lead the NFL in QB rating this year at 117.5?  I rooted my ass of for Tannehill yesterday. Great first half by Tannehill. The long ball was on the money.

Go Titans!

One of my friends lives near Nashville now. If the Titans win next week, I have GOT to somehow get my ass over there just to soak in the party atmosphere before the Super Bowl.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Lamar Jackson’s sideline faces were the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. I though people stopped hitting themselves in the head at age two but apparently I’m wrong 😂😂😂

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:39 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Lamar Jackson’s sideline faces were the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. I though people stopped hitting themselves in the head at age two but apparently I’m wrong 😂😂😂

Mahomes is everything Jackson's supposed to be but isn't. Tannehill might actually have to hit triple digits passing to win this next one.

And yes, I know the Titans beat KC in the regular season. So did the Texans.

Right now I'm still saying the Titans win but I think they might actually face a second half deficit first.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 am

JMP wrote:Tannehill has played well, but he's the beneficiary of a monster running back that single-handedly opens up the entire offense.  Taking nothing away from Tannehill - he's done great - but the Titans are not in the championship game because of Ryan Tannehill.  He's in the right place at the right time.

absolutely. and considering how putrid Miami's running game was this year, it would've been more of the same had the Phins kept him.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:28 am

mercury22nathan wrote:absolutely.  and considering how putrid Miami's running game was this year, it would've been more of the same had the Phins kept him.

That's the real question everybody should be asking: would this year's Fins have won more than 5 games with Tannehill? IMO they'd have won less.

He still gets sacked with the same frequency he always did BTW. Maybe that's the real reason Vrabel's decided to have Henry go full '82 Riggins.

Tannehill actually getting to the Super Bowl in Miami would be the biggest NFL story of at least the last decade and the media spectacle would be off the charts even by SB standards.

BTW if that does happen I'd be willing to say that Tannehill is more like '73 Griese than '00 Dilfer.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 am

The only chance the Titans have of beating the Chiefs is if they somehow force 10 turnovers. They're not stopping Mahomes, and there's no way a Tannehill-led team - even with Derrick Henry - can put up enough points to win. It was a great run for Tannehill and his sub-100 yard passing games, but the story ends next Sunday.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:00 am

JMP wrote:The only chance the Titans have of beating the Chiefs is if they somehow force 10 turnovers.  They're not stopping Mahomes, and there's no way a Tannehill-led team - even with Derrick Henry - can put up enough points to win.  It was a great run for Tannehill and his sub-100 yard passing games, but the story ends next Sunday.

If there's one thing I've learned from the NFL this century, it's to never EVER underestimate Andy Reid's ability to blow playoff games in which everything is in his favor going in. Hell, he tried his best to blow the Texans game, but Bill O'Brien just wouldn't let him.

Really curious to see if the officials try to fix both conference title games so that there's a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl I rematch because of the whole "centennial season" thing. Because the Titans and 49ers are the more physical teams, by far.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 am

Mahomes looks unstoppable at times. Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

I had hoped for a 49er Seattle NFC championship game. Those two teams seem to always have close hard fought games.

Now it’s all about the Titans

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 am

CarsonChris wrote:Mahomes looks unstoppable at times. Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

I had hoped for a 49er Seattle NFC championship game. Those two teams seem to always have close hard fought games.

Now it’s all about the Titans

Oh, I was rooting for the Seahawks too, for the same reason. 49ers are going to curbstomp the Packers unless the NFL fixes the game. When Carroll actually decided to PUNT with 2:36 left down by 5 he was publicly announcing to the world that he'd given up and was just wanting to reduce the margin of defeat. It is just me or has every single 4th down decision by every coach in this postseason been an epic fail?

Let's not forget that ex-Fin Damien Williams is on the Chiefs, where he suddenly became a big-play threat out of nowhere after not doing squat with the Fins. Figures Evil or Very Mad

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDa05.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next